Gifts for 4 Year Olds
Kids are very finicky, what they like today may end up being discarded tomorrow. This is one of the reasons why buying gifts for kids is so difficult. Choosing the best gifts for 4 years olds can be very tricky because it’s hard to determine where their true interests lie. So, what are the best gifts for 4 year olds?
When choosing gifts for 4 year olds, choose something that helps them learn basic skills while playing. The best gifts for 4 year olds are those that capture the child’s interest and help them learn too. Additionally, the child’s needs and interests should also be considered first while choosing gifts for 4 year olds. To make your job easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top gifts for 4 year olds that are sure to get your little ones excited.
Best Gifts for 4 Year Olds
Here is a list of some amazing gifts for 4 year olds. It includes toys, non-toy gifts and educational gifts for kids.
List of Gifts for 4 Year Olds
- Plush toys: Plush toys are one of the best gifts to give four year old kids. Most children love playing with their plush toys and they even become their best companions through childhood. These toys are soft and comfortable to snuggle with and become their bedtime friend. Plush toys come in many shapes and sizes and even materials. Gift your child a plush toy in the shape of their favorite animal or superhero.
- Drawing books and colors: Most 4 year olds love drawing and coloring. Give your little Picasso some drawing and coloring tools like canvas sheets, watercolor, paintbrushes, crayons, etc. These art activities for kids are great to boost their creativity and imagination. Additionally, these activities also develop their fine motor skills like hand and eye coordination. It might be messy, but letting your child explore their creative side is worth the mess. Also, explore drawing games for kids.
- Osmo’s Monster: Osmo’s Monster is a great gift for 4 year olds. Kids get to learn how to draw with Mo, the Monster. Additionally, the game animates their drawings and makes it come alive on screen. The Monster kit comes with a drawing board and markers to boost your little ones creativity.
- Lego Bricks: Playtime becomes a lot more fun with Lego building blocks. Playing with Lego bricks is very exciting as it allows kids to build a wide range of structures. It’s a great activity to boost their fine motor skills, creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Jigsaw puzzles: Jigsaw puzzles are an age-old toy that kids love playing with. In addition to being fun, they also can do wonders for your child’s overall brain development. As the kids move the pieces around to fit, it improves the child’s spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination. These puzzles for kids also help in developing their thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Remote-controlled toys: Remote-controlled toys like cars, bikes, toy trains, helicopters etc are great gifts for 4 year olds. The kids will have a great time playing with these toys and it also boosts their fine motor skills.
- Christmas gifts: If you are looking for the best Christmas gifts for 4 years olds, you can give them several things. You can get them Christmas gifts for kids like Christmas-themed clothes, bikes, dolls etc. You can also give non toy gifts like books, magazine subscriptions, a watch etc.
- Osmo’s Little Genius Costume Pieces (Stories & Costume Party): The classic Osmo game includes 19 costume pieces, stackable storage, 2 game apps- Costume Party and Stories. In the Costume Party game, kids get to experiment with the clothes and colors available, to create unique costumes. They can navigate adventures in Stories by mixing and matching costumes to find solutions.
- Spelling toys: This is one of the best educational gifts for 4 year olds. At age 4, kids are just learning the letters of the alphabet and learning to string letters together to form words. A spelling toy is a great gift to help children learn new words for kids and expand their vocabulary.
- Playdough: Clay modeling is a great way for kids to have fun while learning. They can design and create different things like alphabets, numbers, shapes, etc with playdough. This helps improve their fine motor skills and educates them about letters, numbers, shapes etc.
- Osmo’s Little Genius Sticks & Rings (ABCs & Squiggle): Osmo’s Little Genius Sticks & Rings is a wonderful gift for a 4 year old who’s just learning the letters of the alphabet. The game kit includes 38 silicone sticks and rings, silicone play mat, and stackable storage. Kids can create the shapes of the letters with colorful sticks and rings in ABCs. In Squiggle, the kids can create anything they like and see the shapes come alive on the screen.
- Clothes: Little kids tend to grow out of their clothes very quickly. So, clothes are a wonderful gift for 4 year olds. Gift your kids the latest apparel and see them dancing around in their new dress.
- Dolls: Dolls are among the top gifts for 4 year old girls. Girls love to play with dolls and doll accessories. They love to dress them up and comb their hair. So, get a doll and dollhouse to surprise your 4 year old little girl.
- School accessories: 4 is when most kids start preschool. Prep your little one to go to school by giving them school accessories. Backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles, notebooks etc are some of the best gifts for a 4 year old who’s starting preschool.
- Abacus: Abacus is a great gift for kids who are starting school. It’s one of the best things to help kids learn numbers, counting and learn math operations like addition, subtraction and multiplication. Check out counting activities for preschoolers to help your little ones learn to count.
- Superhero figurine: Kids who are die-hard fans of superheroes would love to be gifted a Superhero toy or figurine.
- Fire brigade vehicle: Little boys, who love firefighters, would love to get a fire brigade vehicle as a gift. Help your little one live their dreams of being a firefighter with this gift. This is one of the best gifts for 4 year old boys.
- Laboratory kits: Introducing kids to science from an early age helps develop a lifelong love of science. Laboratory kits or mini science experiment toys are a great gift for 4 year olds to learn about science.This is one of the best science gifts for 4 year olds to help them experiment and learn science. Check out these cool science experiments for kids.
- Doctors kits: Kids at this age learn by exploring and observing things or people around them.They often imitate doctors and indulge in pretend play. A kid-friendly doctor’s kit is a great gift to encourage 4 year olds to play at being a doctor.
- Telescope: If your little one loves the stars and other celestial objects, give them a telescope as a gift. Introduce them to the sun, moon, the stars and other celestial bodies with a telescope. This will spark the child’s interest in astronomy.
- Sports equipment: Little kids love to play and playing outdoors is one of their favorite pastimes. If your little one loves sports, get them sports equipment like football kits, badminton kits, baseball kits etc. Not only will they have fun, but it also helps them exercise. This activity also helps with their muscle development builds important skills like focus, concentration, sportsmanship, determination, team work, etc.
You need to think and put some effort into buying the best gifts for your little ones. Ask the child about their interests and what kind of gifts they want. Also, learn what they need and do some research about the best gifts that’ll boost their development. This will help you make the right decision and pick the right gift for your child. Osmo has a wide variety of gift ideas, activities, games and worksheets to make learning fun and engaging. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Gifts for 4 Year Olds
What are the Gifts for 4 Year Olds?
Some of the Gifts for 4 Year Olds are musical instruments, coloring books, color pencil sets, clothes, dolls, toy cars, bikes and trains, school bags, stuffed animals, Christmas presents, etc.
How to choose Gifts for 4 Year Olds?
Picking up Gifts for 4 Year Olds could be a tedious job for parents. Hence, you can make a note of how to choose gifts for 4 year olds. Firstly, understand your child’s requirements and learning capability. Then, start choosing simple gifts like, coloring books, doll houses, etc.