Here Is A List Of Exciting Christmas Words That Start With E To Expand Your Child’s Christmas Vocabulary
December is an exciting time. There’s so much anticipation in the air as the countdown to Christmas starts. So, it’s the best time to teach them some words for kids. Christmastime is full of fun, food, family, friends and love. It’s a great time to teach children amazing life lessons. You could also add some Christmas-themed learning to this joyful mix to keep your kids learning on track. The holidays are a great time to help children learn new words. Christmas words that start with E is the best way to add some exciting new words to your child’s vocabulary.
Here’s a list of commonly used Christmas words that start with E! With this list of Christmas words that start with E, you can enhance your child’s vocabulary in no time.
Christmas Words That Start With E
- Eggnog – A Christmas drink made from eggs, spices, and cream. Some recipes include alcohol as an ingredient.
- Evergreen – Often refers to foliage that remains functional and green for more than 1 season
- Event – An occurrence of something noteworthy
- Eagerly – Marked by enthusiasm and desire
- Ebenezer – A commemoration of divine assistance
- Eating – To put food in the mouth
- Edible – Something that is suitable to be eaten
- Elf – A mythical small, often mischievous magical being with pointed ears. They are also called Santa’s little helpers.
- Elves – Plural of Elf, tiny creatures that help Santa and live in the North Pole
- Elegantly – Marked by high grade or quality
- Elation – A state of euphoria
- Embrace – Expressing love to someone by holding them in their arms, or another word for a hug.
- Entertaining – Providing amusement or enjoyment.
- Emmanuel – It means “God is with us”
- Enjoyment – State of having fun and feeling content
- Endearing – Arousing feelings of affection or admiration
- Enchanting – Powerfully pleasing and delightful
- Enthusiastically – Feeling strong excitement for something
- Epiphany – A perception of the meaning of something or an illuminating discovery
- Enticing – To attract someone by offering something to someone
- Eve – The day before a special day. For example, Christmas eve is the day before Christmas day.
- Exalting – To glorify something
- Exuberance – Joyously unrestrained and enthusiastic
- Excitement – Characterized by a heightened state of energy and enthusiasm
Tips To Learn Christmas Words That Start With E
Learning words can sometimes be monotonous and difficult for little children. But, teaching words to kids is a crucial subject for a child’s language development. Here are some simple tips, tricks and games to help your child learn Christmas words that start with the letter E. Games and activities make learning fun and easy for children. So, turn your child’s vocabulary lessons into playtime with these fun learning games.
- Word Chain: Just learning Christmas words isn’t enough, kids need to retain the words in their memory. This word chain game helps kids remember the Christmas words that begin with E and use them often in their speech. First, help your child revise all the Christmas words that start with E and then ask the kids to memorize the words. Next, have them sit around in a circle and say a word aloud, one at a time.
- Everyday Conversation: The best way to help children practice Christmas words that begin with E is to use them with your child in your everyday conversations. Repeating the words often will help children remember the words. Try to incorporate as many Christmas words that start with E when you talk to your child. Encourage them to do the same when they talk to their friends too! It’s a great way to build their Christmas vocabulary.
- Turn it into a Song: Christmas is a great time for carols and songs. So, why not turn your child’s Christmas vocabulary lesson into a musical? One of the best ways to learn Christmas words that start with E is by singing a song. Say the words in whatever order you please and add a fun tune to them. Your song is ready!
- Scavenger Hunt: What could be more fun during the holidays than a scavenger hunt for kids? Not only does this game keep your little elves busy, but it’ll also boost their Christmas vocabulary and spirit. Once your child has learned a few Christmas words that start with E, write down clever clues that lead your child to those words in your house! All you have to do is write down the words you want on chits of paper and hide them in fun locations. Then, have your child and their friends go on a scavenger hunt using those clues.
- Hangman: This classic vocabulary game is a great way to help your child strengthen their brain bank of Christmas words. Just turn into a Christmas-themed hangman for a fun, family game night during the holiday season. Additionally, it helps you check your child’s knowledge of Christmas words that starts with the letter E.
- Word Unscramble: Once your child has memorized Christmas words that start with E, test their knowledge by scrambling each word and have your kid unscramble them.
- Build a Story: Christmas is a wonderful time for storytelling. Have your little one use the list of Christmas words that start with E and make up their very own story. Or if you’re doing this with a group of children, make it a story chain activity.
- Rhyming Words: Refer to the list of Christmas words that start with E and think of rhyming words for each word! This activity is super fun and comical too, we assure you that it’ll have you and your child in fits of giggles.
- Enact a Skit: Ask your child to pick as many Christmas words that start with E and use them in a skit! Ask them to be as imaginative and creative as possible. This activity boosts their creativity, imagination and their confidence as well.
- Writing Christmas Cards: An amazing way to help kids practice the Christmas words that start with E is to help them write Christmas cards using these words. Help your child make Christmas cards and write a small message using Christmas words that begin with an E.
- Word Search Puzzle: A Christmas word search puzzle is a great way to improve your child’s Christmas vocabulary. Additionally, this fun game will help you test your child’s knowledge of Christmas words beginning with the letter E. Also, it’ll keep your kids occupied while you get on with your holiday prep.
For example, if one child starts with the word “eve”, the next person must say “eve”, and then say another word, such as “elf”. Similarly, the next person would have to say “eve”, “elf”, and then, say, “eggnog”.
For more such memory games, check out memory games for kids.
Osmo’s Genius Words is a wonderful game to help your child learn new words and strengthen their vocabulary! Check it out today.
For example, you could say “The Christmas Tree looks enchanting, doesn’t it?” or “Would you like to help me make some eggnog?”
For example, one child could say a sentence with one Christmas word from E. Then the next child could build another sentence related to the first sentence with another word, and so on. It’s a great way to check if they’ve understood the meanings of the Christmas words that start with E.
Check out these fun rhyming games for kids on Osmo!
Looking for more words to boost your child’s Christmas vocabulary? Check out these wonderful Christmas words that start with I.
Frequently Asked Questions on Christmas Words that Start with E
What are some of the Christmas words that start with E?
Some of the Christmas words that start with E are Emmanuel, entertaining, excitement, enjoy, enjoyment, enchanting, endearing, embrace, elegant, Elf, Ebenezer, evergreen, eggnog, events, edible, eating, etc.
How to learn the Christmas words that start with E?
Some of the easy tips and tricks to learn the Christmas words that start with E are that you can play word chain games with the kids and add more Christmas words that start with E. And, motivate them to use more number of Christmas words when they talk to their friends and engage them in alphabet rhymes.