Activities for 3 Year Olds
Best Learning Activities For 3 Year Olds
Daily activities for kids are an important part of parenting. As parents, you need to be involved with your child in their growth and development. We all know that 3 year olds are in the phase of learning new skills, which includes development of fine motor skills, coordination, communication skills, etc. In order to work on your child’s social skills, you need to spend time with them and indulge them in some activities for 3 year olds. There are some best learning activities for 3 year olds which can develop their cognitive skills. You can conduct activities for kids at home as per their needs and interests.
What should a 3 year old know? For that, you need to figure out the right activity for 3 year olds. It might sound like an easy job but it isn’t. You need to pay close attention to what your kid likes or dislikes. You need to also keep in mind what to teach a 3 year old at home. Teaching 3 year olds is difficult. Their learning can happen through some educational activities for 3 year olds. You should conduct learning activities for 3 year olds in a creative and engaging way. Besides this, educational toys for kids so that they can develop their interest towards learning.
Interesting And Fun Activities For 3 Year Olds
There are many daily activities that not only entertain your little one but also aid in holistic development. You might wonder what things to do with a 3 year old. Isn’it? Not to forget, there are some best games for 3 year olds. Most importantly, activities have to be designed based on what should a 3 year old know educationally. Apart from this, explore indoor games for kids so that you can engage them thoroughly. Given below are some everyday fun activities for 3 year olds.
List Of Activities For 3 Year Olds
- Play with dolls: Playing with dolls is a favorite pastime for many 3 year olds. You and your little one can play with dolls together and dress them up. This creates a lot of excitement among kids.
- Doodle with markers on a sheet: Doodling can help children develop fine motor skills. They would learn to hold the markers in their hands and scribble. This will make their hand muscles stronger. Parents can also doodle with their children which will encourage them to do better. It might sound messy but eventually it will engage kids in some kind of activity.
- Involve in reading activities: It is important that you read to your child so that they can learn new words every day. Reading storybooks at bedtime is an activity that you must include in your kid’s routine. Explore Reading games for kids to make reading activities more interesting. Read short stories and poems along with visually appealing images that attracts kids to listen to you.
- Look at family photos: You can show the family photo albums to your kids. Let them recognize the people in the photos. Ask them to call out their names and the relationship they have with your family. This will enable them to know everyone at home.
- Take a walk together: Going on a walk with your kid is a great form of exercise. This activity must be done daily for the physical development of your child. Kids especially love nature walks. You can take them to a garden or any beautiful place where they can see animals, birds, trees, water resources, etc.
- Little Genius Costume Pieces (Stories & Costume Party): Little Genius Costume Pieces include 19 costume pieces, stackable storage, 2 game apps- costume party and stories. Kids can have a costume party in which they can experiment with different colors and clothes. Also, they can mix and match costumes and be a part of adventure stories.
- Build something with playdough: Playing with playdough is an exciting way to learn how to create something. You can teach your kid how to work with clay. Kids can learn alphabets, shapes or any structure they would like to make.
- Play with watercolors: You and your kid can paint with watercolors together. You can help them identify different colors. It might get a little messy but such an activity is worth the mess. Also, Explore benefits of Learning Colors For Toddlers. Give a sheet of paper or worksheets that consist of any drawing that they can color. They love attractive colors and want to involve themselves in such activities.
- Eat meals outside: Once in a while, you need to take your kids out for lunch or dinner. Family outings like these rejuvenate your child and help in emotional development. Kids like to eat different things that suit their taste buds. You can take kids to some cool food joints occasionally to enjoy delicious food they like to have.
- Play outdoor sports: Teach your kids how to play with a bat ball, how to throw and catch the ball, etc. This is a great form of physical activity. You might think of games to play with 3 year olds, but the best option would be to take them out for any sports activity. It will engage them totally and improve their physical strength at the same time.
- Water plants: Kids observe and learn from what you do on a daily basis. Involve them in watering plants. You need to teach the importance of plants in our world. Start doing it by encouraging them to water their plants regularly. This is one of the fun activities for 3 year olds.
- Dance together: Dancing with your kid is among the fun things to do with a 3 year old. Who doesn’t like dancing? Kids especially love to dance anytime and anywhere. Just play the music and allow your child to shake their leg.
- Little Genius Sticks & Rings (ABCs & Squiggle Magic): The game includes a silicone play mat, 38 silicone sticks and rings, stackable storage, and 2 game apps called ABCs and Squiggle Magic. In ABCs, the kids can build letters with silicone sticks and rings. They can also create something and watch it come to life on the screen. This game improves creativity and fine motor skills.
- Involve your kid in the kitchen: The kitchen is the best place where your kid can feel the different textures. Let your kid pretend to cook while you are in the kitchen. Whenever kids watch their mom cooking in the kitchen, they do feel like joining.
- Click pictures together: Capturing moments with your little one is something you will always cherish. Make funny poses and facial expressions and click pictures. Anyways, they love to pose for the pictures. Dress them in nice clothes and click pictures for personal memories.
- Cuddle: Cuddling with your little munchkin may already be your favorite activity of the day. All you have to do is just spend a lot of time with your little ones to make them feel all yours.
- Play hide and seek: Hide and seek is one of the fun indoor activities for 3 year olds. Kids love to run around the house and neighborhood. Why not play this game to keep them physically active.
- Make handicrafts: Do some craftwork together using paper, glue, glitters, etc. Create wall hangings, photo frames, and many such handicrafts together. Conduct crafts for kids where they can make creative and innovative things.
- Make paper collages: Making collages is one of the best art-related activities for 3 year olds at home. Assist kids in cutting images or pictures that they want to make collage with. Teach them to stick the pictures on the paper.
- Play with stamps: Get free printable postage stamps and pretend to play.
- Take your kids to the beach: Kids love to play with water and that’s why taking your kid to a nearby beach sounds like a perfect day plan.
- Junk art: Kids can build a tower or any other 3-D structure using only recycling materials.
- Solve puzzles: Wondering what should 3 year olds know educationally? Help your kid in solving rebus puzzles for kids, jigsaw puzzles, word search puzzles for kids, picture puzzles, etc. that will help in brain development.
- Have a tea party: Kids can dress up and organize a pretend-to-play tea party for parents and friends.
- Build blocks: Kids like to play with building blocks. They would construct structures with it. Besides this, you can also teach them numbers or alphabets using these building blocks.
- Draw with your kids: Teach kids how to hold pencil and draw any images that they would like to do. You may not find it meaningful but what they create is the starting point of their learning journey. The scribbles also look amazingly beautiful and therefore, you need to encourage them to draw.
- Play with water: Kids enjoy playing with water whenever they get the chance. Sometimes, you can allow littles ones to enjoy their pool time and have fun.
If you are looking for fun things to do with a 3 year old, you must go through the list of activities given above. These activities when performed together with your child help you in bonding with your kid. Parents would agree that playing with their kids and indulging in such daily activities are so much fun. However, it is completely okay if your kid wants to play alone at times. There is no need for parents to entertain their kids all the time.
Children of the age group of 2 to 5 learn every skill through play and fun activities. Hence, it is important for them to participate in daily activities for 3 year olds at home. These everyday activities are not only good for 3 year olds but are also great for older kids too.
Benefits Of Educational Activities For 3 Year Olds
Some of the benefits of games to play with a 3 year old are mentioned below:
- Strengthens and improves physical health.
- Maintains good metabolism of their body.
- Develops cognitive and fine motor skills.
- Improves eye to hand coordination.
- Maintains physical, emotional and social well being.
- Imparts knowledge on various topics.
- Improves academic performance.
- Builds interpersonal relationships with others.
Frequently Asked Questions on Activities for 3 Year Olds
What are the Activities for 3 Year Olds?
The Activities for 3 Year Olds are engaging kids in house hold activities and grocery shopping, allowing them to water the plants, asking them about the objects that they see while playing outdoor games, clicking photos for making memories, solving crossword puzzles and playing with toys.
What are the advantages of Activities for 3 Year Olds?
The advantages of Activities for 3 Year Olds are that they foster kids to build social and interpersonal skills, maintain good relationships with their friends and families, improves their thinking skills by engaging them in activities, and building positive thinking abilities among kids.