Birds are beautiful looking species characterized by their colorful feathers and beak. Children always like to watch birds found around them. They even visit a zoo or a national park in order to see and learn about different kinds of birds. Children also enhance their knowledge on birds through drawing. This is the best way to expand their creativity and learn how to draw a bird effectively. Teaching bird drawing for kids helps them to develop their fine motor skills. Moreover, conducting art activities for kids enable children to express their thoughts and ideas in the form of drawing. Therefore, we’ve got you step-by-step instructions on how to draw a bird easily.
In this article, explore bird drawing for kids
- Bird Drawing for Kids: How to Draw Birds
- Free Printable Bird Drawing for Kids
- Benefits of Bird Drawing for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions on Bird Drawing for Kids
Drawing is something each and every child is fond of. But, they do require guidelines on drawing that are easy and understandable for kids. You can teach bird drawing for kids following the stepwise instructions in a systematic way. These instructions will help children to learn how to draw a bird easily. Besides this, conducting drawing games for kids on a regular basis will be extremely beneficial for them to learn drawing. To enhance your child’s creativity, you can follow the step-by-step guide to teach children how to draw a bird.
Bird Drawing for Kids: How to Draw Birds
Young children are very creative when it comes to drawing. They can express their imagination on paper very easily. However, they may find it difficult to draw a simple bird. In such cases, you need to provide stepwise instructions so that they can learn how to draw a bird. Also, provide materials required for children to draw a bird such as pencil, eraser, crayons, etc. Teaching bird drawing for kids not only helps them learn how to draw but also improves their knowledge on colors to make them look attractive. Let us dive into some of the steps to learn how to draw an easy bird for kids.
Bird Drawing for Kids: How to Draw a Parrot
There are different kinds of birds that we come across in our daily life, such as crow, sparrow, parrot, etc. If we talk about parrots, they are the most beautiful species found in the world. Parrots are smart and can imitate sounds. If you want your child to draw a parrot, you can check out the simple steps given below. Before that, you need to keep a sheet of paper, pencil, eraser and crayons for drawing.
- Step 1: Draw the head and body of a parrot on the sheet of paper.
- Step 2: Draw a tiny branch touching the body of a bird
- Step 3: Draw a tail extending from the branch of the tree.
- Step 4: Draw a tiny beak on the right side of the head.
- Step 5: Draw an oval-shaped eye behind the beak.
- Step 6: Draw a wing on the body of a bird.
- Step 7: Draw a pattern on the wings of a bird.
- Step 8: Draw webbed shaped feet touching the branch of a tree.
- Step 9: Draw a few leaves on the branch of a tree.
- Step 10: Erase fine lines and outline the image with a marker. And, finally, color the image using crayons and color pencils.
Bird Drawing for Kids: How to Draw an Eagle
Eagles are the most powerful and carnivorous species. They have long and sharp beaks which help in catching the prey. To draw a simple eagle, you can follow the stepwise instructions given below:
- Step 1: Draw two parallel lines on a sheet of paper appearing as a branch of a tree.
- Step 2: Draw an inverted U shaped body on the two parallel lines.
- Step 3: Draw a semicircle head on the top of the U shaped body.
- Step 4: Erase the fine lines which connect the head and body. Then, draw zigzag lines below the head for the bird’s feathers.
- Step 5: Now, draw a beak on the right side of the head.
- Step 6: Draw a small circle behind the beak for the bird’s eye.
- Step 7: Draw two lines in the middle of the left and right sides of the body as wing lines.
- Step 8: Draw two zigzag lines as claws between the wing lines on the branch.
- Step 9: Draw a tail as an extension from the branch of a tree.
- Step 10: Erase the fine lines and outline the image with a marker. Finally, color the image using crayons.
Free Printable Bird Drawing for Kids
Birds are warm-blooded species found across the world. Therefore, it is important for children to know the different varieties of birds that we see daily. Teach bird drawing for kids from an early age so that preschoolers and kindergarteners can learn how to draw a bird easily. You can also provide connect the dots worksheets so that kids can practice drawing following the dotted lines. You can download a printable bird drawing for kids given below. These printables will provide you with step-by-step tutorials on how to draw a bird. Here are a few printable bird drawings for kids given below:
Explore stepwise instructions to draw a bird
Learn how to draw a bird
Benefits of Bird Drawing for Kids
Some of the benefits of bird drawing for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops imagination and creativity skills.
- Enables children to express their ideas in the form of drawings.
- Improves concentration and motivation to learn and practice drawing.
- Increases knowledge on birds in children.
- Develops visualization skills.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in children.
To improve your child’s creativity, explore activities, games and worksheets on the kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bird Drawing for Kids
What is a bird drawing for kids?
Bird drawing for kids is an excellent way to teach children how to draw a bird using the stepwise instructions. These instructions are easy for children to follow in order to draw a beautiful bird.
What are the benefits of a bird drawing for kids?
The benefits of a bird drawing for kids is that it helps children to enhance their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. Most importantly, children will develop compassion for birds. It also helps children to expand their creativity and imagination skills.