DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
If your children are looking for creative ways to make Valentine’s Day cards for their loved ones? Check out some of the interesting ideas on DIY Valentine’s Day cards for kids. To show what they feel and care about others, they can make Valentine’s Day cards for them. Not to forget, they can add some interesting gifts and chocolates to make it more special. They can write thoughtful messages on the cards and wish them on this special day dedicated to love. If your child wants to make their loved ones smile with beautiful thoughts, they can explore Valentine’s Day quotes for kids. These quotes will help them in writing their thoughts about the people they love effortlessly.
To enhance your kids’ creativity skills, you can encourage them to make DIY Valentine’s Day cards which can be one of the best holiday activities for kids. They would come up with creative and innovative ideas to make beautiful cards for their parents, friends, teachers and other family members. Involving your kids in crafts activities can enhance their learning experience, and at the same time, keep them busy and entertained throughout the holiday. They would understand the meaning of celebrating the day of love and appreciation for others.
Easy DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
Creating handmade Valentine’s Day cards adds happiness to this special day. You will be extremely happy in receiving DIY Valentine’s Day cards from kids, aren’t you? To appreciate your child’s effort in making a beautiful Valentine’s Day card, you should definitely think about giving Valentine’s Day gifts for kids. It makes their day a memorable one and brings a smile on their face. Here are some of the interesting DIY Valentine’s Day card ideas for kids.
List of DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
- Heart-shaped photo card: You can express what you feel for your loved ones by pasting their photo on the card. To make this, you need a chart paper and a photo of your loved ones. You can cut the photo in the shape of a heart and paste it on the card. Add glitters to make it look attractive. Write beautiful messages on the card for the people you want to give.
- Love is in the air and what better way to share a pizza of your love with family and friends than making them their very own Pizza Co.-themed Valentine’s Day card? Try this super easy way to go about it:
- Step 1: Choose an Osmo Valentine’s Day card design.
- Step 2: Once you’ve chosen a design, save the image on to your tablet or screenshot the image.
- Step 3: Open the Osmo Masterpiece app (compatible only with iPad and Fire tablets).
- Step 4: Upload one of the Osmo Valentine’s Day card designs you’ve chosen.
- Step 5: Create, create, create!
- Balloon-shaped card: You can make a beautiful card in the shape of a balloon. To make it special for the day, you can cut the paper in the shape of a balloon. Then, draw and cut the shape of a ribbon with a bow and paste it below the balloon. Color the balloon with attractive colors using crayons and write lovely quotes for your loved ones on the card.
- 3D heart-shaped card: Give your loved ones a beautiful 3D Valentine’s Day card. To make this card, you need to cut a few paper hearts. Then, fold them into halves and paste them on the card.
- Stencil heart-shaped card: This is one of the coolest DIY Valentine’s Day cards. You can take a heart-shaped stencil and place it on a chart paper. Then, take a used toothbrush, dip it in the red watercolor paint, and gently sprinkle it on the stencils. Once it is done, remove the stencil slowly. You can see red hearts on the cards. Finally, complete it with a beautiful message.
- Thread card: Every household has woolen or nylon threads. You can use these threads to make DIY Valentine’s Day cards. All you have to do is take a chart paper and draw a heart. Then, paste different types of threads on the chart in such a way that it fills the heart with the thread and looks visually appealing.
- Thumbprint heart-shaped card: Children love coloring, and why not use their creativity to make interesting Valentine’s Day cards. To make this, you need a chart paper and colors. Draw a heart on the paper and use thumb impressions to color the heart using red color paint. The final product looks extremely beautiful and visually appealing.
- Funny Valentine’s Day cards: Through this card, you can show how much you love and care for people in a funny way. To make this beautiful card, you need a chart paper and a pen. Write funny quotes and messages for your loved ones that bring a smile on their face once they read them.
- Candle card: This is a unique DIY Valentine’s Day card for kids. To make this, all you need is a chart paper, three to four birthday candles and paper hearts. Take a chart paper and cut it in the shape of a square. Then, paste all the candles vertically on the card. To make flames for the candles, you can paste small paper hearts above the candles.
- Necklace card: You might want to give your special person a necklace that they have desired for a long time. You can explore Valentine’s Day crafts for kids ideas to make a necklace with beads. Then, take a piece of paper and cut it in a desired shape. Then, fix the necklace on the card and write the message for your special person.
- Xs and Os card: This is a cool Valentine’s Day card for kids. To make this, you can take a chart paper and cut it in the shape of a rectangle or a square. Then, take red and golden-colored crepe papers. You can cut red color paper in the shape of X and golden in the shape of O. Then, paste them on the front side of the card and write the quotes on the next page.
- Heart-shaped tulip card: Tulips are one of the favorite flowers of most people. You can make a beautiful card on the theme tulip. To make this, take a red color chart paper and cut it in the shape of a heart. Then, take a white color chart paper and cut it in the shape of a heart which is slightly smaller than red color paper. Then, fold the red and white color heart-shaped paper into halves. And, paste the white color paper above the red colored heart-shaped paper in such a way that its middle lines align with each other. Take a red and pink color paper and cut it in the shape of a tulip flower. Fold them into halves and paste on the white color chart paper followed by green color paper for the leaves and stem.
- Flower bouquet card: To make this card, you need different types of color papers. You need to cut it in the shape of different flowers such as roses, tulips, orchids, etc. Then, take a chart paper and cut it in the shape of a square. Paste the flowers on the chart paper followed by green color stems. Make a small bow with a ribbon and paste it on the stems of a flower bouquet. This is such an adorable flower card for your Valentine.
- Chocolate wrapper card: Chocolates and candies are what is expected on Valentine’s Day, isn’it? You can make a card that gives a glimpse of chocolates as well. To make this, you need to collect wrappers of chocolates and candies. Then, take a chart paper and draw a heart on the front side of the paper. Paste chocolates and candies wrappers in a systematic manner so that it does not look clumsy on the card.
- Candy jar card: To make a DIY Valentine’s Day card, you can take a sheet of paper and draw a jar on the front side of the paper. Then, take different kinds of color paper and cut it in the shape of a heart in a smaller size. Try to make around 10 to 15 heart-shaped candies with the paper. Then, paste these heart-shaped pieces of paper one by one into the jar. Make sure that all the tiny DIY heart-shaped candies are visible inside the jar.
- Button card: To make this card, you need buttons of different shapes and sizes. Make sure that these buttons are red in color. You can draw a heart on the paper and outline them using a black marker. Then, paste these buttons inside the heart in such a way that it looks attractive.
Benefits of DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
Some of the benefits of DIY Valentine’s Day cards for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops creativity and artistic skills in children.
- Enables children to express their feelings and emotions for their loved ones.
- Keeps children busy and entertained in learning something new.
- Enables children to think out of the box and come up with creative cards.
- Promote engagement and entertainment among children.
For more information about activities and games, you can explore kids learning, literacy games for kids, worksheets for kids and puzzles for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
What are some of the DIY Valentine’s Day cards?
Some of the DIY Valentine’s Day cards for kids are thumbprint heart-shaped cards, necklace cards, button cards, thread cards, balloon cards, candle cards, flower bouquet cards, etc.
What are the benefits of DIY Valentine’s Day cards?
Some of the benefits of DIY Valentine’s Day cards are that it helps children develop creativity and imagination skills. Most importantly, children will be able to express their emotions and thoughts about their loved ones in a creative way.