Exercise Chart for Kids
Young children especially need a lot of physical exercises to strengthen their mind and body. Exercise is the best way to lay the foundation for a healthy lifestyle. To encourage children to do exercise on a daily basis, you can download an exercise chart for kids. These charts for kids help you in tracking their physical activities systematically. Children doing exercises, physical activities and sports, develop concentration, sportsmanship and confidence. Most importantly, it helps them stay healthy and fit for a long run.
In this article, explore exercise chart for kids
- Free Printable Exercise Chart for Kids
- Tips for Using Exercise Chart for Kids
- Benefits of Exercise Chart for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions on Exercise Chart for Kids
Children are more likely to do exercise as long as it is fun and entertaining for them. Monotonous activities might distract children from doing exercise. In such cases, you need to include different exercises that develop interests in children. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to track whether your child has done enough physical activity during the day or not. In such cases, an exercise chart for kids will be a great tool to track their physical activity on a regular basis. You can even keep rewards for children after completing the desired activity. Also, you can include yoga, warm-up exercise and other outdoor activities on the chart.
Free Printable Exercise Chart for Kids
Regular exercise boosts your child’s immunity and protects them from harmful diseases. Therefore, you can make exercise fun for children so that they enjoy working out. You can include interesting exercises on a daily basis and keep track of their progress on the chart. Using an exercise chart for kids, you can encourage them to do exercise in exchange for rewards. Here are a few printable exercise charts for kids given below:
Exercise Chart for Kids: Check warm-up exercises for children from the given chart
Exercise Chart for Kids: Check kids yoga from the given chart
Exercise Chart for Kids: Give points after completing the exercise on a daily basis
Tips for Using Exercise Chart for Kids
A few tips for using an exercise chart for kids are mentioned below:
- Encourage children to do exercise on a daily basis: You need to encourage children to do exercise for their growth and development. It is necessary to make them understand how important exercise is for their healthy mind and body.
- Incorporate kid-friendly exercises: There are substantial lists of exercises that can be included in the exercise chart for kids. But, you need to keep in mind that all the exercises may not be appropriate for children as per their age and stamina. In such cases, you need to incorporate exercises that are suitable for young children. Most importantly, include exercises that are easy for children to do.
- Set timelines for the exercise: Practicing a healthy lifestyle religiously is very important. This habit has to be inculcated in the growing years of their life. To follow the routine in a systematic way, you need to set timelines for doing exercise. You can set their alarm for exercise in the morning or evening. But, make sure that they complete their exercise within the given time. Depending on their willingness to do exercise, you can keep 15 to 30 mins of time for the exercise on a daily basis.
- Keep track of their exercise: You can keep track of your child’s exercise on the chart. Once they complete doing the exercise, you can give points on a daily basis.
- Offer rewards: To encourage your children to do exercise, you can keep a reward system for their performance. Once your child completes the exercise assigned on the chart, give them rewards for their effort. You can give exciting gifts after they have completed the exercise for the whole week. This gesture motivates them to work harder and complete the exercise within the given time.
Benefits of Exercise Chart for Kids
Some of the benefits of an exercise chart for kids are mentioned below:
- Maintains body weight: Doing exercise on a daily basis helps children to stay fit. They do not put on too much weight nor become too lean by doing exercise. With the help of an exercise chart for kids, they are able to maintain their weight as per their BMI (Body Mass Index).
- Protects children from health problems: Exercise reduces the risk of contracting diseases in children. It strengthens bones, muscles, heart, lungs, etc., in the body. It protects children from infections and chronic disorders.
- Tracks their physical activities: Using an exercise chart, you can easily track their activities and give points after they complete their exercise.
- Enhances emotional well-being: Once your child does exercise, they feel calm and relaxed all the time. It enhances their emotional well-being for a peaceful life.
- Increases energy level in children: It helps children in increasing their energy levels. They are less likely to remain inactive throughout the day. They are able to concentrate on their daily activities more effectively.
For more related articles, explore essays for kids, poems for kids, worksheets for kids and science worksheets at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Exercise Chart for Kids
What is an exercise chart for kids?
An exercise chart for kids is an amazing tool to keep track of your child’s exercise activities on a daily basis. These charts help in assigning exercises for children.
What are the benefits of an exercise chart for kids?
The benefits of an exercise chart for kids is that it helps children to maintain their weight and protect themselves from harmful diseases. Most importantly, it enables children to strengthen their mind and body for a healthy life.