Interesting Trivia Questions And Answers on Christmas For Kids
Christmas is a festival of joy. The holiday includes a lot of fun activities, games and old traditions. These days, we seem to have forgotten old Christmas customs and traditions. Well, that is bound to happen with time. As time passes, we develop new traditions. However, this does not make Christmas games and trivia any less interesting. Therefore, you can conduct Christmas trivia questions for kids in a fun and creative way. To engage kids with fun activities, you can take Christmas trivia questions and answers for kids at home or in the classroom.
Organizing a Christmas trivia quiz is an exciting holiday game for family and friends. We provide you with some trivia questions for kids about Christmas. So, what are you waiting for? Start with Christmas trivia questions for kids and see how many they get correct. Even if your kid is not aware of the answer, they would get to learn something new about their favorite holiday. Moreover, you can also explore Christmas words to create questions for kids.
Best Trivia Questions For Kids About Christmas
Figure out interesting ways to spend time with your family and friends on Christmas. What can be more exciting than utilizing Christmas trivia questions for kids printables. This will help kids to learn and understand about the festivity. Try out these amazing Christmas trivia questions and answers for kids. Besides this, you can also explore Christmas riddles for kids to get some idea on Christmas terminologies and its meanings.
List Of Christmas Trivia Questions For Kids
- Whose nose was actually a button? Answer: Frosty the Snowman
- How many reindeer are there including Rudolph? Answer: Nine
- Which mint candy is popular during Christmas time? Answer: Candy canes
- Which popular Christmas drink is also called ‘milk punch’? Answer: Eggnog
- The movie ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ is based on which real-life department store? Answer: Macy’s
- As per the tradition, what do people put on the top of a Christmas tree? Answer: An angel
- Where was Jesus Christ born? Answer: Bethlehem
- Mention two popular names for Santa Claus. Answer: Kris Kringle and Saint Nick
- Which color is Santa’s belt? Answer: Black
- Which animal pulls Santa’s sleigh? Answer: Reindeer
- How many ghosts show up in A Christmas carol? Answer: Four
- Which country started the culture of decorating a Christmas tree? Answer: Germany
- Which is the best-selling Christmas song ever? Answer: “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
- Where does Santa Claus live? Answer: North Pole
- Which colors are traditional Christmas colors? Answer: Red and green
- What are Santa’s helpers called? Answer: Elves
- What is the name of a reindeer whose name starts with V? Answer: Vixen
- Which fairytale were the first gingerbread houses inspired by? Answer: Hansel and Gretel
- How many lords are leaping in ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ song? Answer: Ten
- On which day is Christmas celebrated? Answer: 25th December
- Why is Christmas celebrated? Answer: The birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated as Christmas.
- Which tree is traditionally used as a Christmas tree? Answer: Pine or fir tree
- What does the star on the top of a Christmas tree signify? Answer: The star of Bethlehem
- Which Christmas candy celebrates the shepherds that visited Jesus? Answer: Candy cane
- Which cake is traditionally made for Christmas? Answer: Plum cake
- What made Frosty come to life in the song “Frosty the Snowman”? Answer: An old silk hat
- Which reindeer shares its name with a famous symbol of Valentine’s Day? Answer: Cupid
- Who is the singer of ‘White Christmas’? Answer: Bing Crosby
- Name a well-known Christmas carol? Answer: Jingle Bells
- In which modern-day country was Saint Nicholas born? Answer: Turkey
- Total how many gifts are given for twelve days of Christmas? Answer: 364
- Which is the first company which used Santa Claus for their advertisement? Answer: Coca cola
- What do you refer to as a Christmas tree otherwise? Answer: Yule Tree
- Which US president had his own recipe for Eggnog? Answer: George Washington
- How much time does a Christmas tree need to reach average height? Answer: 15 years
- What does the color red symbolize during Christmas? Answer: It is considered to be the blood of Jesus.
- Name three things gifted by wise men to baby Jesus? Answer: Myrrh, Gold and Frankincense.
- Can you name the kings who visited baby Jesus? Answer: Melchior, Casper and Balthazar.
- Which country sends a big Christmas Tree to London almost every year? Answer: Norway
- Name the famous scientist who was born on 25th December? Answer: Sir Isaac Newton
- Who is the writer of the song Christmas Carol? Answer: Charles Dickens
- What is the origin of candy canes? Answer: It originated in Germany
- When were Christmas crackers introduced? Answer: 1902
- Which was the first state in the United States of America to declare Christmas an official holiday? Answer: Oklahoma
- In Christmas Carol, what is the second name of Ebenezer? Answer: Scrooge
- Which is the traditional food and drink left for Santa on the day of Christmas eve? Answer: Milk and Cookies
- Who is the most famous of Santa’s reindeer? Answer: Rudolf
- Name the log which is used for burning on Christmas eve? Answer: Yule log
- What is the color of the holly berry? Answer: Red
- What piece of clothing is hung near the fireplace on Christmas eve? Answer: Stockings
- What kind of meat do people traditionally eat for Christmas dinner? Answer: Turkey
- What is the color of the Grinch? Answer: Green
- Name the Christmas decoration that was made from strands of silver. Answer: Tinsel
- What kind of food do you leave for Santa’s reindeer? Answer: Carrots and oats.
- Which real-life person is Santa Claus based on? Answer: Saint Nicholas
- According to Austrian Folklore, which horned creature kidnaps kids who’re naughty during Christmas? Answer: Krampus
- What are the three words that Santa usually greets people with? Answer: Ho Ho Ho
- Which little Whoville resident saw the Grinch stealing the Christmas tree in “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas”? Answer: Cindy Lou Who
- Who made Frosty, the snowman, come to life? Answer: Santa Claus
- What does Santa leave in a naughty child’s stocking? Answer: A lump of coal.
- What is the name of the green and red plant that is used to decorate houses during Christmas? Answer: Poinsettia
- Where are Poinsettias originally from? Answer: Mexico
- Who spies on naughty kids and reports them to Santa? Answer: The Elf on the Shelf
- What are the names of the ghosts who visit Ebenezer Scrooge in “A Christmas Carol?” Answer: The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
- What happens to the person who finds the pickle ornament first on the Christmas tree on Christmas Day? Answer: They get an extra present from Santa
- Before Christmas lights were invented, what did people put on their Christmas tree? Answer: Candles
- What Christmas movie depicts a train that takes kids to the North Pole on Christmas Eve? Answer: The Polar Express
- People in Australia celebrate Christmas in Summer. True or False? Answer: True
- What is the name of the fruit-cake that is traditionally made in Germany during Christmas? Answer: Stollen
- What is Christmas pudding traditionally served with in Britain? Answer: Brandy butter
- Who invented the first strand of Christmas lights? Answer: Thomas Edison
- What should people do when they stand under the mistletoe? Answer: Kiss the person next to them
- What is ‘Bûche de Noël’, which is commonly eaten in France during Christmas? Answer: Yule Log
- In the song, “Twelve days of Christmas,” what kind of tree is the partridge sitting on? Answer: Pear Tree
- What is the name of the famous British Christmas dish made up of little sausages wrapped in bacon? Answer: Pigs in a blanket.
- Which particular Christmas dish is said to bring you luck if you eat one for the 12 days of Christmas? Answer: Mince Pies
- What is Santa Claus called in France? Answer: Père Noël
- What is Santa’s wife’s name? Answer: Mrs. Claus
- Celebrating Christmas was once banned in England, true or false? Answer: True
- What is the name of the parasitic evergreen used in Christmas decorations? Answer: Mistletoe
- Which Roman holiday inspired Christmas celebrations? Answer: Saturnalia
- After leaving Bethlehem, where did Mary, Joseph and Jesus travel to? Answer: Egypt
- What is the name of the most famous Christmas ballet of all time? Answer: The Nutcracker
- What is the name of the day after Christmas day? Answer: Boxing Day
- In which country is a witch believed to drop gifts for kids through chimneys on Christmas? Answer: Italy
Benefits Of Printable Christmas Trivia Questions For Kids
Some of the benefits of Christmas trivia questions for kids are mentioned below:
- Provides easy and simple questions.
- Understands the importance of Christmas celebrations.
- Imparts in-depth knowledge about Christmas terminologies.
- Engages kids for longer periods of time.
- Improves retention power among kids.
- Encourages to actively participate in activities.
- Develops critical thinking skills.
- Improves fine motor skills.
- Entertains and creates interests in learning something new.
Frequently Asked Questions on Christmas Trivia Questions For Kids
What are the best Christmas trivia questions for kids?
The best Christmas trivia questions for kids are what is the best selling Christmas jingle ever? What is the popular Christmas tree? What are the number of ghosts in the Christmas carol? After leaving the North pole, who helped Rudolph?, etc.
What are the advantages of Christmas trivia questions for kids?
The benefits of Christmas trivia questions for kids are they get to learn about their customs and traditions of Christmas. Moreover, when they answer these questions, their memory power improves and they develop a good vocabulary skills.
What are some funny Christmas trivia questions for kids?
Some Funny Christmas trivia questions for kids are which beverage is often left for Santa? Which is the famous tree topper? Did Grinch take away the Christmas tree when he took Christmas? What are the snowman’s eyes made of?, etc.