2 digit multiplication worksheets help children learn multiplication facts as quickly as possible. Moreover, parents and teachers can keep the kids engaged by giving them 2 digit x 2 digit multiplication worksheets. At the age of four, kids learn the 2, 3, 4 and 5 times tables.
By the time they are five years old, kids must have been accustomed to all the times tables up to the ten times table. Teachers begin giving students more solid multiplications to finish, covering multiplying two digits by one digit (10 x 5 = 50). Parents can introduce the Multiplication Table for Kids.
2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
2 digit by 2 digit multiplication worksheets with grids
Teachers can use these 2 digits by 2 digit multiplication worksheets with grids as tests, practice assignments or teaching tools. Parents can solve the multiplication problems with their kids to provide extra practice, assist them in learning a new mathematics skill, or keep their skills intact during the school vacations.
However, kids can use math worksheets to learn a math skill through practice, group study, or peer learning.
2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets Word Problems
Practice the questions given in the 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication worksheets word problems. Here, let the children solve the problems on multiplication of the 2 digit number.
- If there are 20 oranges in one basket, then how many oranges are there in 12 baskets?
- If one meter is equal to 100 cm, then 42 meters is equal to how many centimeters?
- Mike has 42 cards. Each card has 15 stickers. Find the total number of stickers with Mike.
- There are 58 rows in a cinema hall, and there are 25 seats in each row. How many people can be accommodated in the theatre?
- The cost of one bat is $ 50. Find the price of 10 such bats.
- A notebook contains 11 pages. Find the total number of pages in 32 notebooks.
- 72 people can sit in one compartment of the train. How many people can sit in 17 such compartments?
- A newspaper vendor delivers 90 papers daily. How many newspapers does he deliver in January?
- 42 schools all over America participated in the All American coloring contest. If the number of entries from each school was 25, find the total number of participants who participated in the All American coloring contest.
- In an orchard, there are 35 rows of apple trees. There are 10 trees in each row. Find the total number of apple trees in the orchard.
- Victor has 65 notes of $ 20. How much money does he have in all?
- Nancy deposits $ 20 in the bank every month. How much money will she deposit in 3 years?
- How much money will be collected from 82 students if one student contributes $ 15 for the Drought relief fund?
- The capacity of the water tank is 50 litres. What is the total capacity of water in 38 such tanks?
- How many runs will batsman A score by hitting 31 centuries?
Number of oranges = 20
Number of baskets = 12
Hence, total number of oranges = 20 x 12 = 240 oranges.
100 cm x 42 meters = ? centimeters
100 x 42 = 4200 centimeters.
Total number of cards = 42
Total number of stickers = 15
Hence, the total number of stickers Mike has = 42 x 15 = 630 stickers.
Number of rows = 58
Number of seats = 25
Hence, the total number of people accommodated in the theatre (cinema hall) = 58 x 25 = 1450.
Cost of one bat = $ 50
Cost of 9 bats =?
Hence, total cost of 10 bats = $50 x 10 = $ 500.
Number of pages = 11
Number of notebooks = 32
Hence, total number of pages in 32 notebooks = 11 x 32 = 325 pages.
Number of people that can sit in compartment = 72
Total number of compartments = 17
Total number of people that can sit in 17 compartments = 72 x 17 = 1224 persons.
Number of newspapers delivered in a day = 90
Number of days in January = 31
Hence, the total number of newspapers delivered in January = 90 x 31 = 2790 newspapers.
Number of schools participating = 42
Number of entries from each school = 25
Hence, the total number of participants = 42 x 25 = 1,050 participants.
Number of rows of apple trees = 35
Number of trees in each row = 10
Hence, the total number of apple trees in the orchard = 10 x 35 = 350 apple trees.
Number of notes = 65
Amount = $ 20
Total amount of money = 65 x 20 = $1300.
Amount of money deposited every month = $ 20
The number of years = 3
3 years = 36 months (12 months in a year x 3 years)
Total amount deposited by the end of 3 years = $ 20 x 36 = $ 720.
Number of students = 82
Amount contributed by each student = $ 15
Total amount collected = 82 x 15 = $ 1,230.
The capacity of the water tank = 50 litres
Number of tanks = 38
Hence, the total capacity of the water in 38 tanks = 50 x 38 = 1900 litres.
Number of centuries = 31
Number of runs in a century = 100
Hence, the total number of runs scored by batsman A = 31 x 100 = 3100 runs.
Also, refer to the 6 times table.
Best Ways to Teach 2 Digit Multiplication
- Start with the easiest and work up: Learning 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication worksheets is not an easy task for kids. A standard error people tend to commit is working their way into the digits in sequence. However, it is pretty simple and notably more constructive than the simple numbers first. This helps build a child’s self-confidence as they would be learning; moreover, it makes the shift from the lower digits to the higher digits relatively easier.
- Teach them Early: Be it on their way to school each morning, walking into the market roads or when a child is enjoying a bath; teach them till they are comfortable writing their two times tables chart and can answer any question thrown at them, such as 2 x 2, in a moment. Download 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication worksheets pdf available at Osmo.
- Q and A Sessions: Questioning sessions have to be relatively short, not more than five to ten minutes. Recognize the attention and grasping capability of a child. However, one needs to aim to have two or three Q and A sessions in a day. This certainly maximizes the effectiveness, and the child picks up faster when taught in a straightforward method. In addition to this, parents can start a questionnaire associated with 2 digit multiplication worksheets.
Teaching must be done once the child is accustomed to their multiplication tables or a set of digits. Teachers or parents must start teaching in sequence. Once the child gets there, multiplication tables can be mixed up and questioned. Initially, they might hesitate. The more challenging the task, the more the multiplication tables will be registered into their memories.
Osmo provides age-wise Multiplication Games for Kids for the benefit of children as well as parents.