Are your children familiar with the habitats of their favorite animals? If not, let us provide an opportunity for kids to learn about the places where they live. Animals live in a place or region where they can adapt to their environment. The animal body is accustomed to the climate conditions, temperature and other characteristics of the place they live in. You can download animal habitats worksheets for kids to learn about the regions where they live. These worksheets for kids are a great way to enhance their knowledge of animal habitats.
Children love watching animals and playing with them. They show love and compassion for their furry friends. Besides learning about the classification and characteristics of animals, they must also learn about their habitats or the places where they live, grow and reproduce. Animals are usually found in the oceans, grasslands, forests, mountains, etc. They adapt to the weather conditions of the region they live in. The science worksheets enable them to practice and revise information they have learned on animal habitats.
Check science worksheets related articles:
|Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet||Water Cycle Worksheet|
|Body Part Worksheet||5 Senses Worksheet|
|States of Matter Worksheet||Earth Day Worksheets|
|Seasons Worksheets||Parts of a Plant Worksheets|
Free Printable Animal Habitats Worksheets
To help your little budding scientist learn about animal habitats, you need to provide them with easy and engaging worksheets for kids. These worksheets help them practice different exercises on animal habitats. Must say! These worksheets are not monotonous nor have similar questions that can disengage students from learning. Instead, these worksheets have a variety of exercises for keeping children on their toes to practice and learn about their favorite animals. Some printable animal worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
Match the animals with their habitats on the worksheet
Help your children match the animals with their habitats on the worksheet given below. With this, kids understand the habitat of the animals easily.
Cut and paste the animals to the place where they belong
Check out the cut and paste animals habitats worksheet given below. In this worksheet, kids need to cut the given images at the bottom of the worksheet and paste it on the image where they belong.
Write the names of the animals as per their habitats in the space provided
Help your children learn about the habitats of the animals using the worksheets given below. Kids need to write the list of animals that belong to each of the habitats mentioned in the columns below.
Types of Animal Habitats Worksheets for Kids
The different types of animal habitats worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Matching worksheets: In this worksheet, kids need to match the animals with their habitats. This activity helps them recognize the habitats of animals, such as grassland, wetlands, forests, mountains, arctic and antarctic regions.
- Cut and paste worksheets: In this worksheet: kids need to cut and paste the images of the animals to their respective habitats. This is a fun activity to teach animal habitats to children. They enjoy the activity and gain knowledge at the same time.
- Labeling worksheets: In this worksheet, you need to allow kids to label the images of the habitats of animals on the space provided. They can carefully look into the images and write the names of the animals where they belong.
- Coloring worksheets: In this worksheet, you can encourage children to color the habitats of their favorite animals. In this way, they learn to understand the animals and the place where they live. Besides this, young children enhance their coloring skills and improve their knowledge of animal habitats.
- Fill in the blanks worksheets: In this worksheet on animal habitats, kids must fill in the blanks of the sentences. For example, the habitat of a camel is _______. The answer is Desert. Similarly, kids must answer all the questions mentioned in the worksheet. With this, they learn to recall or remember the information and improve their spelling skills. Explore spelling activities for kids.
Types of Animal Habitats
The different types of animal habitats are mentioned below:
- Grasslands: This is the region where small and larger grasses grow. Many animals live in the grasslands, such as zebras, lions, rhinos, deer, etc.
- Desert: This is the region where water is scarce with no vegetation. The animals living in the desert are prone to hot temperatures and easily adapt themselves to weather conditions. The most common animal that you find in this region is the camel.
- Mountains: This is the region where you find the weather conditions extremely cold. Most animals living in this region adapt themselves to these conditions. The animals living in this habitat are bears, mountain goats, antelopes, etc.
- Oceans: The oceans cover about 71 percent of the Earth’s surface. Many animals living in the oceans adapt to the marine environment easily. They develop gills as respiratory organs to breathe underwater. Some animals living in the oceans are blue whales, sharks, starfish, turtles, etc.
- Forests: This is the habitat where you find many animals living under the trees and around the bushes. Some animals living in these forests are monkeys, elephants, tigers, snakes, gorillas, etc.
Benefits of Animal Habitats Worksheets for Kids
The benefits of animal habitats worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- It increases the knowledge of animal habitats for children.
- It creates a fun and entertaining learning environment for children.
- It boosts the confidence of children to learn something new.
- It increases the retention of the information they are learning.
- It helps identify the strengths and weaknesses of children towards learning the concept.
We hope this article on animal habitats worksheets was useful to you. To learn more about activities, worksheets and games, explore literacy games for kids, puzzles for kids, kids learning sections at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Animal Habitats Worksheets
What are the animal habitats worksheets?
The animal habitats worksheets for kids are a great tool to learn about the places where the animals live, grow and reproduce. Kids learn about the habitats of animals through different kinds of worksheets, such as coloring, labeling, matching, etc.
What are the benefits of animal habitats worksheets?
The benefits of animal habitats worksheets for kids are that it enables them to increase their knowledge of animal habitats creatively. Most importantly, it engages children and keeps them involved in learning about places where their favorite animals live.