Teaching words for kids is an important part of their early learning. The more words they learn, the larger their vocabulary. A large vocabulary gives them access to unlimited knowledge and information. When you’re teaching D words for kids, start with simple words like four letter words that start with D. we’ve made your job easy and compiled a list of all the four letter words that start with D.
Before you refer to our list of four letter words that start with D, let’s look at a few activities that might help your child learn four letter words that start with D.
- Play a game of word jumble: All you have to do is scramble the words that begin with D and have your child rearrange them to form the correct word!
- Guess the word: If your child has difficulty in learning definitions of words by heart, they can simply guess it! Create a sentence for your child and one four letter word that starts with D (that they’re unfamiliar with) in that sentence. They must guess what it could mean. The closer they come to the right definition, the better.
- Use flashcards: This is all too common isn’t it? Describe the meaning of a word with flashcards and there’s a good chance your child will remember the definition for a long time! They’re visual learners after all.
- Hangman: Most kids would prefer to play a game rather than learn new words. So, make learning new words a fun game with Hangman. Not only is Hangman a great activity to help kids learn new words, it’s one of the best spelling activities too. As kids guess the letters to form the word, they’ll learn how to spell the word too.
List of 4 Letter Words That Start With the Letter D
Check out these four letter words that start with the letter D to build your child’s vocabulary.
Four Letter Words That Start With D
Fill in the Blanks with Four Letter Words That Start With D
Here’s an activity to test if your child has understood the four letter words that start with D. All they must do is fill in the blanks with the appropriate list of words of four letter words that start with the letter D.
- Take a flashlight. It’s ______ outside.
- Roll the _______ to begin the game.
- Can you _______ this number?
- Oh, no! There’s a _______ in the car!
- I’m on a _______ because I want to lose a few pounds.
- The pool is ______. Be careful when you swim.
- My hands are full. Can you hold the ______ ?
- Check out this awesome picture that I ______!
- It’s definitely sunny outside. I can’t _______ that.
- Look at this cute ______ in the pond!
- I _______ you to talk to him!
- Are you ______ working for the day?
- Don’t _____ your clothes there.
- Did you know that ______ are extinct?
- What’s today’s _____?
Choose from the following words:
Dump, Dodos, Dent, Dark, Dial, Done, Dare, Date, Deny, Drew, Duck, Diet, Dice, Door, Deep.
Learning new words becomes more interesting, when you teach them using games and activities. Osmo has a wide variety of word lists, games and activities that makes learning engaging and fun. Check our kids learning section for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions on Four Letter Words That Start With D
What are the Four Letter Words that Start with D?
The Four Letter Words That Start With D are done, dive, dove, deaf, dumb, dark, drop, door, disc, drab, daze, draw, drew, deny, deep, dune, dice, dime, drip, dump, data, etc.
What are the activities that help kids to learn Four Letter Words that Start with D?
The activities that help kids to learn Four Letter Words that Start with D are decoding jumbled words, word search, crossword puzzles, reading games, etc.