The first day of April is celebrated as All Fool’s day or April Fools Day in most countries around the world. On this day, people around the world play harmless pranks and practical jokes on their friends and family. Apr 1, 2022 is your turn to play a funny prank on someone you know. So, here are some ideas for funny April Fools Day pranks and practical jokes for kids. These harmless pranks are sure to leave you and your friends in splits of laughter.
Playing pranks and practical jokes is one of the best activities for kids at home or in school. April Fools Day is considered a pranking holiday with no guilt involved for both parties. But while you have fun, you also need to ensure that no one gets hurt physically or emotionally from the experience. Need help to play a prank on someone? Then here are some funny April Fools Day pranks that’ll have everyone laughing uncontrollably.
List of Funny April Fools Day Pranks for Kids
Here is a list of the most funny April Fools Day pranks for kids. These harmless pranks are the perfect holiday activities for kids to tickle a person’s funny bone. But remember that these silly pranks and practical jokes should only end in tears of laughter and not shame and sadness.
Funny April Fools Day Pranks to Play on Kids
- Swapping Sleepers: If your little ones sleep soundly, this is one of the best practical jokes to play on them. Move around their furniture, swap blankets or even bedrooms! The little ones will be left wondering what exactly happened when they wake up.
- Shoe Surprise: Tying someone’s shoelaces to make them trip is one of the oldest April Fools Day pranks. It never fails to get everyone laughing. But this year, give this old prank a new twist. As your child sleeps, put their shoes on them with socks that have funny prints on them. Your little one will be surprised to find themselves wondering how the shoes got on their feet!
- Jell-O Juice: Here is another funny prank you can play on your little ones that’ll leave them giggling uncontrollably. Make some grape flavored Jell-O and put it in empty juice cartons or plastic cups with straws. Your kids will find themselves pranked when they try to take a sip of their juice!
- Bugs in their Bed: This trick is an oldie but definitely a goodie. Nothing is more creepy than waking up to find your bed creeping with bugs! This April Fools Day, place some plastic bugs on your little one’s bed before they wake up. They might have a fright initially, but they’ll definitely have a hearty laugh when they find out they’re just plastic bugs.
- Sweet Toothpaste: This is another classic April Fools Day prank, but one that works every single time. Switch your little one’s tube of toothpaste with a tube of sweetened whipped cream. They’ll have the time of their lives laughing when they find they’ve been fooled! Additionally, it’ll make a sweet start to their day too.
Funny April Fools Day Pranks to Play on Parents or Adults
- The Clock Switcheroo: If your parents set an alarm to wake up in the morning, it’s the perfect time to play a prank. Set an alarm for yourself to wake up 10 minutes before them. In the morning, dress up and rush to their room yelling you’re late for school. They’ll scramble and run around before they realize they’ve been fooled!
- Brownies: This is one of the most funny April Fools Day pranks that almost everyone falls for. Trace the letter E in block letters on a large piece of brown paper and cut it out. Do this until you have enough brown E’s to fill a brownie pan. Then offer your parents or family members brownies to eat and serve them the brown E’s! They’ll have a great laugh when they realize they’ve been fooled.
- Whoopie Cushion: The whoopie cushion is one of the oldest pranks in the book. Hide a whoopie cushion under the sofa’s cushion or seat and wait till someone sits on it. The loud fart noises will have everyone in peals of laughter.
- Toothpaste Cupcakes: This funny April Fools Day prank might leave a bad taste in the victim’s mouth, but they’ll laugh uncontrollably. Bake some chocolate mint cupcakes. For the frosting, mix some toothpaste with green food coloring and frost the cupcakes. Offer them to friends and family and fool them into eating toothpaste-frosted cupcakes! This will be an April Fools Day that they won’t forget in a hurry!
- Shattered Screen: No parent wants to come home to find their phone or tablet’s screen shattered and cracked. All you have to do is download an app-installed wallpaper that makes your phone look like it has a cracked screen. Pretend to drop the phone or tablet and then apologetically hand them the device with the cracked screen. You might give them a fright, but they’ll definitely have a great laugh when they find themselves fooled! This is one of the most satisfying and funny April Fools Day pranks you can play on anyone.
We hope you enjoyed these funny April Fools Day pranks and found some great ideas to prank people. For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Funny April Fools Day Pranks
When is April Fools Day celebrated?
April Fools Day is celebrated on the first day of April every year. On this day, people play pranks and practical jokes on other people in an effort to fool them.
What are some funny pranks you can play on April Fools Day?
Toothpaste cupcakes, whoopie cushions on the seat, brownies, Jell-O juice, swapping children’s clothes are some funny pranks you can play on April Fools Day.