A triangle is a geometric figure that is formed when three straight lines meet. The triangles have three corners and three sides. These corners are also known as angles, and the point where two sides meet is called the vertex. The base of this geometric figure can be one of the three sides, which is the bottom side. Kids find it easy to learn about the area of a triangle when they are taught with the help of a triangle worksheet. The area of a triangle worksheet helps children get a precise understanding of the concepts and theories involved in geometry easily.
- Free Printable Area of a Triangle Worksheet
- What is an Area of a Triangle?
- Types of Area of a Triangle Worksheet
- Benefits of Area of a Triangle Worksheet for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions on Area of a Triangle Worksheet
In addition, parents and teachers can introduce little ones to math worksheets for kids, available online. These worksheets are fun-filled and support young children to comprehend the fundamentals of mathematics easily. Moreover, for the kids to learn and remember about the area of a triangle, it is essential to provide them with the worksheets of the area of a triangle. Here are the worksheets that help kids understand all about triangles.
Free Printable Area of a Triangle Worksheet
Geometry and trigonometry are important part of math lessons for children. The world around us is full of things that are triangular in shape. With the help of an area of a triangle worksheet, kids can enhance their knowledge and math skills for better learning outcomes. Learn how to find the area of a triangle using worksheets for kids given below.
Write the answer for an area of triangle on the worksheet
Use example to calculate the area of a triangle on the worksheet
Calculate the area of a right triangle
Calculate the area of a triangle in decimals.
What is an Area of a Triangle?
In simple words, the area of a triangle is one half of the area of a rectangle. Hence, the area of a triangle is derived from the formula A = ½ bh, where A stands for Area, B stands for Base, and H stands for Height of a triangle. When parents and teachers teach kids the concept of the area of a triangle, they might find it challenging to grasp the idea. Hence, the area of a triangle worksheet answers help them in learning the mathematical concepts quickly. Here is the area of a triangle used in various concepts of mathematics given below:
Area of a Triangle Using Trigonometry
Now that kids know how to find a triangle’s area with the help of the area of a triangle worksheet, it is time to learn some advanced geometry concepts. But, before that, engage children in fun activities and learning games like math games for kids and math activities. These mathematical games and activities are the best ways to keep the little minds engaged in learning for an extended period. For example, the formula of the area of a triangle using Trig (Trigonometry) is as follows:
Activities to Teach Area of a Triangle to Kids
Along with the area of a triangle worksheet, parents and teachers must include activities during the class hours. These activities play a vital role in engaging the little children in learning the concepts by having fun. Moreover, parents can involve children in math facts games to help them remember the lessons. Giving real-life examples and involving them in the situations that help them learn mathematical concepts is one suggested activity. Hence, here are a few activities that help teach the area of a triangle to little children.
- Scavenger Hunt: Let kids find the area of a triangle by playing scavenger hunt.
- Triangle shaped objects
- Dry erase markers
- Dry erase board
How to Play?
- Firstly, divide the class into two teams and provide them with the above-mentioned materials.
- Then, let the kids go around the classroom and school searching for triangle shaped objects. Once they see any triangle-shaped object, they must make a note of its height and base.
- Later, when kids are back in the classroom, give them markers and papers.
- Finally, kids must construct a triangle based on the base and height noted during the scavenger hunt activity. The team that completes first is the winner.
- Base x Height: Construction workers use this tool to cut siding for buildings. On the other hand, fashion designers use it for measuring fabric for accessories or clothes. It is one of the activities to find the area of a triangle. When little ones learn how to find the triangle’s area with the help of the area of a triangle worksheet, involve them in measuring the base and height of any triangular object they use daily.
Check math related articles:
|Multiplication Table for Kids||Classifying Triangle Worksheet|
|Math Problems for Kids||Math Games for Kids|
Types of Area of a Triangle Worksheet
The different area of a triangle worksheet for kids are mentioned below:
- Find the area of a triangle: In this worksheet, kids must understand the equation and calculate the area of a triangle using the formula. This worksheet helps them learn and attain mastery in solving problems related to the area of a triangle.
- Calculate right-angled triangle: In this worksheet, a series of right-angled triangles are given. Kids need to calculate the area of the right angled triangle on the worksheet. They learn about the difference between other angled triangles and make fast calculations related to the right angled triangle.
- Calculate area of triangle using examples: In this worksheet, kids can see the example and learn the step to calculate the area of a triangle. They can use the formula mentioned in the worksheet to find the area of a triangle for accurate results. This helps them solve geometrical problems easily.
Benefits of Area of a Triangle Worksheet
The benefits of area of a triangle worksheet are mentioned below:
- Builds knowledge: Area of a triangle worksheet enables kids to attain mastery in the concept effectively. They improve their knowledge and steps to calculate the area of a triangle with accurate results.
- Creates an interest in children: Worksheets are an effective tool to engage children in learning for a longer period of time. They like to concentrate on learning important concepts required for their academic excellence.
- Identifies learning gaps: Kids identify their strengths and weaknesses while practicing worksheets. They analyze their weak areas and improvise to get better with the concept they are learning.
We hope this article on the area of a triangle worksheet for kids was useful to you. For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our math for kids and kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Area of a Triangle Worksheet
What is the area of a triangle worksheet?
The area of a triangle worksheet is an excellent tool to calculate the area of a triangle with engaging exercises for better understanding and learning experience.
What are the benefits of an area of a triangle worksheet?
The benefits of the area of a triangle worksheet are that it helps kids to learn the mathematical concept systematically. They develop understanding and engage themselves in practicing the area of a triangle worksheet.