Conversation Questions for Kids
Not all kids are super social; the introverts and shy ones usually have trouble talking to people and making friends. It helps to teach some conversation starters like conversation questions for kids. These simple questions and topics will help them get over their shyness and start talking to other kids. Additionally, these questions for kids will help lighten the atmosphere and make them feel comfortable in a group setting.
Along with talking to other kids, you as a parent want your little ones to be able to talk to you about anything. But kids can be intimidated when it comes to talking to their parents about certain things. Moreover, some kids can be very private, and all your attempts at getting your child to talk could be met with radio silence. So, you need to come up with a new approach to get your kids to open up. The easiest way to get them talking is to broach the topic gently with some conversation questions for kids.
150+ Conversation Questions for Kids
Conversation questions for kids are nothing but conversation starters. These questions help break the ice and set the stage for a meaningful connection with your child. In addition to this, conversation starters also help the child develop valuable social skills like listening, communicating and interacting with others. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of conversation questions for kids. These questions will help you teach your child to open up and have a meaningful conversation with others.
List of Conversation Questions for Kids
- What do you plan to do today?
- What is the most interesting dream you’ve ever had?
- What did you learn in school today?
- Who did you sit with during lunch?
- What games do you like to play?
- Who do you play with during recess?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
- What is one thing that drives you crazy?
- If you found $1 on the sidewalk, what would you do?
- Who is your best friend, and what makes them special?
- Can you remember a time when you laughed so hard you snorted?
- Which letter of the alphabet is your favorite and why?
- Do you like Easter or Thanksgiving?
- If you had to give new names to all your friends, what would you call them?
- Do you think you can walk on your hands for an hour?
- Would you rather have extra homework or extra vegetables for dinner?
- What would you do if someone picked on your best friend?
- What would you do if someone borrowed your pencil and didn’t return it?
- Imagine you won a trip to Disney World, but you’ll have to stay alone. Would you go?
- Would you eat french fries with chocolate sauce?
- What’s the best part about being your age?
- What would you do if you woke up on another planet?
- Which superhero do you hate and why?
- What do you do to pass the time when you’re stuck in a waiting room?
- What games do you like to play with your family?
- Would you rather buy lunch in the cafeteria or pack your own lunch?
- Are you more like Anna or Kristoff, explain why?
- Would you live in a lonely cabin in the woods?
- If you had a magic wand, what would you do?
- If your pet could talk, what’s the first question you would ask?
- Has something happened in your life that made you upset? What was it?
- What is something that most people like, but you don’t?
- If your friend did something wrong and asked you to keep it a secret, what would you do?
- Which of your friends are you most comfortable talking to?
- If someone asked you to steal $5, what would you do?
- What would you do if someone tried to pick on you?
- What are you grateful for?
- What do you think your life will be like in 10 years?
- What are the top three things in your bucket list?
- Who in your family are you most comfortable talking to?
- If you had to move to a deserted island, name three things you would take with you and why?
- Do you have something on your mind that you would like to share with me?
- If a person you’ve met once tells you your parents asked them to pick you up from school, what would you do?
- What is something you wish you could do?
- If you could see only one color, which color would you choose?
- If you had a robot, which can only do one thing, what would you ask it to do?
- How do you make friends?
- What do you and your friends talk about?
- If you were allowed to eat dessert for breakfast, which dessert would you choose?
- Do you think it’s important to pay attention to what your teacher is saying in class?
- Have you ever fallen asleep in class?
- Have you ever farted loudly in class?
- How old were you when you learned to tie your shoelaces on your own?
- Have you ever pretended to be sick to get out of class?
- Does anyone in your class have the same first name as you? How do you feel about that?
- How would you like it if you could celebrate your birthday every month?
- Would you watch a movie with no sound?
- When was the last time you wrote someone a letter?
- Do you think you should be allowed to choose what you want to learn in school?
- Do you get more excited to celebrate your birthday or your best friend’s birthday?
- Do you like hot, sunny days or cold, rainy days?
- Do you like to go camping in the woods or playing on the beach?
- If someone you know is sad, what would you do to cheer them up?
- Would you like it if you had to go to school on Sundays?
- If you could create a new ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- What are you looking for?
- Did you bring things from the market?
- What do you want to do now?
- Did you clean your study area?
- How will you reach the destination?
- Are you planning to stay here?
- Did you finish eating food?
- Did you get my favorite muffins from bakery?
- Are you listening to songs?
- Can you get some water for me?
- Which sport are you playing?
- Is there any food left inside the refrigerator?
- How will you organize a Halloween party at home?
- Did you hunt for Easter eggs?
- Did you practice mathematical problems?
- Are you understanding what I am trying to say?
- Where did you lose your pencil box?
- Can I ask you something?
- How do you learn science?
- What are you planning to wear for the birthday party?
- Can you bring your pet to my house?
- Are you helping your sister with homework?
- Do you need some help?
- How is your health now?
- Are you making pancakes for me?
- Did you sleep well?
- Is there anything you want me to do?
- Can you bring laptop for me?
- Where are you going now?
- Can you reduce the volume of television?
- What are you wearing for Christmas?
- Are you going to read stories now?
- Will you help me with that?
- Can you fold clothes?
- Will you keep things in the storeroom?
- Are you baking a cake today?
- What is the theme you are planning for your mother’s birthday party?
- Can you hold the bottle properly?
- Are you watching a television series?
- How often you go for a ride?
- Where do you go for violin classes?
- Do you need someone to drop you?
- Can you solve this mathematical problem accurately?
- Do you get enough time to play?
- Can you walk slowly?
- What time do you go to sleep?
- Which is your favorite play?
- What is the name of the person sitting next to you?
- Can you listen properly?
- Do you express your thoughts and ideas with others?
- Did you wear sunglasses while driving?
- What are you preparing for supper?
- Are there any good ideas for conducting activities for kids?
- Do you need extra time to prepare notes for the class?
- How well do you know them?
- Can you push the table?
- Have you been to this place before?
- How would reading the newspaper benefit children?
- Can you reduce the prize of the toy?
- Where do you get delicious pizza in your town?
- Will you get some blueberries for me?
- What is the best way to introduce concepts to kids?
- When are you coming to town?
- Where did you keep your toys?
- Do you know singing?
- Do you need any suggestions?
- Did you finish your music class?
- How long will you take to reach this place?
- Do you need warm water to drink?
- Are you feeling tensed?
- Did you get decoration materials from home?
- What are you up to?
- Are there any plans for New Year?
- Did you pray today?
- Are you going to preschool?
- What is the score of cricket?
- How does this color change?
- Which is the best place to visit in the US?
- Are you starving?
- Did you feel sad when she yelled at you?
- How do you cook turkey for Thanksgiving?
- Do you help your mom in setting the dinner table?
- How much milk you need to prepare a cup of coffee?
- Do you perform yoga daily?
- How do you improve your creativity skills?
- Did you get hurt in leg?
- Why you need 100 $?
- What are you planning to give your dad for Father’s Day?
Osmo has a wide variety of questions, activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun and engaging for kids. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Conversation Questions for Kids
What are conversation questions for kids?
Conversation questions are conversation starters or topics to get your kids to open up and start talking about themselves.
How are conversation questions for kids helpful?
Conversation questions are a great way to get kids to talk, and it helps them get past their shyness and talk to others. These questions help them learn how to interact with others, have meaningful conversations and make new friends.