How does your child feel about learning the 1 times table? We imagine that it could be a bit of a challenge to keep them engaged in their math lessons. But, it is important for kids in elementary school to learn multiplication tables 1-10. So fret not, we’re here to take the yawn out of math with a few simple steps and games. Learning the Multiplication table of 1 can now be a lot easier!
Learning multiplication tables for kids is an important part of a child’s early education. The best way to help children learn the 1 times table is with a chart. The multiplication table of 1 is very simple and easy to learn. Explain to your child that any number multiplied by 1 results in the same number that you multiplied. Here is a chart to help your child learn the table of 1.
1 Times Table Chart
Multiplication Table of 1
|1 x 1 = 1|
|1 x 2 = 2|
|1 x 3 = 3|
|1 x 4 = 4|
|1 x 5 = 5|
|1 x 6 = 6|
|1 x 7 = 7|
|1 x 8 = 8|
|1 x 9 = 9|
|1 x 10 = 10|
|1 x 11 = 11|
|1 x 12 = 12|
5 Steps to Learn 1 Times Table
Teaching math for kids need not be stressful, you can make it more fun and interesting with fun activities and math games for kids. Here are 5 simple steps that will make learning the 1 times table super easy for your child!
- See, Read, Write and Repeat: The first step to learning the multiplication table of 1 is to see it and read it aloud. Hang a multiplication table chart where your child can see it often. Help them read the 1 times table out loud, and then repeat as often as possible!
- 1 Times Table Matching Game – Drag & Place: Now, test your child’s knowledge of the 1 times table with a simple game. Games are a fun way to help kids revise the multiplication table of 1 and test them too. Here is a great matching game to help kids learn the multiplication table of 1. All you have to do is write down answers on different pieces of paper, and questions on the other pieces of paper.
- Shuffle Everything: This step is similar to step 2. Instead of just shuffling the answer sheets, here you shuffle the questions or equations too. Kids need to find the right multiplication equation and match it to the right answer. This awesome way to practice the 1 times table is very much like solving a fun puzzle. This game will help children learn the multiplication table of 1 in a fun way.
- Multiple Choice: Constant testing is a great way to help children practice and learn the table of 1. Here is another simple multiple-choice game to help children learn the 1 times table easily! Write the equations of the multiplication table 1 in random order on a sheet of paper. Give a choice of 4 answers and ask your kids to choose the right answer for each equation.
- A 1 Times Table Game And Certificate: Along with 1 times table games, a certificate or prize is a great motivator for children to learn new things. Motivate your child to learn the 1 times table with a ‘certificate’! Make your child play a game to test their knowledge of the multiplication table of 1 and award a certificate at the end. This is a great game to play with a group of kids.
Once your child has learnt to say the multiplication table of 1, help them learn to write it. Try these multiplication table worksheets or create your own to help kids practice the multiplication table of 1. Write down the 1 times table for your child on a sheet of paper. But don’t write the full equation, ask your child to write the answers to the multiplication equation.
For example, write down 1*1 = ___, 1*2 = ___, and so on. Kids need to recall what they’ve learned, this activity helps them recall the 1 times table they memorized.
For example, write 1×1, 1×2, 1×3, 1×4, etc, on some pieces of papers, and 1, 2, 3, 4, etc in the other pieces. Don’t scramble the question sheets, just scramble the answer sheets! Kids need to find, drag and place the answers next to the problems accurately. 1 times table games like these will ensure your child has a blast learning how to multiply by 1.
All you have to do is have your kids dance around as you play some music. Next, randomly stop the music, say the name of a child, along with a 1 times table problem. The child should answer the question quickly, if they fail to answer correctly in the set time, they forfeit their turn. Continue the game until all the kids get a chance and they’ve all learnt the 1 times table. Award all the kids a certificate with their name on it and a few stickers or stars!
More 1 Times Table Games
Here are some more games for your kids to learn the multiplication table of 1:
- Table of 1 Passing The Parcel: Have your kids form a circle and pass a ball around. Play some music in the background too. When you stop the music, the person who’s holding the ball must answer a 1 times table question. If they answer correctly, they continue passing the ball around. If they answer wrong, they’re punished. For example, make them do a silly dance or make some funny expressions or sing a song etc!
- 1 Times Table Hopscotch: A game of hopscotch is one of the best games for kids to learn the table of 1! All you have to do is use a piece of chalk to form various boxes for your game. Write a 1 times table question inside each box. Kids need to roll a die and move the exact number of steps they see on the dice. As they land in a box, they answer the problem and then continue with the game.
- Deck of Cards To Learn The Multiplication Table of 1: Practising the table of 1 is super fun with a deck of cards. Consider the Ace card as number 1. Kids need to keep drawing various cards, multiply it with Ace, and say the answer out loud. Make it more fun by having them play with their friends. Whoever answers the problem the quickest wins that round.
Check the rest of our kids learning section for more fun learning materials that help fuel a child’s creativity and curiosity.
Frequently Asked Questions on 1 Times Table
What is 1 Times Table?
1 Times Table is as follows:
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 2 = 2
1 x 3 = 3
1 x 4 = 4
1 x 5 = 5
1 x 6 = 6
1 x 7 = 7
1 x 8 = 8
1 x 9 = 9
1 x 10 = 10
What is 1 Times Table in words?
1 times table in words is as follows:
1 times 1 is equal to 1
1 times 2 is equal to 2
1 times 3 is equal to 3
1 times 4 is equal to 4
1 times 5 is equal to 5
1 times 6 is equal to 6
1 times 7 is equal to 7
1 times 8 is equal to 8
1 times 9 is equal to 9
1 times 10 is equal to 10
How to teach 1 Times Table to kids?
Some of the different ways to teach 1 times tables are table of 1 passing the balls, 1 times table activities, 1 times tables card games, etc.