Learning words for kids is an important part of a child’s early education. But the learning shouldn’t stop, even if it’s Christmas. The best way to include learning into a child’s routine over the holidays is to make it Christmas-themed. So, help them learn Christmas-related words and boost their holiday vocabulary. Christmas words play a vital role in enhancing a child’s communication skills. Among all the festivals celebrated globally, Christmas is one of the most famous and is celebrated by people worldwide.
Friends and families come together to spread love and grace and show affection for each other during the holiday. There’s fun, food, presents and joy all around. In all this, kids tend to forget all they’ve learned. Parents can use the opportunity to include some learning with the fun and teach their children some interesting Christmas words and phrases.
100+ Popular Christmas Words
Here is a list of Christmas words to help build a strong vocabulary for kids.
List of Christmas Words
|Frosty the Snowman
|Christmas tree stand
Christmas Words From A-Z
During the Christmas holiday season, parents can introduce kids to all the Christmas Words that begin with different letters of the alphabet.
How Many Answers Can You Get Right in this Easy Christmas Quiz?
Funny Christmas Words and Phrases for Kids
- Santa knows who’s bad or good, but I think he already knows about you. Merry Christmas to a great kid.
- When I see your little cherub face, I think of the Christ Child & all of His blessings. Merry Christmas, little one.
- Since our children are grown up now, we enjoy seeing Christmas through your young eyes. Thank you so much.
- To my beautiful child on your first Christmas: This Holy Day, I am grateful for so much, but you’re my biggest blessing in my life.
- From the moment I saw your sweet face, I knew you were the best Christmas gift I could ever receive. Merry Christmas, Sweetie.
- Sweet cookies, sweet candy, lovely Christmas carols in the air, sweetly wrapped gifts, and, hmmm, what else? Oh yeah, dear you.
- Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want, and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want, and their kids pay for it. – Richard Lamm
- A song was heard at Christmas. To wake the midnight sky. A savior’s birth, & peace on earth & praise to God on high.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other’s arms.
- At Christmas, play and cheer. Christmas comes but once a year.
- Don’t measure the height of your Christmas tree. Measure the abundance of love present in your heart. Have a Blessed Christmas.
- Giving and receiving love is the only guarantee of having a truly Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Wishing you and your family all the best.
Christmas Words and Phrases
Christmas is an ideal time to get innovative, the holiday is the perfect time to make handcrafted gifts and goodies.
Whether a child is creating a signboard, a goody bag, a card or a present tag, use this list of Christmas-related words and phrases (in the sequence of length) to write on their next Christmas craft. Here is an extensive list of popular catchy Christmas phrases.
|Jingle All The WayMaking Spirits Bright
|Dashing Through the SnowRepeat the Sounding Joy
|Silent Night… Yeah Right!
|Sleigh Bells Ring
|Merry and Bright
|A Thrill of Hope
|Peace on Earth
|Let It, Snow
|Ho Ho Ho
|Pa-Rum Pum Pum Pum
|Repeat the Sounding Joy
|May Your Days Be Merry and Bright
|Christmas Comes But Once A Year
|Jesus Is The Reason For The Season
|‘Fra-gee-lay. Must Be Italian.’
|Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
|Believe in the Magic of Christmas
|The Weather Outside is Frightful, But The Fire Is So Delightful
|Are you part of the Inn Crowd, or are you one of the Stable few?
|Where meek souls will receive Him still, the dear Christ enters in.
|The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear
|It’s All Fun and Games ‘Til Santa Checks the Naughty List.’
|Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire, Jack Frost Nipping At Your Nose.
|Where The Treetops Glisten And Children Listen To Hear Sleigh Bells In The Snow
|For Unto You Is Born This Day In The City Of David A Savior Which Is Christ The Lord
|And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful, Counselor, All Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
|‘I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.’ – Charles Dickens.
|‘Christmas waves a magic wand over the world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.’ – Norman Vincent Peale
|‘The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.’ – Burton Hillis
|‘Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps… means a little bit more!’
|It’s Christmas in the Heart That Puts Christmas in the Air
|Glory To The Newborn King
|Have A Holly Jolly Christmas
|‘Tis The Season To Be Freezin’
|All I Want for Christmas is You. Everything
|Don’t Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle
|Be Naughty. Save Santa The Trip.
|You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid.
|Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room
Parents can teach Christmas words and phrases to children, which adds a colorful vibe at home. Osmo also provides a wide range of Christmas Crossword Puzzles for Kids for the benefit of children.
Frequently Asked Questions on Christmas Words
What are some 4 letter Christmas words?
Christmas words are available from 3 letter words too. But here are some of the 4 letter Christmas words for kids, they are, grin, gift, give, card, snow, sock and many more. These Christmas words help children get acquainted with new words and broadens their vocabulary.