What kind of gifts would you give a 3 year old? Choosing the perfect gifts for 3 year olds can be very tough. Playtime for 3 year olds is quite different compared to early toddler age. They look for games that match their physical, cognitive, and language skills. When you choose gifts for 3 year olds, choose things that make them happy and also contribute to their cognitive development. These gifts for kids should not only entertain them, but also help them learn basic skills.
Wondering about the best gifts for 3 year olds? Here is a list of some amazing gifts for 3 year olds. Your little ones will love receiving these unique gifts for 3 year olds.
Best Gifts for 3 Year OIds
Before you choose gifts for 3 year olds, find out more about their likes and dislikes. Some gifts that 3 year olds like are Lego, marbles, football, bat and ball, car toys, dolls and superhero toys. Along with keeping kids engaged and active, the toys should also help them learn. So, choose fun educational gifts for 3 year olds, which help in the overall development of the child. Here is a list of the top gifts for 3 year olds.
- Drawing Kit: Most little kids love to draw and color and bring their imagination onto paper. Give your little artist a drawing kit with things like a drawing book, crayons, child-safe paint etc to indulge their inner Picasso. These art activities for kids improve their hand and eye coordination along with other important skills.
- LEGO: LEGOs are one of the best gifts for 3 year old kids. Building blocks or legos are the best way to boost the child’s fine motor skills. Lego also teaches kids about shapes, color and position. It also boosts their creativity and imagination as they build different structures and shapes.
- Little Genius Sticks Rings (ABCs & Squiggle Magic): This classic game from Osmo includes 38 silicone sticks and rings, a silicone play mat, stackable storage, and 2 games – ABCs and Squiggle Magic. Kids need to build letters of the alphabet with colorful sticks and rings. They can also create anything of their choice and see the creation come alive in Squiggle Magic. This game increases their creativity, fine motor skills, spatial reasoning, letter recognition, and vocabulary skills. Try these letter recognition games for kids to help them learn the letters of the alphabet.
- Plush toys: Plush toys are one of the most popular gifts for little kids. These toys help the kids indulge in pretend play. These toys are also a great medium for parents to teach good habits and manners to the kids. Playing with plush toys also boosts their emotional skills.
- Remote-controlled cars: Nothing will have a 3 year old jumping with joy than a remote-controlled car or truck. Rest assured your little one is going to love this particular gift. Additionally, it also improves their motor skills.
- Playdough: Gifting playdough is a nice option. Playdough is not only fun, but it also improves their motor skills and creativity. Kids can make alphabets, numbers or any shape that they like with the playdough.
- Abacus: Abacus is a great gift for a 3 year old who is just learning the numbers and how to count. This is an amazing educational gift for 3 year olds that will come in handy for years to come. They’ll start with learning numbers and eventually move on to learning how to solve addition, subtraction and multiplication problems with it. Check out these number games for kids to help kids learn the numbers.
- Little Genius Costume Pieces (Stories & Costume Party): In this game, kids can mix and match costumes and navigate adventures in stories. Kids can also have a Costume Party, where they can experiment with different clothes and colors. The wonderful game from Osmo includes 19 costume pieces, stackable storage, 2 game apps- Costume Party and Stories.
- Dollhouse: Who doesn’t love to play with a dollhouse? A dollhouse is the best Christmas gift for 3 year old kids. Dollhouses are a great way for kids to indulge in pretend play and spend time playing with their friends.
- Barbie dolls: Barbie dolls or Barbie princesses are nice gifts for 3 year old kids. This is one of the best princess gifts for 3 year olds, who’ll enjoy dressing up their dolls with colorful clothes and style their hair. This helps develop their cognitive skills as they play.
- Jigsaw puzzle: A jigsaw puzzle is one of the most fun and educational games for 3 year olds. It is also one among the best Montessori gifts for 3 year olds. Jigsaw puzzles are a great tool for boosting a child’s fine motor skills, memory, concentration and thinking skills.
- Writing pad: Kids at this age are just starting to learn the letters of the alphabet and numbers. They can recognize and sound some letters and know some of the numbers too. Gifting 3 year olds a writing pad is a great way to help them learn how to write. Entice your little ones to write with these writing games for kids.
- Bike or Scooter: This is an exciting gift for 3 year olds, they’ll spend hours enjoying riding their bikes around the house. This is a great way to get kids to exercise too.
- Story books: Books are one of the best gifts to give kids. Reading and storytelling are not only fun, but they’re a great way to help kids learn new words and expand their vocabulary. Kids will look forward to reading, when they’re given creatively illustrated storybooks. Check out these reading games for kids to make reading more fun for your kids.
- Doctors Kit: A gift like a doctor’s kit helps children understand what doctors do. Kids can play at being a doctor with a doctor’s kit, which includes a stethoscope, injection, apron, etc. Gifts like these help build their confidence and spark an interest in science.
- Coloring kit: Most kids love coloring and you’ll often find their artwork all around your house and furniture. Giving them a coloring kit helps channel their coloring talent in the right direction. The kit usually includes crayons, color pencils, child-safe watercolor paints, brushes and other coloring accessories. As the kids enjoy coloring, it’ll also boost their hand eye coordination, concentration and focus.
- Bath toys: Bath toys are a great gift for 3 year old kids. These toys add some fun and joy to bathtime. Toys like rubber ducks, washable crayons and light up bath toys help the kids enjoy themselves.
- Superhero costume: Little kids love superheroes. Make their wish of becoming a superhero come true by gifting them their favorite superhero costume. This gift will make way for endless hours of imaginative play and boost their creativity.
- Railway track and trains: Kids are fascinated by trains and train tracks. If your little one loves watching TV shows on trains, give them a train and railway track set.
- Mini kitchen: Some kids love tailing their parents in the kitchen and helping them cook. If your little one aspires to be a masterchef, give wings to their dreams by gifting them a mini kitchen to practice their cooking skills.
- Swing: A swing is the perfect for a 3 year old who loves playing in the park swing. Give your little one a swing to play to their heart’s content at home.
- Golf set: A golf set is a great gift for 3 year old kids. It’s also a great way to spark a little child’s interest in sports.
Deciding what to give to a 3 year old is not always easy. Most kids are really fussy about what they want to play with. Gifts also depend on the gender of the kid. While a boy might enjoy car or superhero toys, girls would want dolls and dollhouses on their birthday. So, it’s always a challenge to find the perfect gift for your little munchkin. If you are not sure what your kid might like, you can go with Osmo’s range of toys or choose from the list of recommended gifts above.
We hope you found this list of gifts for 3 year olds useful. For more gifting ideas, activities, worksheets and games to make learning more fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Gifts for 3 year olds
What are some of the Gifts for 3 year olds?
Some of the Gifts for 3 year olds are Osmo’s little ABCs and squiggle magic, Osmo’s stories and costume party, playdough, jigsaw puzzles sets, etc.
What are some of the fun gifts for 3 year olds?
Some of the fun Gifts for 3 year olds are lego, remote bikes, soft toys, coloring kit, doll house, barbie doll set, abacus, playdough, drawing books, comic books, etc.