A Comprehensive Guide To 4 Letter Words That End In X
Let’s explore four letter words that end in X. X is the 24th letter of the alphabet and a consonant. It is also one of the least used letters in the English alphabet. Teach these four letter words that end in the letter X to your kids. Whether they’re in preschool, kindergarten or early elementary school, they’ll benefit from expanding their vocabulary.
Words are very powerful, they help you express yourself clearly and communicate effectively. Additionally, a vast vocabulary helps in developing the child’s speech, reading and writing skills. Four letter words that end in X are quite rare, but some unique words end with the letter X. Here is a list of four letter words that end in the letter X.
4 Letter Words Ending In X
Here is a list of four letter words that end with the letter X along with their meanings.
A List of Four Letter Words Ending In X
|Apex||The tip or uppermost point of a structure, mountain, object or geometric figure|
|Brux||To clench and grind the teeth; gnash|
|Coax||Gently and persistently persuade (someone) to do something|
|Crux||The decisive or most important point at issue or a puzzling or apparently insoluble problem|
|Falx||A sickle-shaped anatomical structure in the brain|
|Faux||False or not real or genuine|
|Flax||A blue-flowered herbaceous plant that is cultivated for its seed (linseed) and for textile fibre made from its stalks.|
|Flex||To contract a muscle or to bend a joint.|
|Flux||A flow or flowing of a liquid or the flowing in of the tide|
|Hoax||An act intended to deceive or trick|
|Ibex||A wild mountain goat with long, thick ridged horns and a beard, found in parts of central Asia and in Ethiopia|
|Ilex||A Holm Oak or a tree or shrub of a genus that includes holly and its relatives|
|Jeux||games or other distracting activities|
|Jinx||A person or thing that is believed to bring bad luck or bring bad luck to; cast an evil spell on|
|Lynx||A wild cat with yellowish-brown fur (sometimes spotted), a short tail, and tufted ears, found chiefly in the northern latitudes of North America and Eurasia|
|Minx||An impudent, cunning, or boldly flirtatious girl or young woman|
|Onyx||A semi-precious variety of agate with different colors in layers|
|Oryx||A large antelope living in arid regions of Africa and Arabia, having dark markings on the face and long horns|
|Plex||A building divided into an often specified number of spaces (such as apartments or movie theatres) fourplex multiplex|
|Roux||A mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces|
Activities To Help Your Child Learn Four Letter Words That End In X
Once your child has learned the four letter words that end with the letter X, they need to practice the words to remember them. These are unfamiliar words, which the kids will need to practice to learn how to use them.
The best way to do this is to write the words and solve worksheets. This helps children retain what they’ve learned in their memory. Here are some simple activities to help your child learn four letter words that end with the letter X.
Fill In The Missing Letters To Complete The Four Letter Words That End In X
- A __ __ X
- B R__ __
- C__ __ __
- F__ __ X
- F __ E __
- L __ __ __
- P __ __ X
- __ __ U X
Quiz On Four Letter Words That End In X
- I am a wild cat found in the mountains in Canada, America and Eurasia. My name is a four letter word that ends with the letter X. What am I? Answer: Lynx
- This four letter word that ends in X means an act intended to deceive or trick. What is it? Answer: Hoax
- What is a four letter word that ends in the letter X that means to persistently persuade someone to do something? Answer: Coax
- What is a four letter word that ends in the letter X that means a semi-precious variety of agate with different colors in layers? Answer: Onyx
- This word that ends with X means person or thing that is believed to bring bad luck. What is it? Answer: Jinx
Tips To Help Children Learn Four Letter Words That End In X
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to help your child learn four letter words that end with X.
- Visual cues and images: Most of these four letter words that end in x will be unfamiliar to kids. Showing visual cues and images will help your child understand what these words mean and help them learn the words. For example, help your child understand the word Lynx using an image of the animal.
- Spelling Games: Spelling and learning how to write new words helps children retain the words in their memory. Additionally, this helps build better reading and writing and communication skills in the child. Make learning how to spell an engaging and fun activity using spelling games for kids.
- Letter X Worksheets: Before they learn words that end with the letter X, kids need to know how to write and recognize the letter. Alphabet coloring pages and ABC tracing worksheets are great tools to help preschoolers and kindergartners learn to write the letter X.
Check Osmo for more activities, games and worksheets to aid in your kids learning – four letter words that start with A, four letter words that start with E, four letter words that start with X and 3 letter words ending in Y.