Teaching preschoolers can be a painstaking task for many parents. Most preschoolers at the age of 3 to 5 lack focus when it comes to learning. Many parents would agree that they are constantly nagging if asked to study or memorize words or numbers. If preschoolers are taught in a fun manner, they enjoy the learning experience and learn better. This is what educational games for preschoolers do exactly.
Educational games for preschoolers are an essential part of the learning process. Learning through preschool learning games & fun games for kids provides them an opportunity to develop life skills that would be useful lifelong.
The games keep kids engaged and provide them with the knowledge they need. There are many educational games that parents can introduce to their kids. These games can be played by kids on various occasions and holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.
Educational games for preschool children
Alphabet games for preschool children:
Learning alphabets is fundamental to any language. Teaching kids the alphabet can be daunting. Also, your children might find it difficult to memorize all alphabets at once. Playing with flashcards is really a fun game for preschoolers to learn all alphabets.
- You can read out a letter and ask the preschoolers to find the same from the set of flashcards.
- Another game would ask you to create two sets of flashcards, one with 26 alphabets and another with objects that start with a particular alphabet. Kids have to pick any alphabet from the first set and find the object that starts with the respective alphabet.
Related Read: Letter Matching Game
Halloween and Christmas games for preschoolers:
Halloween and Christmas-themed crossword puzzles are a great way to entertain children as well as make them learn new words. Parents can design their own crossword for Halloween games for preschoolers and include words that match the theme. To know more, you can visit – Halloween Crossword Puzzles For Kids
Counting games for preschoolers:
Numbers are the building blocks of maths. The best way to teach preschoolers how to count is through counting objects. Even after your kids have the knowledge of numbers, counting objects can be challenging for them. You can give similar objects and ask preschoolers to count them. Counting games for preschoolers encourage children to play with numbers and identify the number of any particular object.
Related Read: Counting Activities For Kids
Indoor Games for preschoolers:
There are plenty of indoor games and activities available online for kids.
- One such cool activity is Freeze Dance in which children have to freeze when the music stops. They must be encouraged to make funny poses or faces.
- The scavenger hunt is another famous indoor game in which kids can enjoy the treasure hunt set around the house. You can choose any theme such as pattern, colors, or letters and make kids search for the clues.
Rhyming games for preschoolers:
Using rhyming games is a great way to teach rhyming words. Rhyming activities must focus on how words sound since rhyming is a phonemic awareness skill. Some of the popular rhyming games for preschoolers include:
- Rhyming Bingo: It can be bought online or from local stores. You can also design bingo games that would better suit the needs of preschoolers playing.
- Rhyming Memory: For this game, you need picture cards that can be purchased online or designed at home. The cards must be kept upside down for this game. The preschoolers need to turn over two cards and read the word aloud and determine if the two words rhyme.
Number games for preschoolers
Maths is one subject that is not the favorite of many kids. However, with so many number games available on Playosmo, learning numbers will be a piece of cake for preschoolers. There are a plethora of number games for kids available on the website.
Shape games for preschoolers
Everything we see around us has different shapes and sizes. Understanding shapes is really important in our life. This is why shape games for preschoolers are designed to help them recognize shapes.
- Making different shapes: Kids can use different items like clay, straw, craft sticks, etc. to create different shapes like rectangles, squares, etc.
- Osmo’s Tangram: This is one of the popular shape games for kids available on Playosmo in which kids have to create different shapes based on what is seen on the screen.
Kids love to play and there is no better way to teach kids than teaching them through games. Avail the best games for preschoolers on Playosmo. These games play a major role in shaping the way kids learn. It will look at the overall holistic development of preschoolers.