Fraction Math Games
Easy And Interactive Math Games Fractions For Kids
Basic concepts of fractions are usually introduced to kids when they’re in grades 1 & 2. To help them ease into this concept, you could try these unplugged fraction math games that make learning interactive and fun. There are quite easy and interactive math games fractions for kids where they can learn how to calculate fractions effortlessly. Apart from this, math games on dividing fractions will enable kids to learn from different shapes and numbers. Therefore, you can conduct math activities in an easy and understandable way.
Parents and teachers can conduct math games for decimals fractions percents in a creative way. Learning through games will engage children for longer periods of time. Moreover, math games for kids will help in developing their critical thinking and problem solving skills. There are many math fraction board games for kids to learn decimals and fractions based to their level of understanding.
Fun Math Fraction Games For Kids
Needless to say, there are cool math games fractions for kids available online. You have to explore free math fraction games for 5th grade and 4th grade kids. Fractions are considered to be part of a whole. For example, half of 1 will be expressed as ½ , where 1 is the numerator and 2 is the denominator. Moreover, you also convert ½ into decimal, where the numerator is divided by the denominator to give 0.5. You can also explore math card games for kids to learn mathematical concepts systematically. For now, let us check out these fun math fraction games for kids given below:
List Of Fraction Math Games For Kids
- Fraction War – An Interactive Card Game: Got a deck of cards? Perfect. We’ve got a fun fraction game your kids will love. All your kids have to do is deal 2 cards in each round and see who’s got the largest fraction for that round. For example, if a child draws two cards – 9 and 8 – with 9 as the numerator and 8 as the denominator, and the other player draws two cards – 8 and 6 – with 8 as the numerator and 6 as the denominator, the first player wins the round.
- Lego Fractions- Combining Engineering with Math: Looking for more fraction math games for your kids? We’ve got you covered. Building lego blocks can improve your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. But beyond learning about the basics of building and engineering, kids can learn about fractions too. You could assign each player a random fraction (such as ⅔) and ensure kids place 2 blocks in the numerator and 3 in the denominator. Make sure they use blocks of different colors for both.
- Paper Plate Fractions – Fun Math Fraction Games for Kids: Here’s another fun fraction math game for your little one. Take a few paper plates and ask your child to cut them up with scissors to form fractions. If you assign them a fraction such as ½ . they would neatly have to cut the paper plate into two halves.
- Osmo’s Pizza: You could also try this activity with pizza. a digital-physical pizza game for kids, check out Osmo’s Pizza Co.
- Fraction Dance – Understanding Fractions with Newspapers: In this fraction game, you need to use a full newspaper as your child’s dance floor! Turn the music up and let them dance to some cool beats. Here’s the challenge – you need to keep folding the paper into various fractions and your child needs to find a way to remain standing on the paper.
- Fraction Hopscotch – Learning Math Through Exercise: Playing a game of hopscotch is a great way to get in some exercise! Furthermore, it could be an awesome way to teach your kids fractions too. Just like the original game, you’ll need to draw squares on the pavement. But, each square needs to be labelled with a fraction. Next, kids need to throw a marker and jump to wherever it lands. As they land on the area, they need to name that particular fraction out loud. If they’re older, you could even have them estimate its decimal.
- Fraction Picnic – Host a Picnic at Home: Look no further for more ideas for fun math fraction games! In this activity, your kids need to cut out images of food from newspapers/magazines. Then, they need to cut them out in the form of assigned fractions and stick them with glue on a paper plate! Let them label the food item too. (This could test their food vocabulary!) It’s a great way to engage in pretend-play too.
- Fraction Coloring- Color the parts of a shape: This activity is extremely fun and entertaining for kids as they love to color. You can teach fractions to the kids using coloring sheets. Draw a square, circle or hexagonal shape on the sheet of paper. Divide the shape into 4, 2, 6 respectively. To do this, you can find fraction math games printables available online.
- Fraction Sticky Notes: Teach fractions with the help of sticky notes. You can ask kids to cut the sticky notes in the form of any shapes. Divide the shapes into halves, one third, two third, one sixth, etc with the help of a marker. Stick them in your display board and ask them to observe regularly for better retention. Make it colorful and interesting for kids to learn fractions efficiently.
Tips To Conduct Fraction Math Games
Few tips to conduct fraction math games for kids are mentioned below:
- Use attractive images and videos for conducting math fraction games for kids.
- Teach with the help of math fraction board games.
- Teach fractions with the help of real life examples and materials found in the surroundings.
- Keep it simple and understandable for kids.
- Encourage kids to actively participate in the games.
- Conduct games based on the level of their understanding.
- Provide flexibility to learn and understand mathematical concepts at their own pace.
- Keep the learning environment fun and entertaining for kids.
For more fun math games for kids and kids learning games, check the rest of our website.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fraction Math Games
What are the different types of Fraction Math Games?
The different types of Fraction Math Games are Lego fractions, fractions war, Osmo’s pizza, fraction hopscotch, fraction dance, fraction picnic, fraction coloring, fraction sticky notes, paper plate fractions, etc.
What are the tips to conduct Fraction Math Games?
The tips to conduct Fraction Math Games are that you must keep it simple and fun for kids, play games based on their pace of comprehension, teach them with the help of math fraction games, motivate children to participate in games and so on.