Ch Words For Kids
Help Your Child Build Their Vocabulary And Reading Skills With This List Of Ch Words For Kids
Words are what help us read, write and communicate, so start teaching words for kids as soon as they can recognize the letters of the alphabet. Kids start learning to read words and simple sentences by the time they finish kindergarten. Good knowledge of phonics and an expansive vocabulary for kids helps children read uninterrupted. To read without trouble, kids also need to know how to recognize and pronounce words with consonant digraphs. Ch words for kids are an example of words with consonant digraphs.
A consonant digraph is a group of two or more consonants in a word that make one sound. Words that have ch, th, sh, etc are words with consonant digraphs. For example, chop, then, sharp, when, etc. Here is a list of Ch words for kids that will build your child’s word power. Before you teach your child words Ch words for kids, help them learn C words for kids.
Ch Words For Kids
Help your child improve their reading and writing skills by learning Ch words for kids. Here is a list of commonly used words that start with Ch for kids.
List of Ch Words For Kids
Ch Words For Kids In Kindergarten
By the time kids finish kindergarten, they know several words and can read simple sentences. Learning these words that start with Ch for kids in kindergarten will help the child speak and read more fluently. Additionally, it helps in developing their spelling and writing skills too. Here is a list of 4 letter and 5 letter Ch words for kids that will enrich their vocabulary.
4 Letter Words Starting With Ch
5 Letter Words Starting With Ch
Ch Words For Kids In Early Elementary School
By the time kids start grade 1 and grade 2, they know how to read small books and poems. They can confidently read some 5, 6 and 7 letter words that they use often. Here is a list of 6 and 7 letter ch words for kids, which will help them expand their vocabulary. Some of these words might be unfamiliar to the child, but it helps to learn the words and their meanings.
6 Letter Words That Starts With Ch
7 Letter Words That Begin With Ch
Words For Kids That Start With Ch In Upper Elementary School
Kids in upper elementary school should know how to read fluently and be able to recognize several words. Here is a list of common 8 and 9 letter words that start with Ch to improve your child’s word power. Some of these words are words they hear and use often in their daily lives.
8 Letter Words For Kids That Starts With Ch
9 letter Ch words for kids
Animal names that begin with Ch
Tips To Help Your Child Learn Ch Words For Kids
Help your child learn words that begin with Ch using these simple tips and tricks.
- Phonics: Learning the different sounds that the letters make helps children break down words and read them. This is why teaching phonics to children is so important. A systematic phonics instruction, where words are taught one sound at a time, helps children learn words faster. Explore Phonics Games For Kids.
Start by teaching children simple Ch words for kids, words that kids hear and use often like choose, cherry, chart, etc. Start with only words that start with Ch initially, then move on to other words with Ch like watch, butcher, satchel etc.,
- Visual cues and matching games: It helps kids to learn new words when you connect the words to images. Show your child images when you teach them words that begin with Ch to help them understand what the word means.
For example, teach your child the word chain by showing them pictures of a chain.
Games are a great way to keep children engaged in the learning process. Help your child learn new Ch words for kids using a matching game. Lay down several pictures of words that begin with Ch like chocolate, cherry, church, children etc. Place several pieces of paper with the words written on them on the opposite side. Then ask your child to match the image to the right word.
- Reading: Reading is a wonderful tool that helps children learn new words. Additionally, it also helps children learn to focus and develops their language skills too. Here are some amazing digraph Ch books you can read out to your child. Explore, Reading Games for Kids.
- The Chicken Sisters by Laura Numeroff
- Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo by Kevin Lewis
- Cheese Louise by David Michael Slater
Help your child read the story and ask them to circle all the Ch words they see.
- Crossword and word search puzzles: If your child is a reluctant learner, they won’t want to sit down for an hour of lessons. Instead, help them learn using learning games and activities like crossword puzzles and word search puzzles.
Help your child learn words for kids that start with Ch using crossword puzzles for kids or word search puzzles.
Looking for more fun activities and games to do with your child? Check Osmo for more activities, games and worksheets to aid in your kids learning – vocabulary for kids, reading games for kids and C words for kids.
Frequently Asked Questions on Ch Words For Kids
What are the Ch Words For Kids?
The Ch Words For Kids are channel, chop, chopper, chauffeur, chirp, cheer, cheering, cheerleader, chimpanzee, chemistry, chillies, cheese, chase, chariot, cheesecake, chivalry, charcoal, chandelier, children, charity, etc.
What are the five letter Ch Words For Kids?
The five letter Ch Words For Kids are child, chain, change, chair, chant, chart, chirp, chimp,, chose, check, chuck, chore, chord, chess, chili, etc.