Days Of The Week Printables
Parents and teachers constantly worry about how to teach the days of the week to their children. You can begin by reciting the names of days of the week regularly at home or in the classroom. Worksheets for kids like the days of the week printables are a great way to enhance the child’s learning. Once they have the days memorized, gradually teach them how to spell the different days of the week. Conduct spelling games for kids to make the lesson more fun and interactive for kids.
Days of the Week Printables for Kids
Here are some days of the week printables to help your child practice reading and writing the days of the week.
- Days of the Week Printable Worksheets for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Fill Yesterday and Tomorrow Printable
- Arrange Days of the Week in Correct Order Printable
Days of the Week Printable Worksheets for Preschool and Kindergarten
Fill Yesterday and Tomorrow Printable
Arrange Days of the Week in Correct Order Printable
The Importance of Learning the Days of the Week
We often read or hear texts and speeches, which mention the days of the week. For example, I will go to the market on Monday. Or, My flight is on Tuesday. Or, Can I come on Saturday Please?
The days of the week are an important measure of time. Knowing this is important as it helps kids understand the concept of time and scheduling. For example, as they grow they’ll understand the difference between workdays and weekends. Apart from the days of the week worksheets, you can also teach the names of the different months with months of the year printables.
But, they should be taught that weekdays and days of the week are not exactly the same:
- The days of the week are seven days, beginning from Monday and ending on Sunday.
- However, weekdays are only five days from Monday to Friday.
- And the weekend is Saturday and Sunday.
Days Of The Week Table For Kids
|Days of the Week||Abbreviation|
Tips For Teaching Days Of The Week Spelling To Children
Teachers and parents can download the days of the week for preschoolers printables and ask the kids to read them loudly. To understand the names of the week days, a toddler must memorize them on a regular basis. However, comprehending the notion of day and night makes it easier. Repeating words is an essential factor whereas thrilling activities that teach the days of the week to the kids help them understand the idea better. These preschool days of the week worksheets will enable children to learn in a fun and engaging way.
Apart from this, there are days of the week worksheets for kindergarten available online. You can conduct writing games for kids so that they develop interest in writing names of the weekdays effectively. To achieve this, you have to try simple tips and tricks to enhance their understanding on days of the week.
List Of Tips On How To Spell The Days Of The Week
- Simple explanation on the number of days: Teach kids that there are seven days in a week. When a week gets over, another one begins. Kids can also be taught that each week has five weekdays and a weekend, which has two days. Explain to them that they go to school on the five weekdays. And the two days of the weekend are for playing or relaxing.
In addition to this, children must be taught the difference between night and day; and that after each night begins a new day. Provide the kids with days of the week worksheet for kindergarten and assess their answers once they have finished.
- Explain about today’s day and their plans: Begin the child’s day by telling them what particular day of the week it is and what is the schedule for the day. For instance, parents can say, “It’s Tuesday today, and you have arts class”, or “It is Saturday today, and we are going on a picnic”.
- Help them understand the concept of yesterday, today and tomorrow: Teaching the children the concept of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is essential to make them understand the days of the week. Teach the children that yesterday is the day that comes before today. Name the day and combine it with a fun activity that they would have performed yesterday. For example, you ate lasagna for dinner yesterday.
Do the same in order to help them understand the idea of today and tomorrow. Once you have ensured that the kids have learned the concept of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, you can give days of the week printable worksheets to evaluate their knowledge.
- Introduce the calendar to the kids: Show your kid a calendar and explain how the days and weeks are mentioned on it. Show them which days the festivals and holidays fall on. Tell them when their birthday is.
- Conduct games for kids: Plan exciting and interactive preschool days of the week worksheets for the kids during the weekdays. Write the name of the days on various pieces of paper and shuffle them up. You can even make a chart for the toddler on how to spell the days of the week and plan their fun activities by using colored pencils, sketch pens and crayons. Paste a few of their favorite comic or cartoon characters to make it an even more exciting activity.
- Practice worksheets: Practice is essential to help kids learn the days of the week. So, use worksheets or create an interactive and vibrant day of the week caterpillar with your children. Dice one big circle for the head and seven tiny, vibrant circles for the body. Write down the days of the week on the colorful little circle, and stick them one behind the other to make the caterpillar’s body.
Benefits Of Learning Days Of The Week Using Free Printables
Some of the benefits of learning days of the week worksheets are mentioned below:
- Kids will be able to incorporate days of the week in their conversations effectively.
- They will be able to read and write without making any mistakes.
- Kids will be able to learn and at the same time have fun.
- It will provide a lot of flexibility in their learning process. Kids will learn at their own pace and time.
- Kids will be able to understand the utilization of days of the week in texts and speeches.
- Kids will be able to memorize and retain the names of the days in their memory for longer periods of time.
- They will get to know the importance of time in their life.
- Keeping records of time and their schedule will help them to plan things accordingly whether it studies or play time.
For more fun learning activities and resources, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Days Of The Week Printables
What Are The Days Of The Week Printables?
The Days of the week printables are the study materials designed for the kids to practice and learn days. When children practice these, they will learn the names and spellings of 7 days of a week. You can teach them in fun and interesting ways so that they remember it for a long time.
What are the abbreviations for the days of the week printables?
The abbreviations for the days of the week printables are Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Once children feel comfortable with these abbreviations, you can teach them about the concept of weekdays and weekends. You can also include some simple games and activities while teaching them.
How To Teach Kids The Days Of The Week Printables?
It is easy to teach kids the days with the help of the days of the week printables. Firstly, let them know that there are seven days in a week and the concept of past, present and future. By doing this, children can connect it with yesterday, today and tomorrow.