Fathers play a very important role in the life of their children. They do so much for us and ask for nothing in return. So, this Father’s Day let’s honor and celebrate these superheroes in our lives by gifting them something homemade. So, we’ve put together a list of some wonderful father’s day crafts for kids that’ll put a smile on his face. These Father’s day crafts ideas for kids will help kids create something innovative to make their dad’s day special. Read on to find some amazing Father’s Day craft ideas to make the best gift for your dad.
Easy Father’s Day Craft Activities for Kids
Here are a few ideas for father’s day crafts for kids to make for their dads on Father’s Day. These Father’s Day crafts for kids are easy and cheap. All they need are some inexpensive crafting supplies, a bit of imagination and lots of love. But rest assured, your dad will be pleased as punch with these handmade gifts.
List of Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
Decorative Letters: Wish your dad a Happy Father’s Day and surprise him with a sign using decorative letters. Your dad will enjoy DIY Father’s day crafts for kids like these. Spell your dad’s name using these decorative letters and decorate a room with lights and gifts for your dad.
- A finger-painted card for dad: Thinking about what to get your dad for Father’s Day? Dad’s are easy to please, even a handmade Father’s Day card will be loved and cherished by your dad. A finger painted Father’s Day card is one of the easiest Father’s Day crafts for kids, even preschoolers can do it. In fact, you’ll make dad proud of your artistic ability. All you need are card stock paper, child-safe paints and marker pens. Paint the card stock paper with fingerprint butterflies or fingerprint hearts and allow them to dry. You can also paint the word “DAD” in large block letters. Then write a lovely poem for dad and give it to dad on Father’s day. Check out these poems for kids.
- Personalized pen stand: This is one of the best father’s day crafts for kids and the end result is adorably cute. Make dad a super cute pen stand to organize all his pens and pencils. And anyone can do this, all you need are some basic drawing skills. You’ll need a glass tumbler, markers, glass paint, black glass paint outline, paintbrushes and a small heart template. Place the heart template on the glass and draw an outline using the black glass paint outline. Then draw and paint as you wish and write a message for your dad on the pen stand. Allow it to dry before giving it to dad on Father’s Day. Check out drawing and painting for kids to help your child draw better.
- Hand-painted rock paperweights: This is one of the most cute Father’s Day crafts for kids, which your dad will proudly display on his desk. All it needs is a little bit of foraging and painting skills and you have the perfect Father’s Day gift. Let’s help dad keep the desk tidy with these cute hand painted rock paperweights. Find some smooth, round stones, paints and paintbrushes. Wash the stones and allow them to dry before painting them. You can even embellish them with letters or add a personalized message for dad and your gift for dad is ready.
- Handmade cut-out photo frame: This is one of the most wonderful DIY father’s day crafts for kids. Your dad will proudly display a handmade cut-out photo frame with pictures of you and your dad on his desk. You’ll need card stock paper and craft paper, pencil, scissors, craft knife and tape.
Write the word “DAD” in large block letters on the craft paper and cut the letters using a craft knife. Cut out a square shaped hole in the card stock paper and stick the pictures behind the frame using tape.
- Chocolate dipped pretzels: Are you still confused about what to give your dad on Father’s Day? How about giving your superhero some homemade edible treats? Here is a great idea for Father’s Day crafts for kids to make and give to dad. Everyone from little kids to adults loves chocolate. A jar of homemade chocolate-dipped pretzels is a perfect gift for dad for Father’s Day. Let’s show dad our Masterchef skills with this great gift. You’ll need a baking tray, Silicone mat or parchment paper, Semi-sweet chocolate chips, White chocolate chips, 2 medium-sized glass bowls, a bag of mini pretzels, divided, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, Rainbow sprinkles, Glass jar and Colorful ribbons and tags.
Line your baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl. Heat it in 30-second intervals in the microwave until the chocolate is melted. Stir in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Repeat with the white chocolate chips. Place both the bowls on a flat surface lined with old newspapers.
Use a fork and dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate. Place the coated pretzels on the lined baking tray. Decorate with rainbow sprinkles and refrigerate until the chocolate is firm.
Pack the pretzels into glass jars and decorate them with colorful ribbons and tags and gift it to your dad.
- Paper Cup Trophy: Your dad will definitely feel great receiving the best dad trophy. So this Father’s Day make a paper cup trophy for kids. You’ll need paper cups, craft paper, coloring pens and marker. Use the paper to make a trophy, place the paper cup on top. Decorate it using watercolors or paints and write “Best Dad in the World” on the paper trophy.
- Hand-painted bookmark: What can be a more beautiful gift for Father’s day other than a hand-painted bookmark? Create a hand-painted bookmark for your dad with card stock paper, crayons and paint. Write a sweet message for your dad on it before you give it to him. Check out these art activities for kids to improve your child’s artistic skills.
- Bow ties: If your dad loves bow ties, then this is one of the best Father’s Day crafts for kids to make for their dads. Make your dad a wonderful bow tie using cloth with cute prints. You can also hand-paint a cloth with cute pictures and make a bow tie for your superhero. To make it more fun, you can also fill it with some candy so that your dad get’s wonderful surprise when he opens the gift.
- Paper roll dads: This is one of the most fun Father’s Day crafts for kids. And your dad will definitely enjoy receiving this fun gift. You’ll need 2-4 paper towel rolls, googly eyes, markers and paints. Take the empty paper towel roll and transform it into a mini version of your dad by painting a tie and adding googly eyes. Then add a mop of hair using some yarn or pom poms on top of the paper roll. Paint a tie and your dad’s sweet smile and you’re done. Your dad will be overjoyed to receive this gift on Father’s Day.
- Best Dad suncatcher: A suncatcher, which spreads colorful rays of the sun is one of the best gifts for your dad. You’ll need 2 sheets of contact paper, a large heart template, scissors and blue, black and green tissue paper. Using the heart template, draw a heart on the contact paper. Cut it out using the scissors. Then cut out the words “Best dad” in block letters on the black colored tissue paper. Cut the blue and green tissue paper into small 1 inch squares. Peel off the paper from behind one sheet of contact paper and stick the tissue paper squares on it. Now glue the “best Dad” cutout on top and stick the other heart-shaped contact paper on it. Add a string to hang it near the window and your gift for dad is ready!
- Best Dad Fridge Magnets: A salt dough fridge magnet is one of the best gifts you can give your dad on Father’s Day. Make a salt dough using 1/4 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup water. Combine the ingredients until you have a smooth dough. Roll it out and cut out the words, “ Best Dad” using cookie cutters. Bake the shaped dough on a cookie sheet for 2 – 2 1/2 hours at 250 0 F and allow them to cool. Finally paint the shaped dough and attach magnets at the back using craft glue. Decorate the magnets before you gift them to your dad. Your dad will definitely love and cherish this wonderful gift forever!
For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Father’s Day Crafts For Kids
What are some of the Father’s Day Crafts For Kids?
Some of the Father’s Day Crafts For Kids are finger painted cards for dad, personalized pen stand, painted paperweights, handmade cut out photo frame, chocolate dipped pretzels, paper cup, painting for father’s day, etc.
How are Father’s Day Crafts For Kids beneficial?
The Father’s Day Crafts For Kids teach them all about the good values that they have to follow in their entire lives. Also, these crafts help children to develop gross and fine motor skills as well as creativity.