Make Learning The 4 Multiplication Table A Breeze With This Chart And Simple Tricks
It’s time to learn the 4 times table. Once your child learns the multiplication table of 4, they’ll be able to solve arithmetic problems quickly. Learning the multiplication tables 1 – 10 is important, it helps us save time when solving multiplication and division problems. Before they learn the 4 times table, ensure that your child has memorized the lower times table.
Multiplication is one of the basic mathematical operations that we use everyday. Learning how to multiply is an important part of a child’s early education. One of the easiest ways to learn how to multiply is to learn the multiplication tables. Has your little one mastered the lower multiplication tables for kids?
If yes, then it’s time to take the learning up a notch and teach your child the 4 times table. Once the lower multiplication tables have been mastered, your child will be slowly getting used to switching between columns. But a few kids could still be struggling. Here is a chart that will help your child learn the 4 multiplication table easily.
4 Times Tables Chart
Multiplication Table Of 4 Chart Up To 10
|4 X 1 = 4|
|4 X 2 = 8|
|4 X 3 = 12|
|4 X 4 = 16|
|4 X 5 = 20|
|4 X 6 = 24|
|4 X 7 = 28|
|4 X 8 = 32|
|4 X 9 = 36|
|4 X 10 = 40|
Multiplication Table Of 4 Chart Up To 20
|4 × 11 = 44|
|4 x 12 = 48|
|4 x 13 = 52|
|4 × 14 = 56|
|4 × 15 = 60|
|4 × 16 = 64|
|4 × 17 = 68|
|4 × 18 = 72|
|4 x 19 = 76|
|4 x 20 = 80|
Learning the 4 times table is easy, Memorizing is the easiest way to learn the table of 4. Use the 4 times table chart above to help your child memorize the multiplication table of 4 easily. Hang the chart where the child can see it often like their bedroom wall or the fridge. Have your child see and read the four times tables often until they have it memorized.
Sometimes, you might be faced with a mathematical problem that involves a multiple of 4 that is greater than 4×10.
In such cases, it helps to know the 4 times table up to 4×20. The multiplication chart above gives you all the multiples of 4 from 4 x 11 to 4 x 20. Use it to learn the multiples of 4 till 4 x 20.
Tips And Tricks To Learn The 4 Multiplication Table
Memorizing the 4 times table can prove to be difficult for some children. They might need some help to learn the table of 4. Here are some tips, tricks and math games for kids that will make teaching and learning the multiplication table of 4 easy.
- Teaching table of 4 the easy way using real objects: By the time kids start learning the 4 times table after the 2 and 3 times tables, they understand the basic concepts of multiplication. They know that when a number is multiplied by another, the answer gets bigger by whatever the multiplier is. This makes learning the table of 4 easier. But, if your child is still struggling to grasp this, explain how to multiply by 4 using real objects.
- 4 times table: Just a matter of doubling the number and doubling the answer: If your child is confident with the table of 2, break down the multiplication. Point out the links between the table of 2 and the table of 4. Explain to them that multiplying by 4 is a matter of doubling it twice.
For example, when we say 4 multiplied by 5, the number five is added twice and then twice again.
4X5 = 5+5=10 and 5+5=10. So, 4X5= 20.
- The underlying pattern in the 4 multiplication table: First, explain to your child that 4 is an even number. So whatever number you multiply 4 with, the answer will always have 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8 at the end. This trick will help children recognize the multiples of 4, which will help them learn the table of 4 easily.
For example, 2 times 4 (2X4) = 8. 8 times 4 (8X4) = 32 and 10 times 4 (10X4) is 40.
- How to teach 4 times tables using building blocks or legos: A great trick to help your child understand how to multiply by 4 is to use real objects like building blocks or legos. Get your child to help you stack up building blocks or legos in stacks of 4, 8, 12, etc. Get your child to count up in 4s and have them point at each stack as they count. Explain how each stack is multiplied by 4. As your child learns and becomes more confident, they’ll be able to point out the right stack of blocks when you ask them a question.
- 4 multiplication table card game: Learning the 4 multiplication table doesn’t have to be a tough or boring task. Kids learn better when they’re engaged in an easier and more interactive process. The next time your kid has friends over, have them play a fun multiplication card game. You can also turn family game nights into educational game nights with this fun card game. Your kid gets to have fun and learn the 4 times table at the same time.
- Practising the table of 4 makes you perfect: The only thing that’ll help your child learn the 4 times table is to practice. Have your child write the 4 time multiplication tables and recite them loudly. Get the child to solve worksheets regularly so they’ll remember what they’ve learnt. Be persistent but don’t force them. Reward them every time they finish a practice sheet and get an answer right. Quiz them on and off to test their multiplication skills.
For example, place three small piles of candies, with 4 candies in each pile, in front of your child. Ask your child to count the number of candies in each pile. Now explain to them that they have 4 candies, three times. This means they have 4+4+4 candies, which is equal to 12 candies.
So, 4 times 3 is 12 (4×3 =12). Practice this as many times as you can until the child understands the concept of multiplying numbers. You can change the quantities of the objects as you move up the numbers. You could give a candy to your child as a reward for every correct answer.
This trick will also help children check if a large number is a multiple of 4.
For example, 12468. The number ends with 8, so it is a multiple of 4.
For example, ask your child what 4X4 is. If they’ve understood the game, they’ll point out the stack with 16 blocks.
To play the game you’ll need a few brightly colored index cards. Write the multipliers on the cards using a marker pen. Divide the kids into teams and have two kids from both teams pick out two cards from the pile. The child who multiplies the numbers on the two cards correctly gets to keep the cards and add them to the winning pile. The team with the most number of cards wins.
For more such interactive and unique multiplication games for kids, please check Osmo.
Worksheet Questions To Help Kids Revise The 4 Times Table:
Fill in the blanks with the right numbers to complete the 4 multiplication table:
Here is an example: 4 x __ = 20
Answer: 4 x 5 = 20
Color the multiples of 4:
Practice The 4 Times Table Daily
Learning the 4 multiplication table might not be very easy for all children. Give them time, explain it again and again until the child understands. Go over the multiplication table of 4 repeatedly, recite it loudly and help them practice on multiplication table worksheets until your child knows it by heart. Follow these simple steps and you’ll find that learning how to multiply by 4 is as easy as pie!
Frequently Asked Questions on 4 Times Table
What Are 4 Times Table?
The 4 times table are given below:
4 x 1 = 4
4 x 2 = 8
4 x 3 = 12
4 x 4 = 16
4 x 5 = 20
4 x 6 = 24
4 x 7 = 28
4 x 8 = 32
4 x 9 = 36
4 x 10 = 40
What are some of the easy ways to learn the 4 times table?
The 4 times tables can be learned in these easy methods as kids have fun while learning multiplication tables. You can engage children by asking them to connect with some real life things and objects. Also, teach them to notice the pattern that lies in 4 times table, that is half of the table of 8. That is, in 4 times table, the pattern goes as follows, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and the doubled pattern in the table of 8 is, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40.
Why Should Kids Learn 4 Times Table?
Learning the 4 times table is one of the important ways for the kids to get acquainted with the math operation, multiplication. Multiplication tables help kids understand the number pattern and learn other mathematical operations. You can always help children to learn the 4 times table pattern and compare it with 2 times table pattern and 8 times table pattern.