Check List Of 5 Letter Words Starting With J
The letter j makes the sound /juh/ in words like Jelly, Jewel, Judge, etc. It is the tenth letter of the alphabet in English language. There are many words that start with j, that we use often in our day to day lives. Therefore, it is important that you teach j words for kids to expand their vocabulary skills. Once they have learned these words for kids, focus on teaching 5 letter words that start with j. To help you with this, we’ve compiled a list of 5 letter words that start with j for kids.
But kids aren’t usually interested in learning vocabulary words for kids. The best way to pique their interest and keep them engaged in their learning is to use creative and innovative learning activities. Design activities based on their needs and interests and use these activities to help them learn 5 letter words that start with J. This will help them learn new words, which will help them improve their vocabulary and their academic and professional goals.
A List Of 5 Letter Words Starting With J
Here is a list of 5 letter words that start with j for kids:
Examples Of 5 Letter Words Thats Start With J
To enhance the learning experience of kids, you can teach 5 letter words that start with j in the form of sentences. This will lead to better understanding of the words and their meanings. Here are some examples to help you get started:
- Do you want to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
- My grandmother has severe joint pain.
- The joker makes everyone laugh.
- Kids are always in a jolly mood.
- The strawberries are very juicy.
- Put on your jeans and your t-shirt, we’re going out.
- My friend cracks a lot of jokes.
How To Teach 5 Letter Words That Start With J?
Needless to say, we all use vocabulary words in our day to day life to communicate with others effectively. If the words are chosen wrong, there are chances of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Therefore, you must teach vocabulary words to kids in a simple and understandable way for better communication. Once the kids are well versed with 3 letter words starting with j, you can plan engaging activities to teach 5 letter words. Some of the activities that help in learning vocabulary words are mentioned below:
- Crafts: Allow kids to create a collage with 5 letter words that start with j. You can ask them to cut and paste the words from the newspaper and articles on the sheet. Apart from this, they can make it presentable using colorful images and crayons. By doing this, kids will be able to explore and come up with creative ideas to make the collage. Moreover, conducting crafts for kids enhances their creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Flashcards: Convert 5 letter words that start with j such as jelly, joker, judge, jewel, etc in the form of images in the flashcards. Now, distribute these flashcards to the kids and ask them to recognise and write down the words depicting those images. With this, kids will be able to recognise the words correctly and at the same time retain them in their memory for a long time. Besides this, they will be able to read and write effectively.
- Filling the missing letters: Apart from recognition, kids should be able to spell the words correctly in order to enhance their reading and writing skills. There are worksheets for kids available online that will help in practicing vocabulary words. You can provide worksheets for filling the missing letters. This activity will help kids to learn the spellings of the words that start with j. For example,
Also, explore word search puzzles for kids.
- J _ K E R
- J E _ L Y
- J U M _ O
- J _ W _ L
- Jeans rhymes with beans
- Jacks rhymes with sacks
- Judge rhymes with fudge
- Jelly rhymes with belly
- Jumpy rhymes with bumpy
- It is made from denim cloth and all the boys and girls love wearing it. What is it? (Answer: Jeans)
- It is a liquid syrup extracted from fruits like oranges, grapefruits etc. What is it? (Answer: Juice)
Frequently Asked Questions on 5 Letter Words That Start With J
What are the 5 Letter Words That Start With J?
Some of the 5 Letter Words That Start With J are jelly, juice, juicy, jeeps, jokes, joker, jaded, jolly, jeans, Jesus, jewel, jumpy, etc.
What are the examples of 5 Letter Words That Start With J in a sentence?
The example of 5 Letter Words That Start With J in a sentence is, He is a joker, Amy love jelly, Jack’s friend cracks a lot of jokes and Children will be jolly while playing.