What fruits do your children like eating? Is it an apple, banana, papaya or strawberry? Though littles are familiar with the fruits they eat on a daily basis, they might not know their names. Apart from fruit recognition, you can teach kids the names of fruits in a creative way. Learning fruit names enables children to expand their knowledge about one of the essential parts of a plant. This helps children to upgrade their vocabulary and language skills by learning the fruit names. Learning vocabulary for kids helps them make meaningful sentences for effective communication with others.
Kids must acquaint themselves with the benefits of eating fruits every day. Fruits consist of vitamins and minerals required for the growth and development of humans. Besides this, it increases immunity in children and protects them from harmful diseases. You can conduct engaging activities to teach fruit names to kids. These activities for kids at home keep them active and engaged in learning all the names of fruits effectively. Besides teaching the names of fruits in English, you can teach kids names of flowers, vegetables, animals, etc., to enhance their knowledge about them.
Names of Fruits for Kids
Do your children know the names of the fruits they are eating? If not, you must teach them fruit names in such a way that they recognize, memorize and retain the names of all the fruits in their memory for a longer period of time. Besides this, you can help them learn some interesting facts to upgrade their knowledge of fruits. For example, pumpkins, avocados and tomatoes are fruits, all oranges are not orange in color, raspberries belong to the family of roses and many more. Check out the list of fruit names for kids mentioned in this article.
List of All the Names of the Fruits
Here is a list of the names of fruits for your children.
|Red Currant||Cashew Apple|
Free Printable Fruit Names in English
Fruits are the seed-bearing part of the plant. They have natural sweeteners, and you can eat them raw or use them to make delicious desserts, such as strawberry pudding, apple pie, mango smoothies, etc. Sometimes, little ones might not have seen or heard about some fruit names before. In such a situation, you can creatively teach the names of fruits so that they remember them throughout their lives. To achieve this, you can teach them the names of all the fruits using the printable given below.
Also, explore spelling activities for kids.
Fun Activities to Learn Fruits Name for Kids
Some of the activities that help children learn the names of fruits are mentioned below:
- Ask kids to write the names of fruits on a sheet of paper. Assess their performance based on the number of correct answers.
- Show fruits flashcards to kids and ask them to identify the fruits illustrated on the flashcards.
- Show real fruits to the children and ask them to identify their names.
- Ask kids to label the fruit names in the space provided on the worksheets. This helps them learn how to spell the names of fruits correctly.
- Ask kids to arrange the jumbled names of the fruits mentioned on a sheet of paper, for example, a l p e p, y r r b e, p e g r a s, etc. The answer is apple, berry and grapes.
- Conduct pictionary games for kids where you need to draw the illustration of the fruits on a board and ask them to guess the names of the fruits correctly.
- Ask kids to match the names of fruits with their corresponding images on the worksheet. This helps them recognize and memorize the names of fruits in their memory for a longer period of time.
Also, explore pictionary words for kids.
Benefits of Learning Names of Fruits for Kids
The benefits of learning fruit names for kids are mentioned below.
- It keeps children active and engaged in learning the names of fruits.
- It improves children’s knowledge of fruits.
- It teaches children the importance of fruits and their nutritional value.
- It develops vocabulary and language skills in children by learning the names of fruits for effective communication practices.
- It enables children to understand the importance of eating fruits daily to improve their immune systems for a healthy life.
We hope this article on fruit names helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, words for kids, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fruit Names
What are some fruit names?
Some fruit names for kids are apple, mango, strawberry, pomegranate, watermelon, orange, banana, kiwi, grape, papaya, pineapple, peach, etc.
What are the benefits of learning the names of fruits?
The benefits of learning the names of fruits for kids are that it helps them recognize fruits by their names. The list of fruits helps them learn spelling and pronunciation effectively. Besides this, they quickly learn to read and write fruit names on a sheet of paper for better learning outcomes.