A Complete List Of Three Letter Words That Start With I To Enhance Their Word Skills
The ninth letter of the English alphabet is the letter I. Words that start with the vowel aren’t particularly common in the English language. But some of the I words for kids form the foundation of the language. The English language wouldn’t function without words like I, if, it, is and in. These are basic words that are necessary to form meaningful sentences. Start off your child’s I word lessons by teaching them 3 letter words starting with I. Teaching 3 letter words for kids will motivate them to make meaningful conversations with others.
Words for kids is an important subject for little kids. Learning words help children improve their reading, writing, language and communication skills. When they start learning 3 letter words, help them learn words one letter at a time. This avoids confusion and helps children learn and remember words easily. Here is a list of 3 letter words starting with I to enrich your child’s I vocabulary.
3 Letter Words Starting With I Along With Their Meanings
Here is a list of all the 3 letter words that start with the letter I along with their meanings.
This is a determiner, which specifies whether something belongs or is associated with a thing previously mentioned or easily identified.
A small establishment or hotel where travelers can stay overnight. These establishments are usually located in the countryside or along a highway and provide food and drink to the guests.
A woody evergreen Eurasian ornamental climbing or prostrate or sometimes shrubby vine, typically having shiny, dark green five-pointed leaves.
A small, mischievous devil or sprite.
Suffering from an illness or disease or feeling unwell.
A coloured fluid or paste used for writing, drawing, printing, or duplicating.
Very cold, covered with or consisting of ice. Also means unfriendly or hostile.
Intense and usually openly displayed anger.
To annoy, disgust, irritate, tire out someone.
Frozen water, a brittle transparent crystalline solid.
An atom or molecule with a net electric charge due to the loss or gain of one or more electrons.
A type of person or thing similar to one already referred to.
Plural of if, which means a condition or supposition.
An exclamation used to express disgust.
Activities To Help Your Child 3 Letter Words Starting With I
Once your child has mastered these 3 letter words starting with I, you need to ensure they retain them in their memory. Simple activities like quizzes, flashcards etc make learning words fun and engaging for little kids. This helps them learn quickly. Help your child learn 3 letter words that start with the letter I using these simple activities.
- See, read and repeat: Constant reading and revising helps children remember what they’ve learnt. Make a chart with three letter words starting with I and hang it in a place where your child can see it often. Ask your child to read the words aloud and repeat them as often as possible. This will help your child remember these words easily.
- Everyday conversations: To ensure that your child remembers these 3 letter words starting with I, use them often in your everyday conversations with your child. This activity helps your child learn how to use these words. And in the process, they will also retain these words in their memory.
- Fill in the blanks: SImple activities like fill in the blanks make word learning fun and engaging. Help your child learn three letter words starting with I by filling in the missing letters to complete the 3 letter words starting with I.
- I __ N
- __ C __
- I __ Y
- __ __ K
- __ V __
- __ __ P
- Quiz on 3 letter words starting with I: Help your child practise three letter words starting with I using this fun quiz.
- What is a 3 letter word that starts with I, which means frozen water?
- This three letter word starting with I means a mischievous devil or sprite. What is it?
- This three letter word starting with I means feeling sick or unwell. What is it?
More Tips To Help Children Learn 3 Letter Words Starting With I
3 letter words starting with I are very easy words that kids can learn quickly. Here are some more tips to help your child learn these words easily.
- Visual cues and images: Most of these 3 letter words starting with the letter I are simple words. However, showing them visual cues and images will help your child connect the words to the images and learn them easily.
- Crossword and word search puzzles: Kids learn easily when they’re engaged in activities rather than a structured learning time. Games and hands-on activities like crossword puzzles and word search puzzles for kids are a great way to help kids learn new words.
- Spelling Games: Just learning new words is not enough. Spelling is a necessary skill that helps build better reading and writing skills. Children should retain these 3 letter words starting with I in their memory and learn how to use them. Learning how to spell these words helps children remember these words and learn how to use them. Use spelling games for kids and other activities to teach your child to spell 3 letter words starting with I in a fun way.
- Letter I Worksheets: Before they learn words that end with the letter I, kids need to know how to write and recognize the letter. ABC tracing worksheets are great tools to help preschoolers and kindergartners learn to write the letter I. Teaching words that start with I become easier when children can easily identify the letter.
For example, help your child understand words like imp, ivy and ice with images.
Frequently Asked Questions on 3 Letter Words Starting With I
What are some of the 3 Letter Words Starting With I?
The 3 Letter Words Starting With I are ink, irk, ivy, ifs, ick, ion, ice, ire, icy, ill, imp, inn, its, etc. These are some of the 3 Letter Words Starting With I for kids. These words help children understand the meaning and learn new words every day.
How to teach 3 Letter Words Starting With I to kids?
Teaching 3 Letter Words Starting With I to kids can sometimes be a tedious task. But, when you initiate some meaningful conversations with kids, they start learning new words and grammatically correct to form the sentences.
What are some of the activities that help children learn 3 Letter Words Starting With I?
The activities that help children to learn 3 Letter Words Starting With I are spelling games, riddles, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, worksheets, reading newsletter and comic books. These are a few fun and engaging activities that help kids learn 3 Letter Words Starting With I.