What do you call the force applied on a wall showing no movement and kicking a football that changes its position from one place to another? It is a balanced and unbalanced force where the former is exerting a balanced force without any movement while the latter changes its direction or position when a force is acting on it. You can download balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets for children to teach the difference between the two forces. These science worksheets are excellent tools for children to learn physics lessons with interesting exercises.
Sometimes, kids might not understand the concept unless you provide them with an exciting tool to learn from. They need activities that create interest in children to pay attention to learning. The best way to teach balanced and unbalanced forces would be to provide worksheets for kids to practice the concept of forces easily. You can use different balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets to keep them engaged and occupied in learning.
Check science worksheets related articles:
|Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet||Water Cycle Worksheet|
|Body Part Worksheet||5 Senses Worksheet|
|States of Matter Worksheet||Earth Day Worksheets|
|Seasons Worksheets||Parts of a Plant Worksheets|
Free Printable Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Worksheets
To teach the difference between balanced and unbalanced forces, you need to explain them using real-life examples. Besides this, you can also conduct science experiments for kids to demonstrate how balanced and unbalanced forces work. Once they understand the concept, they can replicate it in their worksheets. Some free printable balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets are given below:
Label the images on the worksheet given below.
Choose the correct answer on the worksheet given below.
Cut and paste the images on their respective boxes on the worksheet.
Types of Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Worksheets for Kids
The types of balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Cut and paste the images: Kids need to cut and paste the images related to balanced and unbalanced forces in the space provided. They need to carefully look at the images and paste them into their respective areas on the worksheets. This activity creates a fun learning environment for children.
- Choose the correct answer: In this worksheet, kids need to choose the correct answer from the given options. They need to look at the images and guess the balanced or unbalanced forces exerted on them. With this worksheet, they learn to recognize and differentiate the kind of forces acting on it.
- Label the images: In this particular worksheet, kids need to write the name of the forces acting on it below their respective images, such as balanced and unbalanced forces. This activity helps them understand the concept of balanced and unbalanced forces effectively.
- Write examples of forces: In this worksheet, kids need to write a few examples of balanced and unbalanced forces. With this activity, you can assess their understanding and knowledge of balanced and unbalanced forces acting on an object or a body. This worksheet helps them develop their grammar and writing skills. Also, explore grammar worksheets for kids.
Check other worksheets related articles:
Difference between Balanced and Unbalanced Forces
Kids must get acquainted with the definitions of balanced and unbalanced forces before understanding their difference. When an object does not change its position or remain at rest when the force is applied is called balanced force. An unbalanced force is when an object moves from one place to another when the force is applied to it. The difference between balanced and unbalanced forces are mentioned below:
|Balanced Force||Unbalanced Force|
|They are equal in magnitude||They are unequal in magnitude|
|The object does not move when a force is applied to it||The object moves when a force is applied to it|
Examples of Balanced and Unbalanced Forces
|Balanced Force||Unbalanced Force|
|Pushing a wall of a room||Pushing a car|
|A ball floating in the water tub||Playing see-saw in the park|
|A book kept on a table||Kicking a football in the match|
|A person sitting on a chair||Pushing a carton box on the road|
|An apple hanging from a tree||An apple falling from the tree|
|Playing tug of war when no one is pulling the rope||Playing tug of war in the ground when people try to pull a rope towards them|
|A person doing a headstand in the backyard||Hitting a baseball with a bat|
|A key hanging on the wall||Turning the vehicle in the parking area.|
Benefits of Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Worksheets
The benefits of using balanced and unbalanced worksheets are mentioned below:
- It helps engage children: Kids might become distracted if the learning environment is not engaging. Therefore, worksheets play a vital role in keeping children busy and active with innovative exercises and activities to learn balanced and unbalanced forces.
- It improves their grades: Worksheets help children learn one of the crucial concepts of science and helps to improve their academic performance. They can confidently answer the questions related to the concept of balanced and unbalanced forces once they learnt with the help of these worksheets.
- It helps identify learning gaps: Worksheets enable children to identify their strengths and weaknesses in learning. They can understand the concept and examples of balanced and unbalanced forces easily with these worksheets. They work on improving their weak areas while practicing the worksheets.
- It tracks children’s performance: Once your children learn the concept of balanced and unbalanced forces, you can conduct an assessment using worksheets. You can assess their performance and keep track of their progress in understanding the concept. This worksheet helps them work on their weaknesses and perform better next time.
We hope this article on balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets was useful to you. To learn more about activities, worksheets and games, explore literacy games for kids, puzzles for kids, kids learning sections at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Worksheets
What are the balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets?
Balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets are a great way to learn the difference between the forces and the real-life examples that help children to have a better understanding of the concept.
What are the benefits of balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets?
The benefits of balanced and unbalanced forces worksheets for kids enable them to recognize and understand the difference between the two forces. They engage themselves in learning new concepts in science and upgrade their knowledge for better academic performance.