Air Pollution Essay In English For Kids
Air pollution is the presence of harmful substances in the air that affects humans and the environment. The pollutants which are present in the air have adverse effects on health and climate change. It not only affects human health but also the flora, fauna, and other natural resources. What can be the cause of air pollution? It is basically caused due to the release of poisonous gas from petroleum, automobiles, burning coal and wood, metallurgical processing, chemical fertilizers, etc. The gases released are harmful to the environment and ultimately impact the respiratory system of humans.
Is there any effect of air pollution? Yes, it releases harmful gases in the atmosphere such as particulate matter, carbon monoxide, sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, aerosols, and other automobile exhaust gases. Due to this, there are severe health issues reported among humans and animals. They are exposed to respiratory problems, asthma, and other chronic ailments. Most of the air inhaled is contaminated with harmful chemicals and gases. This leads to global warming, forest fires, and other natural disasters.
How can we prevent air pollution? We have to take stringent measures to overcome this problem. It is very important for us to control air pollution by reducing the release of harmful gases from the industries, using pollution-free fuels for transport, recycling wastes, growing more plants, and increasing afforestation. Although we have increased the level of air pollution to a drastic level, we can still find different ways to reduce the pollutants. We can work together to breathe fresh air and protect the environment for future generations.
Causes of Air Pollution
There were times when the air we used to breathe was pure and fresh. Sadly, the poisonous gases are polluting the air in far-reaching ways. The factors that contribute to air pollution are mentioned below:
- Concentration of gases in the environment makes the air toxic.
- Burning of fossil fuels and firewoods.
- Deforestation and cutting down trees.
- Release of toxic gases in the atmosphere such as aerosols, oxides of nitrogen, carbon and sulphur.
- Poisonous gases released from the industries.
- Release of chlorofluorocarbons in the atmosphere
- Release of industrial, agricultural and thermal wastes.
Effects Of Air Pollution
Do you feel suffocated while inhaling automobile smoke? It is because the smoke or air that you inhale is polluted. Needless to say, air pollution has severe effects on living creatures and the environment. It is responsible for chronic diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory disorders. It has adverse effects on health and the well-being of people. Apart from this, deforestation and cutting of trees block the natural and fresh air required for breathing.
How to Prevent Air Pollution?
To overcome this issue, we need to bring out well-planned strategies. We should take stringent measures to combat air pollution in an effective way. It is better to replace hazardous substances with natural components to eliminate toxic gases. A few ways to reduce air pollution are mentioned below:
- Development of policies and agreements to reduce air pollution in the industries, factories and other small scale industries.
- Afforestation: To increase the level of oxygen in the air, you should plant more trees in the neighborhood and surrounding areas.
- Prohibit deforestation: It is important to stop deforestation in order to increase the quality of air in the atmosphere.
- Use of pollution free fuel: Formulate policies for eco-friendly gases such as bio gas, LPG and other eco friendly fuels. Also, you can restrict the use of fossil fuels.
We all need to stand together and help each other to reduce air pollution in the atmosphere. To give a safe and healthy life to our future generations, we need to follow the rules and take necessary measures to prevent air pollution.
We hope this air pollution essay was useful to you. Check Osmo’s essays for kids for more essays on a wide variety of topics.
Frequently Asked Questions On Air Pollution
What is an air pollution essay?
It is a short write-up on air pollution and its causes, effects, and measures to prevent pollution in the atmosphere.
What are the ways to reduce air pollution?
To reduce air pollution in the atmosphere, you can plant more trees, use pollution-free fuels, save energy, reduce the release of harmful gases from the industries.
What are the effects of air pollution?
The effects of air pollution are chronic respiratory disorders and other natural disasters.