Toys are a source of great enjoyment for children. And while they’re great for playing, they’re also one of the best tools to help your child learn important skills. Toddlers are very curious and love exploring their surroundings. It’s the perfect age to teach them new skills like fine motor skills, spatial reasoning, color and shape recognition, alphabets, numbers etc. So, the next time you’re buying toys, don’t just get the most popular toy, get educational toys for kids. These educational toys for 2 year olds will help them learn while they play.
Looking to shop for the best educational toys for 2-year-olds? Your search ends with us! We’ve put together a list of some of the best educational toys your 2 year old will love playing and learning with.
Best Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds
Here is a list of some amazing educational toys for 2 year olds. These toys will help boost the child’s physical, mental and cognitive development. Additionally, it’ll also help the child learn the letters of the alphabet, numbers, words and social skills like communication.
List of Educational Toys for 2 Year Old Kids
- Blocks: Blocks are one of the most popular educational toys for 2 year olds and they’re very versatile too. The colorful blocks offer the perfect opportunity for your toddler to discover, create and build new things. These blocks are a great tool to improve the child’s fine motor skills like hand-eye coordination, finger dexterity, grip etc. They also help improve the child’s color and shape recognition skills. Blocks with the letters of the alphabet and numbers are one of the best early literacy tools for toddlers. Check out these alphabet games for kids to introduce your toddler to the alphabet in a fun way.
- Magnetic Tiles: Magnetic tiles are another wonderful toy that is both fun and educational. These are wonderful tools that boost your child’s fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, shape and color recognition skills. And it also improves their imagination and creativity as kids learn to join the tiles to form new shapes. Check out these shape games for kids to introduce your toddler to the world of shapes and geometry.
- Dolls and Plush Toys: You might think dolls and plush toys don’t have much educational value for your toddler. But they’re a great way to impart good manners and enhance the child’s fine motor skills, social skills and communication skills. They also encourage pretend play, which enhances the child’s imagination and creativity. So, dolls and plush toys play a very crucial role in your toddler’s early growth and development.
- Little Genius Sticks & Rings (ABCs & Squiggle Magic): Osmo’s Little Genius Sticks & Rings (ABCs & Squiggle Magic) is one of the best educational toys for 2 year olds. This wonderful game introduces children to the letters of the alphabet, numbers and some simple words. Kids can also create shapes of their own using the squiggly, silicone sticks and rings. Along with teaching them the alphabet and numbers, this game also improves their fine motor skills and creativity. Check out these fun number games for kids that are the perfect way to introduce your toddler to numbers.
- Sorting and Stacking Toys: Sorting and stacking toys are a wonderful way to teach children to sort according to shape, size and color. These toys also improve the child’s fine motor skills like hand-eye coordination, finger dexterity, grasp etc. Kids also learn to think creatively and solve problems when they stack the toys on top of each other. It’s also a great way to improve their shape and color recognition skills.
- Puzzles for Toddlers: Puzzles are an age-old toy that every parent buys for their children. They’re also a great tool to enhance the child’s visual spatial skills, fine motor skills, observational skills etc. They also improve their focus, strategic thinking and problem solving skills. Check out these fun puzzles for toddlers that aid in their growth and development.
- Counting Bears: It’s never too early to introduce your little one to basic math concepts. At 2 years of age, your child’s brain is developing at a very fast pace. This is the perfect time to introduce them to basic math concepts like counting and sorting and set a strong foundation for future math learning. Counting and sorting bears are the perfect educational toy for 2 year olds to learn how to count and sort bears according to their color. Check out these counting activities for preschoolers and toddlers to make learning how to count more fun and engaging.
- Wagon: A pull-along toy like a wagon is a wonderful educational tool for little children. 2 years is when your toddler’s muscles are still developing. Pull-along toys like these are a great way to boost the strength in their muscles and help them learn to walk. Along with their gross motor skills, this toy also improves the child’s fine motor skills too.
- Mini Kitchen Set: If your little one loves watching you cook, a mini kitchen set would be the perfect gift for them. This set is not only fun, but it also enhances the child’s fine motor skills. Additionally, you can also use this toy to teach social skills like communication, responsibility, teamwork etc. A mini kitchen set also encourages pretend play, which enhances the child’s imagination and creativity.
- Genius Numbers: Want to introduce your toddler to numbers and basic math operations? Then, Osmo’s Genius Numbers is one of the best educational gifts for kids. This digital-physical game introduces children to numbers and basic math operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication etc. Check out these fun math games for kids to improve their math skills.
- Crawl Tunnel: A crawl tunnel is one of the most enjoyable educational toys for 2 year olds. Your curious little tot will have a whale of a time crawling and exploring from one end of the tunnel to the other. In addition to being fun, this wonderful toy is a great way for your toddler to exercise and improve their gross motor skills.
- Doctor Play Set: Does your child love visits to the doctor and mimic them at home? Then a doctor play set is one of the best toys for your child. This wonderful toy is a great way to teach your child fine motor skills and social skills. Additionally, it’s a great way to boost your child’s imagination and creativity.
- Marble Racing Kit: A marble run playset is one of the best educational toys for 2 year olds. This is a great tool to introduce children to concepts of fast, slow, forward and backward. You can also place obstacles in the marble’s path to teach your child about problem solving. This is one toy that has several educational benefits and is still great fun for the little ones.
- Playdough: Playdough is one of the best educational toys that encourage sensory play. It teaches kids about colors, shapes and enhances their fine motor skills. You can also use playdough to teach children how to form the letters of the alphabet, numbers etc.
- Monster: Is your little one an artist who’s always scribbling all over the walls with a pen? Then, spare your walls and give them Osmo’s Monster. This wonderful digital-physical game allows kids to doodle on a mat and brings their drawings to life on screen. Check out these fun drawing games for kids to improve their creativity and artistic skills.
For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds
What are the Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds?
Some of the Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds are toy vehicles such as, toy cars, toy bikes, kitchen set, colorful clay set, doctor set, coloring books with color pencils, etc.
What are the Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds from Osmo?
Some of the Osmo’s Educational Toys for 2-Year-Olds are ABCs, counting games, Newton, masterpiece, monster, shape builder, etc. These Osmo toys help children to learn while having fun by improving their cognitive skills.