Most kids are visual learners as they like images, videos, graphics or anything to do with coloring and drawing. Little kids are very fascinated with colors and things that appeal to their eyes. When you are busy preparing for the parades or family feasts, you can keep children engaged in drawing and coloring. To keep the celebration mood alive for kids, you can teach St. Patrick’s Day drawings. To teach how to draw a shamrock or a leprechaun, you can download printable drawings for kids.
Though children know drawing and painting, they might get confused on how to draw St. Patrick’s Day themed illustrations. Therefore, we are here to provide step-by-step instructions on how to draw their favorite characters. This is one of the most preferred holiday activities for kids. They would engage themselves in learning how to draw following the given instructions. Having said that, kids will gain the confidence to draw things that they like and understand the customs and traditions of St. Patrick’s Day.
St. Patrick’s Day Drawings: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Kids prefer wearing green color attires and celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. They would like to even make green color crafts, such as shamrock or a leprechaun hat. Sometimes, kids get confused about drawing a shamrock on a sheet of paper. In such cases, they need easy and simple instructions on how to draw an image. We are here to help you in learning how to draw and develop creative skills in children.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Shamrock
To make things easier for kids, we’ve got you step-by-step instructions on how to draw a shamrock.
- Step 1: Draw a tiny circle on a sheet of paper.
- Step 2: Draw a heart-shaped leaf on top of the small circle.
- Step 3: Draw one heart-shaped leaf on the right side of the circle.
- Step 4: Draw another heart-shaped leaf on the left side of the circle.
- Step 5: Draw an extended loop as the stem of a shamrock.
- Step 6: Erase the outline of the small circle drawn in the middle of the shamrock.
- Step 7: Finally, color the image using green crayons.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Leprachaun Hat
Here is a simple stepwise procedure to draw a hat given below.
- Step1: Take a sheet of paper and draw a small line.
- Step 2: Draw one small line on the right-hand side.
- Step 3: Draw another line on the left-hand side.
- Step 4: Now, join the bottom’s right and left sides of the line.
- Step 5: Then, continue to draw a small line on the right side and another line on the left side.
- Step 6: Draw a curved line at the bottom extending on the right and left sides.
- Step 7: Then, join the curved line with another curved line giving a loop-like structure.
- Step 8: Finally, draw a square shape above the curved line.
- Step 9: At last, color the hat with green crayons.
Benefits of Learning St. Patrick’s Day Drawings
Some of the benefits of St. Patrick’s Day drawings for kids are mentioned below:
- It helps kids learn how to draw their favorite things or characters that they like about St. Patrick’s Day.
- It keeps them busy and engaged during St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- It develops creativity, imagination and visualization skills in children.
- It enhances hand-eye coordination skills in children while learning how to draw.
- It helps children in attaining mastery in drawing and painting skills.
- It enables children to easily draw patterns, shapes and sizes by following the given instructions.
- It boosts confidence and motivates children to develop their artistic skills by taking up drawing activities regularly.
- It helps children in recognizing and deciding the appropriate colors to be used for their drawings.
Frequently Asked Questions on St. Patrick’s Day Drawings
What are St. Patrick’s Day drawings?
St. Patrick’s Day drawings are an excellent way to enhance your child’s creativity and artistic skills. They will learn how to draw their favorite characters or things they like at the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
What are the benefits of St. Patrick’s Day drawings?
The benefits of learning St. Patrick’s drawings are that they help young children learn how to draw and develop their fine motor skills. Learning drawings helps children improve their hand-eye coordination and visualizations skills.