Easy Way To Spell Words To Enhance Vocabulary Skills
Learning how to spell can be a daunting task in the initial years of kids learning. Kids need to know the spellings of certain words to become proficient in reading and writing. It is understandable that kids get confused when trying to spell many words due to their irregular phonics. For example, go sounds like ‘o’ but to sounds like ‘oo’. However, you can incorporate easy spelling words in their curriculum to teach vocabulary for kids. For that, you have to find easy ways to spell words so that kids can use them appropriately while communicating with others.
There has to be creative approaches to teach easy spelling words for kids. The spelling bee words are easy for kids to memorize and understand. Learning to spell words correctly is a skill that can be acquired gradually. Therefore, you can conduct spelling activities for kids to learn easy words to improve their language and vocabulary skills.
Important Easy Spelling Words For Kids
We cannot expect kids to learn hard spelling words at the beginning of their learning period. From an early age, kids start picking up words around them. Let me remind you that kids pick only easy words that they are able to pronounce and understand. Then, eventually they will explore words depending on their level of understanding. Teaching words to kids is extremely important for their educational and cognitive development. However, you can check vocabulary words for kids listed below:
List of Spelling Bee Words Easy For Kids To Understand
Interesting Tips For Learning Easy Way To Spell Words
Your kid might find it hard to remember easy spelling words. Well, there is no need to worry. You need to be patient in the kid’s journey of learning spelling words. Apart from learning easy words, kids will also improve their vocabulary on number spelling. The easy ways to spell words are given below:
List Of Tips And Tricks To Learn Easy Spelling Words
- Use Mnemonics: Remembering spelling rules can be a painstaking task for kids. Mnemonics is a learning technique that helps in information retention. In mnemonics devices, the information is turned into a picture, sentence, or rhyme which makes it easier to remember.
- Learning rules: The easy way to spell a word is to know the spelling rules. Start with basic rules and build your spelling skills gradually. As you learn new words, you can proceed with more rules. Kids must note that there are some exceptions to some rules which kids need to remember. If you find it difficult to spell certain words, you can try finding out if the spelling follows any rule.
- Identify commonly misspelled words: There are certain words that have a high chance of getting misspelled. Some of the examples are across, believe, weird, foreign, etc. Sometimes, these words create a lot of confusion while spelling them. You need to identify such words and teach appropriately to the kids.
- List out the words you find difficult to spell: If you come across a word whose spelling is difficult to remember, you can list out such words and practice again and again. Use different methodology to teach such words so that kids will remember the spellings.
- Divide the words into smaller parts: Sometimes, words are difficult to spell simply because they are long. In such a case, dividing the words into chunks would be a great idea to remember the spelling. For example, ‘Happiness’ can be divided into ‘Hap’, ‘pi’ and ‘ness’.
- Practice the pronunciation of the word: Sounding a word out is a trick to understand its spelling. If you are not sure of the spelling of a word, say it out loud and slowly. Remember, this won’t work every time. There are many words that are read and spelled out differently.
- Practice dictation: Dictation is one of the best ways to learn to spell. Parents and teachers must take dictation tests for kids to assess their spelling skills. Also, one can play word games. This way, they will enjoy learning new spellings every day.
Activities To Learn Easy Spelling Words
Have you noticed your child completely dedicating themselves to activities? It is because they find it extremely engaging and entertaining. Teaching something through activities can be beneficial in increasing their concentration and understanding of the concepts. These literacy games for kids will help them in learning spellings of easy words in a creative and fun way.
List Of Activities For Easy Way To Spell Words
- Worksheets: Encourage children to practice spellings on a regular basis. There are worksheets for kids available online. Practicing words on worksheets will enable kids to learn spellings while writing.
- Osmo’s Words: Here, kids can practice words by themselves. There are two sets of alphabets one in red and other in blue. Kids can identify words appearing on the screen and score points for the correct spellings. Initially, they will start playing easy spelling words and gradually the words will get tougher.
- Puzzles: Cracking puzzles will give a sense of accomplishment among children. These puzzles for kids will encourage them to learn spellings while hunting the correct words. Kids will read out spellings loudly to make sure that they learn and mark them vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Benefits Of Learning Easy Spelling Words
Writing is a significant part of our life. Learning to spell is important to write correctly and fluently. Kids must be taught new spellings every day to guide them in learning English. Also, while teaching English words, one needs to choose which country’s spelling they want to use because some spellings can be different. For example, in American English, it is neighbor and in British English, it is neighbour. If your kids follow the above guidelines on how to spell, they will become masters in English spellings. They can also participate in spelling bee words easy for kids to practice and show off their spelling skills. Some of benefits of learning easy spelling words are mentioned below:
- Builds connections between letters and sounds.
- Enables kids to interpret information effectively.
- Develops vocabulary and language skills.
- Understand the meaning of words easily.
- Retains words in their memory for longer periods of time.
Frequently Asked Questions on Easy Spelling Words
What are some of the important easy spelling words for kids?
Some of the important easy spelling words for kids are tree, bee, doll, toy, chair, mother, father, piece, peace, camel, horse, family, friend, pony, jump, forest, deer, clouds, earth, moon, sun, jelly, bees, monkey, bull, etc.
What are some of the activities that help kids learn easy spelling words?
Some of the activities that help kids in learning easy spelling words are word building activities, worksheets, crossword puzzles, word puzzles, reading activities, dictation activities, etc.
What are the benefits of easy spelling words?
The benefits of easy spelling words are that kids will learn the association between the alphabet and sounds which also helps them understand the meaning of words easily. Moreover, these easy spelling words will develop their communication skills and vocabulary.