Easter is celebrated across the world with great joy and excitement. How are you planning to keep children busy during the festive season? Apart from spending quality time with your loved ones during Easter celebrations, you can make kids do something creative. Well, we are here to help you provide ideas on Easter crafts for kids. Must say! This is one of the most incredible holiday activities for kids to keep themselves engaged all the time. There are numerous activities that you can plan for kids, but crafts can quickly attract children’s attention.
- Fun Easter Crafts for Kids
- Benefits of Easter Crafts for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions on Easter Crafts for Kids
Kids enjoy creative things that enable them to express their ideas and bring something beautiful out of them. It keeps children entertained while you are busy with Easter festivities. You can provide Easter-themed crafts ideas for kids to make decorative items for their house. Provide necessary materials to make Easter crafts for kids. This activity enables children to contribute and assist their parents in decorating their house for Easter celebrations. With the children busy making crafts items for the festival, you can carry on with your other activities to ensure that celebrations are in full swing.
Fun Easter Crafts for Kids
Kids must continue their learning even during the holidays. You can provide a list of Easter crafts for kids to help them make items with the materials available at home or in the surroundings. These craft activities are not only engaging but also improve their knowledge in various fields. Besides this, they tend to expand their creative skills by implementing new ideas. You need to make sure the craft items that kids make should use materials that are easily found at home, such as popsicle sticks, straws, color papers, crayons, etc. Let us dive into the list of best Easter crafts for kids given below.
List of Easter Crafts for Kids
- Colored eggs: This is one of the fun Easter crafts for kids. All you need to do is take three to four eggs and color them using watercolor paints in this activity. Kids can make creative designs on the eggs and allow them to dry for some time. Once the eggs are dried, they can use them for their activities.
- Easter bunny hats: Here, take a chart paper and cut it into the shape of a square. Then, fold the chart paper in such a way that it appears like a cone and seal the opening with glue. Then, keep the cone on the floor with the pointed side facing upwards. And draw eyes, nose and mouth on the front side of the cone. Then, paste two straws on either side of the nose to give the appearance of whiskers. Finally, cut two elongated-shaped ears and paste them on the right and left sides of the cone.
- DIY Easter eggs: Here, all you need to do is take different color chart papers and draw an oval shape. Try to make eggs in different colors. Then, cut the oval-shaped piece carefully. Now, take a few laces, glittering stones, buttons or any other decorative items that you like and paste them on the oval-shaped egg. Make it creative and exciting with each egg. You can paste these Easter eggs on the walls of your home or backyard for decoration.
- Popsicle sticks Easter bunny: Here, all you have to do is take a popsicle stick and a small piece of paper. Cut the small amount of paper in a circular shape to make a bunny face. Then, draw eyes, nose and mouth along with whiskers. Then, take two long pieces of paper and paste them on the right and left sides of the circular-shaped paper to give an appearance of ears. Finally, paste the bunny face on a popsicle stick to complete the look.
- Easter bunny pen stand: This is an interesting craft item to make. It would be best if you had a waste cup, paper and googly eyes. All you have to do is take a waste cup and paste google eyes below the neck of the cup. Then, paste a small button as a nose below the eyes. Draw whiskers and mouth with the black marker pen below the eyes. Then, take two elongated shaped pieces of paper and paste them on the right and left sides of the cup as bunny’s ears. Now, decorate them on your study table by keeping pens and pencils inside the cup.
- Easter cards: One of the best craft activities for kids to make are cards. They like to make one for their family members to wish them on Easter Sunday. To make a card, you need to take a piece of paper and cut it in the shape of a square or a rectangle and fold it into halves. Now, draw an outline of bunnies and eggs on the front side of the paper. To add a 3D effect to the card, you can paste threads as grass and glittering stones as mountains.
- Paper plate Easter bunny: In this activity, you will need to take a paper plate and turn it over. Now, take two googly eyes and paste them on the paper plate. Then, take a small sponge ball and paste it below the eyes as their nose. Then, take six straws of equal size and paste three of them on the right side of the sponge ball and the other three on the left side. Take a marker and draw a mouth below the sponge ball. Finally, take two elongated pieces of paper and paste them behind the right and left sides of the paper plate.
- Tissue roll Easter basket: To make this, all you need is an empty tissue roll. Take the base of the tissue roll and cover it with paper. Now, take another piece of paper and cut it in the shape of a long strip. Then, paste the paper strip on either side of the tissue roll to give an appearance of a handle. Now decorate the outer area with color papers, glittering stones, googly eyes, straws, popsicle sticks, etc. Finally, kids can keep eggs inside the basket and carry them around.
- DIY egg garland: This is the best Easter egg decoration craft for kids. You can decorate them with attractive colors and decorative items. All you need to do is to take a chart paper and make DIY eggs. Then, take these DIY eggs and paste them on the thread with the help of glue. Make sure that the distance between each egg is equal. Finally, take the garland and hang them on the wall of your home or at the front door.
- DIY Easter carrots: You need orange and green colored crepe paper to make this. Take a piece of paper and cut it in the shape of a square. Then, roll the paper to give it a cone shape. Make sure that the tip of the cone is pointed. Then, you can take a few elongated shapes of green color paper and paste them on the base of the cone. Cut the green color paper to give an appearance of the leaves of the carrots. Then, draw a few small lines all around the cone. Finally, the DIY Easter carrot is ready for the celebration.
Benefits of Easter Crafts for Kids
Some of the benefits of Easter crafts for kids are mentioned below:
- It helps children to improve their creative and fine motor skills.
- It enables children to recognize shapes, patterns and colors effectively.
- It develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills in children.
- It allows children to become self-dependent and resilient in whatever task they take up.
- It increases concentration, focus and patience to do things systematically.
- It develops organizational skills in children, especially when they are working on making crafts.
- It keeps children busy and engaged during the Easter celebration.
Frequently Asked Questions on Easter Crafts for Kids
What are some of the Easter crafts for kids?
Some of the Easter crafts for kids are coloring eggs, making Easter cards, making an Easter bunny hat, an Easter card and a paper plate Easter bunny, etc., with the materials available at home.
What are the benefits of Easter crafts for kids?
The benefits of Easter crafts for kids are that it helps children expand their creativity skills by creating something new from the materials available at home. Most importantly, it keeps them engaged during the celebration and teaches them to make craft items creatively.