Free Printable Days Of The Week Chart And Worksheets For Kids
Parents and teachers constantly worry about how to teach the days of the week to their children. Kids can be taught memorization, but coming up with artistic and interactive activities can help them immensely. You can begin by reciting the names of days of the week regularly at home or in the classroom. To enhance kids learning, explore days of the week printables for kids. You can download free printable days of the week worksheets available online.
Asking the kids to fill up the days of the week worksheet can be pretty difficult, particularly if they haven’t yet begun to read. To read the days of the week, a kid has to memorize them. Once it is done, kids find it much easier to learn the notion of time too. By the age of 3 – 4 years, when kids begin to understand and perceive things, it is an excellent time to teach them about days and weeks. To teach how to spell days of the week, you can conduct spelling games for kids so that they can learn spellings creatively.
Download Printable Days Of The Week Chart For Kids
The printable days of the week chart explains the names of the days in their common abbreviations. We come across texts and speeches in our day to day life where there is utilization of days more frequently.
For example, I will go to the market on Monday, My flight is on Tuesday morning, Can I come on Saturday Please, etc. So, you have to make kids understand the importance of days of the week spelling especially for reading and writing. Apart from months of the year printables, you will find different types of free days of the week worksheets online.
Make a note that weekdays and days of the week are not exactly the same:
- The days of the week are seven days, beginning from Monday to Sunday.
- However, weekdays are only five days from Monday to Friday.
- And the weekend is Saturday and Sunday.
Days Of The Week Table For Kids
|Days of the Week||Abbreviation|
Days Of The Week Printable Worksheets For Preschool And Kindergarten
Days Of The Week Printables – Fill Yesterday And Tomorrow:
Days Of The Week Printables – Arrange in Correct Order:
Tips For Teaching Days Of The Week Spelling To Children
Teachers and parents can download the days of the week for preschoolers printables and ask the kids to read them loudly. To understand the names of the week days, a toddler must memorize them on a regular basis. However, comprehending the notion of day and night makes it easier. Repeating words is an essential factor whereas thrilling activities that teach the days of the week to the kids help them understand the idea better. These preschool days of the week worksheets will enable children to learn in a fun and engaging way.
Apart from this, there are days of the week worksheets for kindergarten available online. You can conduct writing games for kids so that they develop interest in writing names of the weekdays effectively. To achieve this, you have to try simple tips and tricks to enhance their understanding on days of the week.
List Of Tips On How To Spell The Days Of The Week
- Simple explanation on the number of days: Teach kids that there are seven days in a week. When a week gets over, another one begins. Kids can also be taught that each week has five school days and two play days. In addition to this, children must be taught the difference between night and day; and that after each night begins a new day. Provide the kids with days of the week worksheet for kindergarten and assess their answers once they have finished.
- Explain about today’s day and their plans: Begin the child’s day by telling them what particular day of the week it is and what is the schedule for the day. For instance, parents can say, “It’s Tuesday today, and you have arts class”, or “It is Saturday today, and we are going to the picnic”.
- Make them understand about yesterday, today and tomorrow: Teaching the children the concept of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is essential to make them understand the days of the week. Teach the children that yesterday is the day that comes before today. Name the day and combine it with a fun activity that they would have performed yesterday. Do the same in order to help them understand the idea of today and tomorrow. Once you have ensured that the kids have learned the concept of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, you can give days of the week printable worksheets to evaluate their knowledge.
- Introduce the calendar to the kids: Show your kid a calendar and explain how the days and weeks are mentioned on it. Show them which days the festivals and holidays fall on. Tell them when their birthday is.
- Conduct games for kids: Plan exciting and interactive preschool days of the week worksheets for the kids during the weekdays. Write the name of the days on various pieces of paper and shuffle them up. You can even make a chart for the toddler on how to spell the days of the week and plan their fun activities by using colored pencils, sketch pens and crayons. Paste a few of their favorite comic or cartoon characters to make it an even more exciting activity.
- Practice worksheets: An interactive and vibrant free day of the week worksheets for kids is to get them to make a week caterpillar. Dice one big circle for the head and seven tiny, vibrant circles for the body. Write down the days of the week on the colorful little circle, and stick them one behind the other to make a caterpillar’s body.
Benefits Of Learning Days Of The Week Using Free Printables
Some of the benefits of learning days of the week worksheets are mentioned below:
- Kids will be able to incorporate days of the week in their conversations effectively.
- They will be able to read and write without making any mistakes.
- Kids will be able to learn and at the same time have fun.
- It will provide a lot of flexibility in their learning process. Kids will learn at their own pace and time.
- Kids will be able to understand the utilization of days of the week in texts and speeches.
- Kids will be able to memorize and retain the names of the days in their memory for longer periods of time.
- They will get to know the importance of time in their life.
- Keeping records of time and their schedule will help them to plan things accordingly whether it studies or play time.
You can provide days of the week chart free printable charts to kids and ask them to fill them. It is highly recommended for the kids to learn the Vocabulary Activities at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Days Of The Week Printables
What Are The Days Of The Week Printables?
The Days of the week printables are the study materials designed for the kids to practice and learn days. When children practice these, they will learn the names and spellings of 7 days of a week. You can teach them in fun and interesting ways so that they remember it for a long time.
What are the abbreviations for the days of the week printables?
The abbreviations for the days of the week printables are Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Once children feel comfortable with these abbreviations, you can teach them about the concept of weekdays and weekends. You can also include some simple games and activities while teaching them.
How To Teach Kids The Days Of The Week Printables?
It is easy to teach kids the days with the help of the days of the week printables. Firstly, let them know that there are seven days in a week and the concept of past, present and future. By doing this, children can connect it with yesterday, today and tomorrow.