Choosing the perfect educational toys for kids can be a bit challenging. Every child has different interests and you’d want to ensure that the toys they play with encourage these interests and impact your child in a positive way. Therefore, you can explore the best educational toys for kids available in the market or online. If you want to expand their creativity and other important skills required for academic excellence, then choose the right educational toys for kids. Besides this, With the help of these educational toys, you can conduct activities for kids at home to enhance their learning experience.
The main objective of buying educational toys for kids is to create an interest to learn and become proficient in the subject that they are interested in. Moreover, you can develop critical thinking and problem solving skills along with nurturing their creativity and imaginative skills. Kids learning toys are one of the great sources of educational tools to develop their fine and gross motor skills. You may want to check the following links for Educational Toys for Kids given below:
Learning Through Play
Develop core learning skills with Osmo — from math, to reading, to creativity!
List Of Top Educational Toys For Kids By Age
- Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds
- Educational Toys for 3-Year-olds
- Educational Toys for 4-Year-Olds
- Educational Toys For 5-Year-Olds
- Kids Learning Toys
- Coding Toys for Kids
- STEM Toys for Toddlers
- Christmas Toys for Kids
- Educational Gifts for Kids
Fun Educational Toys For Kids
Here are some of the best top educational toys for kids mentioned below:
- Wooden Blocks: Kids enjoy playing with blocks right from the age of 2-3. This is the time where you can introduce alphabets and numbers to the kids. Buying educational toys for kids will be the best option for them to learn while playing. Therefore, exploring wooden blocks which come with alphabets and numbers are the best toys for kids at the beginning of their learning process. With the help of these blocks, you can teach them the order of alphabets and numbers in a systematic way.
- Jigsaw Puzzles: Aren’t kids inquisitive about knowing things? Why not expand their curiosity in learning new things? Puzzles for the kids are the best way to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. Kids can solve puzzles of images and words in order to enhance their learning experience.
- Clay kit: Creativity is inbuilt among kids from an early age. They try to make something using any materials or things that they find around them. In such situations, buying a clay kit will be a fun educational toy for kids. They can make something out of clay such as alphabets, words, animals, plants or any image that they like to illustrate.
- Abacus: Learning numbers is most important for kids to develop mathematical skills. Along with that they should be able to calculate simple math problems for better academic success. In this regard, abacus will be the best educational toy for kids where they can learn new tricks to calculate mathematical operations in a fun way.
- Musical Instruments: This is something that every kid wants to have in their playroom. Musical instruments are the best educational toy for kids which enables them to engage and play music in order to develop their cognitive skills. You can buy them drums, guitar or keyboards.
- Wooden Shapes: Apart from learning numbers, you can teach different shapes to kids with the help of wooden shapes. You get different shapes and colors that attract kids to learn two dimensional and three dimensional shapes. It includes, circle, triangle, square, cuboid, cube, rectangle, etc.
- Coloring Kit: Kids like to actively participate in coloring activities. In such situations, you can buy coloring kits and books for them where they recognize different colors. While coloring, there is development of eye to hand coordination, creativity and imaginative skills.
How To Choose The Best Educational Toys For Kids?
Here are some useful tips that could help you choose the best educational toys for kids:
- Interests & Abilities: Does your child like building things? Does your child like music? There are different educational toys for kids that can tap into your child’s potential in the best way possible. For example, if your child is into block play, buying a Lego set would be a great idea. This is one of the educational toys for 2-year-olds. Playing with Legos teaches your kids about the basics of engineering while also developing their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. If they’re into music, they could retain important information better if it’s in the form of a song. If you’re looking for musical, fun educational toys for kids, check out Osmo’s Coding Jam. In this interactive game, kids learn to code (using tangible coding blocks!) as they compose their own music.
- Open-Ended Play: When you’re looking for educational toys for kids, make sure that they encourage open-ended play. Because this ensures that kids express their creativity freely, without any boundaries. Some examples of open-ended educational toys for kids include balls, dolls, and arts and crafts. While playing with balls, little kids are honing their gripping, throwing, and catching skills. On the other hand, when kids are playing with dolls, they are engaging themselves in pretend-play! These dolls could play a role in several scenarios that kids create. The doll could be a patient at the doctor’s, a classmate, a friend, and so much more. Lastly, when kids play with art & craft materials, it instills in them a sense of creativity and imagination. Check out Osmo’s drawing games for kids – Masterpiece, Monster, and Super Studio series.
- Social Skills & Collaborative Play: Choosing the best educational toys for kids involves ensuring that those toys develop social skills. When kids engage in collaborative play and learn to socialize with one another, it develops in them a sense of empathy and understanding. Additionally, it also improves their language skills which can pave the way for academic success. Puzzles are a great example of educational toys for 3-year-olds that develop social skills. When a group of kids works together to solve a puzzle, they learn to take turns and be supportive of one another too.
- Math Toys: Try picking out math educational toys for kids from a young age so your child has a broad understanding of important math concepts early on. Board games for kids are a great way to get your child interested in math. Because, as they roll the dice, they need to count and move an item across the board. You could even practice some math with Legos. Ask your child to count each block as they build whatever they want. Osmo games like the Math Wizard series, Pizza Co.,Math Buzz, and Numbers, are great educational games that help your child practice math skills through play.
Benefits Of Educational Toys For Kids
Some of the benefits of best educational toys for kids are mentioned below:
- Enhances better learning experience for children.
- Develops fine and gross motor skills.
- Develops critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Improves social and interpersonal skills.
- Improves concentration and focus in learning activities.
- Teaches children how to resolve problems and come up with solutions.
- Builds confidence, balance and strength.
- Develops creativity and imagination.
- Develops cognitive and emotional skills.
- Enables engagement and entertainment for children.
Frequently Asked Questions on Educational Toys for Kids
What Are Educational Toys For Kids?
Educational toys for kids are also called instructive toys for kids. They are the play items that are designed for kids and help them in learning. They also foster play based and cognitive learning methods. Educational toys for kids can be introduced to them by the age of 2.
Why are educational toys for kids important?
Educational toys for kids help them improve their problem solving abilities, how to deal with a conflict, decision making skills as well as cause and effects. Moreover, they also teach kids a few key skills of life, such as sharing and fine motor skills by developing their imagination skills.
What Are The Uses Of Educational Toys For Kids?
Educational toys for kids are certainly beneficial for them. They help them in learning the letters, numbers and many other important skills that are required for their upcoming academic years. Also, these educational toys for kids improve their mental and physical skills. And, they motivate children to think creatively and develop their cognitive traits.