Looking for activities to keep your little ones busy during the holiday season? Crafting is one of the best activities to keep kids entertained, while you get on with your holiday prep. The best thing about Christmas crafts for kids is that it fills them with holiday spirit while fueling their creativity. And it keeps them out of trouble too.
Christmas arts and crafts for kids are not only fun, but they’re a great medium of learning too. These crafts enhance their creativity, imagination, focus, patience, thinking skills and hone their fine motor skills. In addition to this, they learn basic math skills as they measure and cut craft materials. Here are some easy and wonderful Christmas crafts for kids to keep them entertained over the holidays.
Interesting DIY Christmas Crafts For Kids
We’ve compiled a list of some amazing Christmas craft ideas for kids. These winter crafts for kids are a great way to let your child’s imagination and creativity flow. Here are a few Christmas crafts for kids your children will love.
List of Christmas Crafts for Kids
- DIY Christmas Crafts For Kids: Origami Dog
- Paper Plate Christmas Tree
Watch the video below to learn how to make an origami dog.
One of the best Christmas craft ideas for little kids is origami. The holidays are a great time to teach origami to your kids, it’s one of the best Christmas paper crafts for kids. They can craft origami decorations for the tree or to make handmade gifts to give as gifts to friends and family.
This is one of the easiest Christmas crafts for kids. Make your own little Christmas tree with paper plates.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own paper plate Christmas tree: 1 paper plate, colorful sequins, beads and pom poms, a foam star sticker, glue, 3 12-inch pieces of Christmassy ribbons, green acrylic paint, paint brush, popsicle stick, stapler and tape.
- Using a paintbrush, paint the paper plate green and set it aside to dry.
- Once it’s dry, cut the paper into thirds with one part smaller than the other two.
- Punch 6 holes at equal distances on the wider part of each plate.
- Lace the 3 ribbons through the holes on each plate and tape the ends at the back of the plate.
- Now, layer the plates with the triangular tip on top and the wider part at the bottom. Ensure that the smallest one is on top.
- Staple the three plates together to make the green part of your tree.
- Glue the popsicle stick at the back of the bottom plate to make the tree’s stump.
- Now decorate your Christmas tree with the colorful pom poms, beads and sequins.
- Finally, stick the foam star sticker on top to finish your paper plate Christmas tree.
Looking for more ideas for Christmas crafts for kids? Then you have to try this pom pom garland craft for your Christmas tree. This one of the simplest Christmas crafts for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to make pom pom ornaments for Santa Belt: Colorful pom poms, yarn, scissors and beads.
- Measure the length of yarn that you want to use to make your pom pom garland. Using the scissors, cut the yarn.
- To secure the pom poms, place a pom pom on the yarn and pull the yarn on both sides of the pom pom and tie a knot.
- Repeat with the rest of the pom poms to make your pom pom garland. You can add colorful beads to the garland after each pom pom to make it more attractive.
This is one of the most fun Christmas crafts for kids. Teach your kids how to make a reindeer ornament to display on the tree.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a reindeer ornament: 1 red colored pom pom, brown colored glass or plastic ornament, googly eyes, 2 brown or black pipe cleaners and glue.
- First, we make the reindeer’s antlers. Take one of the pipe cleaners and cut it into quarters.
- Now take the pipe cleaner that is whole. Wrap the middle of the pipe cleaner around the top of the brown ornament, just beneath the cap. This will leave you with two bits hanging on each side.
- Bend and twist the tiny pieces of pipe cleaner an inch from the end on both sides of the whole pipe cleaner to make the antlers.
- Glue googly eyes to the ornament to make the reindeer’s eyes.
- Then glue the red pom pom underneath the eyes to make the reindeer’s nose. Your reindeer ornament is ready to be displayed on your tree.
Osmo’s Masterpiece: Osmo’s masterpiece is an interactive drawing game that’ll boost your child’s creativity and artistic skills. This will help them learn to draw a reindeer with ease. Check out Masterpiece now.
An advent calendar is one of the best Christmas crafts for kids. Keep your little ones busy in the days leading up to Christmas by making a Santa Advent calendar.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a Santa Advent calendar: Red and white felt paper, white and pink pom poms or cotton balls, googly eyes, black marker, glue and scissors.
- First, Santa’s hat using the red felt paper. Cut out a section from the white felt paper to make the furry white base of Santa’s hat.
- Glue the white base on top of the red hat. Now, glue a white pom pom at the tip to complete Santa’s hat.
- Then, cut out Santa’s face and beard using the white felt paper. Glue Santa’s hat on top of his face.
- Glue googly eyes underneath the hat. Stick the pink pom poms or cotton balls on both sides of the face to make Santa’s rosy cheeks.
- Using the marker, draw Santa’s nose and then glue white pom poms under the nose in a straight line. This is his mustache.
- Now, jot down the numbers from 1-25 on Santa’s beard to complete the Advent calendar.
- Have your little one glue a pom pom or cotton ball each day on the calendar until Santa’s beard is complete. This is one of the best counting activities for preschoolers.
This is one of the most beautiful and colorful Christmas crafts for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a popsicle stick gingerbread house: popsicle sticks, white construction paper, colorful beads, 1 large white button, red and brown paint, paint brush, red felt paper and glue.
- First, paint your popsicle sticks brown and allow them to dry. Paint red stripes on the large white button to make it look like a peppermint.
- Once dry, lay 4 popsicle sticks side by side and glue them together. This is the base of the gingerbread house.
- Cut the tips of 3 popsicle sticks and glue them to make a triangle. Glue it to the top of the popsicle stick base to make the roof.
- Cut a triangle from the white construction paper to make the roof. Glue this on top of the triangle shaped popsicle stick to make the roof of the gingerbread house.
- Cut a small rectangle from the red felt paper for the door. Now, glue it at the bottom of the popsicle stick base to make the door.
- Now, stick colorful beads along the sides of the sloped roof and the bottom of the gingerbread house.
- Glue the large red and white painted button over the door and your gingerbread house is ready. Check out more popsicle stick crafts for kids.
This is one of the best DIY Christmas crafts for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a tissue paper wreath for Christmas: green tissue papers, a large circular wreath cutout, glue, pencil, 3 red pom poms, gold bow, and a red and gold ribbon.
- Punch two holes on the wreath cutout and lace the red and gold ribbon through it to hang the wreath.
- Using the pencil, scrunch up the tissue paper. Glue the tissue papers on the large circular wreath cutout. Ensure that you glue lots of papers together.
- Once the entire wreath form is covered with the tissue paper, glue the 3 pom poms to a side to make holly berries.
- Glue the gold ribbon to the top and your tissue paper wreath is ready to hang.
Osmo coding diy crafts and printables is a wonderful video, which teaches Christmas crafts for kids. You can make DIY ornaments to decorate your Christmas Tree or any other thing with this video. Check it out now!
Here’s another great example of Christmas crafts for kids to make at home.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a Christmas Gnome Ornament: Different colored felt paper sheets, tiny bells, small white pom poms, round wooden beads, yarn and needle.
- Cut small triangles from the felt paper and twist it into a cone to make a gnome’s pointy hat. Glue tiny bells to the tips of the hats.
- Now, glue the round wooden beads to the middle of the white pom poms to make the gnome’s nose.
- Finally, thread the yarn through the needle and use it to sew the gnome’s face (pom pom) to the hat.
- Tie a piece of yarn around the bell and hang it on the tree.
Making hats is one of the best Christmas crafts for kids
Here’s what you’ll need to make Christmas hats: a printable Christmas themed hats, a scissor and a glue.
- Take a printable Christmas hat.
- Then, cut along the edges of the hat.
- Fold the white tab in and stick it to inside of hat to make your Christmas hat.
There are different types of Christmas hats for kids given below.
Bunny Christmas Hat
Lion Christmas Hat
Bear Christmas Hat
Musician Christmas Hat
Grinch Christmas Hat
Here is a simple craft to help your little ones make a simple Christmas tree ornament.
Here’s what you’ll need to make cinnamon stick Christmas tree: 1 cinnamon stick, green ribbon, red button, twine, hot glue, and scissors
- First, cut 4 equal lengths of the green ribbon.
- Tie the ribbons on the cinnamon stick. Trim the ends of the first 3 ribbons to make it look like a Christmas tree. Ensure the ribbon at the top is the smallest.
- Glue a length of twine at the back of the cinnamon stick to hang the Christmas tree.
- Finally, glue a red button on top of the cinnamon stick to finish the cinnamon stick Christmas tree.
Try these easy Christmas crafts for kids to keep your kids entertained over the holidays. Art and craft enhance their thinking skills, imagination and creativity while they have fun. For more art activities for kids, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Christmas Crafts For Kids
What are some of the Christmas Crafts For Kids?
Some of the fun DIY Christmas Crafts For Kids are color paper Christmas tree, pom pom ornaments, reindeer decor items, Osmo’s masterpiece, tissue paper reindeer, Christmas wreath, etc.
What are the materials required for Osmo Coding DIY Crafts for Christmas Crafts For Kids?
The materials required for Osmo Coding DIY Crafts for Christmas Crafts For Kids are a paper, scissor, glue, scale and pencil.