A Comprehensive Guide To Three Letter Words Starting With S
Once your little ones have learnt words till the letter R, it time to teach them simple S words for kids. Start with simple words like 3 letter words starting with S. Kids learn to say the letter S and recognize the sound of the letter S very early. They learn this before they learn the alphabets or learn how to read. It’s also one of the letters that are very commonly used in the English language.
The English language is full of simple and short words that start with the letter S like 3 letter words starting with S. These are words that preschoolers and kindergarteners can learn easily. These 3 letter words for kids will enable them to expand their vocabulary skills and help them learn to speak, read and write well. Here is a list of 3 letter words starting with S to expand your child’s vocabulary.
List Of 3 letter words starting with S
There are lots of words that start with S for kids to learn. Here is a list of some interesting 3 letter words that start with the letter S.
Activity To Help Your Child Learn 3 Letter Words Starting With S
Most of the words in the list are easy CVC words that kids learn in preschool and kindergarten. Help your child learn 3 letter words that start with the letter S using this simple activity.
Fill In The Missing Letters To Complete The 3 Letter Words Starting with S
- S __ W
- S A __
- __ I P
- S U __
- __ K __
- __ U N
- __ L Y
- S __ M
Tips To Help Children Learn 3 Letter Words Starting With S
These 3 letter words starting with S are quite easy for children to learn. These are words that they hear and use often in their speech. Here are some simple tips that will help your child learn these superb 3 letter words starting with S quickly and easily.
- S words matching activity: Kids learn words easily when they know and understand what the word means. Help your child learn 3 letter words that start with the letter S by linking those words to images. For example: Show pictures of the sun to help children understand the word sun. Once they know the words, test their knowledge using a matching game. Place a few images of these words in front of your child and ask them to match them to the right word.
- Underlining S words in newspapers and magazines: Reading is a wonderful tool that introduces children to new words. Help your child expand their S vocabulary using a fun reading activity. Ask your child to read a newspaper or magazine and underline or circle all the words that start with S. This way, they not only learn 3 letter words with S but also bigger, more complex words starting with S.
- S word art: Drawing and painting are some of the most loved activities for children. Put your little one’s artistic ability to work to help them learn words starting with S in a creative manner. Ask your child to think of all the words that start with S, it can be sun, sea, sand, stone, snake, etc. Then ask them to draw those words. This activity will provide the visual cue that will permanently anchor the words with S in their minds.
- Letter S worksheets: Learning to recognize and write the letter S helps children recognize and learn words that start with S easily. ABC tracing worksheets and letter S coloring pages are great tools to help preschoolers and kindergartners learn to write the letter S.
- Create your own story with words from S: Kids love stories just as much as they love playing. Stories are a great way to help your child get to know sounds, words and language. Additionally, it is a great way to develop their early literacy skills. Stories also pique their curiosity and help in developing their imagination. Ask your child to tell you a story using words that start with S to enrich their S vocabulary. It can comprise short and simple sentences too. For example, the sun was shining as I walked around the strawberry fields.
Frequently Asked Questions on 3 Letter Words Starting With S
What are the 3 Letter Words Starting With S?
The 3 Letter Words Starting With S are see, saw, sup, sin, sow, sun, son, sit, sat, sky, sis, spa, seg, sew, sob, sod, sue, sum, sip, sim, shy, sos, she, etc.
What are the examples of fill in the blanks for 3 Letter Words Starting With S?
The examples of fill in blanks for 3 Letter Words Starting With S are S _ W, _ I T, S _ Y, _ A T, S _ A, _ O B, S _ E, S O _, _ H E, S H _ etc.