Words That Start With D
Can you think of words that start with D? Easy words like ‘dress’, ‘doll’, and ‘dog’ are a few common words that your little one might already know. We’ve got a wider list of words that start with D below!
This list can sharpen your child’s vocabulary in no time! You could practice writing the words with them, and simply saying the words out loud together. Once they’ve understood the meanings of the words, reading becomes a lot easier. Try to be as animated as possible when you explain the meaning to your kids, if they’re younger.
List Of D Words For Kids
We’ve listed 3-letter D words for kids, 4-letter D words for kids, and 5-letter D words for kids in preschool and kindergarten. Check below:
D Words For Kids
List Of D Words For Kindergarten Kids
Although we’ve listed a few D words for kindergarten above, here are some more words that are slightly more difficult to learn!
D Words for Kindergarten Kids
List Of Preschool Words That Start With D
Preschoolers are often very distracted and may not really want to learn big words. For that purpose, we’ve specifically listed a few preschool words that start with D.
Preschool Words That Start With D
More D Words for Kids,
Three Letter D Words For Kids That Start With D
Four Letter D Words For Kids That Start With D
For More Words, Visit Four Letter Words That Start With D
Five Letter D Words For Kids That Start With D
More D Words For Kids,
Activities to Learn Alphabet D and D Words
- Make Paper Plate Donuts: Take your paper plate, cut out a hole right in the middle, and decorate the rest of your paper plate to look like a delicious donut! D is for donuts afterall.
- Craft Some Dinosaurs: Use craft paper to make cute little dinosaurs! This word might be difficult to pronounce and spell for your kids, but with some practice, they can get it right.
- Play With Rubber Ducks: Keep some rubber ducks inside the bath tubs and watch your kids play with them! Make cute duck sounds in the background to make this experience more fun.
- Explore, Alphabet Worksheets, We’ve got printable alphabet worksheets you can use! We’ve also included some helpful learning tips that might come of use.
- Check out Our Alphabet Coloring Pages for some more fun while learning! We’ve got more uppercase and lowercase letter d coloring pages that your kids will love. They’ll spark your child’s creativity in no time.
We’ve also got Spelling Activities and games that can enhance your child’s vocabulary in no time. You can find activities for 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and kindergarten.
Frequently Asked Questions on D Words for Kids
What are some of the D words for kids?
Some of the D words for kids are dig, door, date, drink, dinosaur, deer, desk, donkey, dart, deep, dance, duck, dip, dab, den, dad, dent, dock, dark, dust, etc.
What are Kindergarten D words for kids?
Some of the D Words for Kindergarten Kids are drum, daily, dose, dull, drift, danger, dabble, driblet, dirty, doom, deem, deaf, dumb, doctor, die, done, drive, drove, dam, damage, do, did, done, etc.
What are some of the preschool D words for kids?
Some of the preschool D words for kids are doll, dog, do, drop, dew, daisy, daffodil, dawn, dusk, dim light, dot, drop, dice, dish, damp, delight, delish, delicious, delicacy, etc.