Learning Activities for 3 Year Olds
Daily activities for kids are an important part of parenting. As parents, you need to be involved with your child in their growth and development. 3 year olds are in the phase of learning new skills, which include motor skills, coordination and communication skills, etc. In order to work on your child’s social skills, you need to spend time with them and indulge them in some activities for 3 year olds.
Figuring out the right activity for 3 year olds sounds like an easy job but it isn’t. You need to pay close attention to what your kid likes or dislikes. You need to also keep in mind what a 3 year old knows. Teaching 3 year olds is difficult. Their learning can happen through some educational activities for 3 year olds. You would know what to teach a 3 year old at home when you indulge in different activities for 3 year olds.
There are many daily activities that not only entertain your little one but also aid in holistic development. Given below are some everyday fun activities for 3 year olds.
- Play with dolls: Playing with dolls is a favorite pastime for many 3 year olds. You and your little one can play with dolls together and dress them up.
- Doodle with markers on a sheet: Doodling can help children develop fine motor skills. They would learn to hold the markers in their hands and scribble. This will make their hand muscles stronger. Parents can also doodle with their children which will encourage them to do better.
- Involve in reading activities: It is important that you read to your child so that they can learn new words every day. Reading storybooks at bedtime is an activity that you must include in your kid’s routine. Explore Reading games for kids to make reading activities more interesting.
- Look at family photos: You can show the family photo albums to your kids. Let them recognize the people in the photos.
- Take a walk together: Going on a walk with your kid is a great form of exercise. This activity must be done daily for the physical development of your child.
- Build something with playdough: Playing with playdough is an exciting way to learn how to create something. You can teach your kid how to work with clay.
- Play with watercolors: You and your kid can paint with watercolors together. You can help them identify different colors. It might get a little messy but such an activity is worth the mess. Also, Explore benefits of Learning Colors For Toddlers.
- Eat meals outside: Once in a while, you need to take your kids out for lunch or dinner. Family outings like these rejuvenate your child and help in emotional development.
- Play outdoor sports: Teach your kids how to play with a bat ball, how to throw and catch the ball, etc. This is a great form of physical activity.
- Water plants: Kids observe and learn from what you do on a daily basis. Involve them in watering plants.
- Dance together: Dancing with your kid is among the fun things to do with a 3 year old.
- Involve your kid in the kitchen: The kitchen is the best place where your kid can feel the different textures. Let your kid pretend to cook while you are in the kitchen.
- Click pictures together: Capturing moments with your little one is something you will always cherish. Make funny poses and facial expressions and click pictures.
- Cuddle: Cuddling with your little munchkin may already be your favorite activity of the day.
- Play hide and seek: Hide and seek is one of the fun indoor activities for 3 year olds.
- Make handicrafts: Do some craftwork together using paper, glue, glitters, etc. Create wall hangings, photo frames, and many such handicrafts together.
- Make paper collages: Making collages is one of the best art-related activities for 3 year olds at home.
- Play with stamps: Get free printable postage stamps and pretend to play.
- Take your kids to the beach: Kids love to play with water and that’s why taking your kid to a nearby beach sounds like a perfect day plan!
- Junk art: Kids can build a tower or any other 3-D structure using only recycling materials.
- Solve puzzles: Wondering what should 3 year olds know educationally? Help your kid in solving rebus puzzles for kids, jigsaw puzzles, word search puzzles for kids, picture puzzles, etc. that will help in brain development.
- Have a tea party: Kids can dress up and organize a pretend-to-play tea party for parents and friends.
Activities for 3 Year Olds at Osmo
Osmo is a platform where you can find games for kids of different age groups. Fun activities for 3 year olds at Osmo include the following games:
Little Genius Sticks & Rings (ABCs & Squiggle Magic)
The game includes a silicone play mat, 38 silicone sticks and rings, stackable storage, and 2 game apps called ABCs and Squiggle Magic. In ABCs, the kids can build letters with silicone sticks and rings. They can also create something and watch it come to life on the screen. This game improves creativity and fine motor skills.
Little Genius Costume Pieces (Stories & Costume Party)
Little Genius Costume Pieces include 19 costume pieces, stackable storage, 2 game apps- costume party and stories. Kids can have a costume party in which they can experiment with different colors and clothes. Also, they can mix and match costumes and be a part of adventure stories.
If you are looking for fun things to do with a 3 year old, you must go through the list of activities given above. These activities when performed together with your child help you in bonding with your kid. Parents would agree that playing with their kids and indulging in such daily activities are so much fun. However, it is completely okay if your kid wants to play alone at times. There is no need for parents to entertain their kids all the time.
Children of the age group of 2 to 5 learn every skill through play and fun activities. Hence, it is important for them to participate in daily activities for 3 year olds at home. These everyday activities are not only good for 3 year olds but are also great for older kids too!