Find easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a lion on paper mentioned below. Learning lion drawing for kids will help them recognize the animal based on their physical appearance. Besides this, practicing animal drawing for kids willl develop an interest in them to learn about different species effectively.
Lions are referred to as the king of the jungle as they have majestic features that differentiate them from others. Children love watching lions in the zoo or in the national parks. They are always excited to enhance their artistic skills through drawing. If given the opportunity, children will always choose the theme lions for drawing.
In case your children find it difficult to draw a lion, you can help them with stepwise instruction. These instructions are easy to follow and replicate on paper. Conducting art activities for kids enhances their creativity and imagination skills. Most importantly, teaching lion drawing for kids helps them express their ideas about lions effectively.
Lion Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
With the help of a step-by-step tutorial, kids will be able to draw a lion easily. It not only helps beginners but also for the kids who find it difficult to draw a lion. Teaching lion drawing for kids enables them to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas to enhance their artwork. You can also conduct drawing for kids so that they enjoy and learn drawing in a fun way. Let us check out easy stepwise instructions to draw a lion mentioned below.
Lions are the most powerful and strong animals belonging to the family of cats. To have sharp teeth and claws that helps them attack their prey easily. Kids are very interested in drawing their favorite animal on paper. To make it easier for them, you can teach them step-by-step instructions so that they can easily depict the features of the lion. The best way to develop drawing skills in children is to teach them how to draw their favorite animal on a sheet of paper.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Lion
Learning lion drawing for kids enables them to draw their shapes and lines perfectly. It gives them an effective visual representation of the image that they are drawing. Here are step-by-step instructions to draw a lion mentioned below:
- Step 1: Take a sheet of paper.
- Step 2: Draw a flattened oval on a sheet of paper for the lion’s body.
- Step 3: Draw an elongated loop from the left side of the body for the lion’s head.
- Step 4: Draw an eye, ear, nose and chin on the left side of the lion’s head.
- Step 5: Draw an elongated loop with claws on the right and left sides of the body for the lion’s legs.
- Step 6: Draw another elongated loop connecting the legs on the left and right sides of the body for another pair of legs.
- Step 7: Draw an elongated tail on the right side of the body.
- Step 8: Draw zigzag lines on the head, neck and underbelly for the lion’s mane. These are found especially on the male lion.
- Step 9: Draw a tree and grass on the background of the paper.
- Step 10: Outline the image with a marker and color the lion using watercolors and crayons.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Lion’s Cub
The offspring of a lion is referred to as a cub. They are very adorable and have different features compared to adult lions. Here is a stepwise tutorial to learn how to draw a lion’s cub mentioned below:
- Step 1: Take a sheet of paper and draw two circles for the cub’s body.
- Step 2: Draw another circle on the left side of the body for the cub’s head.
- Step 3: Draw an arc in the middle of the circle on the cub’s head. Then, divide the top region of the head with a line.
- Step 4: Draw a small circle at the bottom of the arc on the cub’s head.
- Step 5: Draw two semicircles on the left and right sides of the head for the cub’s ears.
- Step 6: Draw a line that connects the cub’s body till the tail.
- Step 7: Draw two lines from the first circle of the body for the first pair of legs.
- Step 8: Draw two lines from the second circle of the body for the second pair of legs.
- Step 9: Draw a small horizontal line at the bottom of the legs for the cub’s toes.
- Step 10: Draw two small circles on the left and right sides of the head for the cub’s eyes.
- Step 11: Draw a small inverted triangle on the circle drawn inside the head for the cub’s mouth.
- Step 12: Draw an elongated loop on the left side of the body for the tail.
- Step 13: Outline the image with a marker and color it using crayons.
Benefits of Lion Drawing for Kids
Some of the benefits of lion drawing for kids are mentioned below:
- Helps in understanding the lions and their features.
- Develops cognitive and fine motor skills.
- Boost confidence in children to learn and practice drawing.
- Enhances creativity and imagination skills in children.
- Improves concentration level in children.
- Creates engagement and entertainment for children.
To improve your child’s creativity, explore activities, games and worksheets on the kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Lion Drawing for Kids
What is a lion drawing for kids?
Lion drawing for kids is a great way to teach children how to draw a lion by following the step-by-step instructions. These instructions are extremely easy for children to follow.
What are the benefits of lion drawing for kids?
The benefits of lion drawing for kids are that it helps children to enhance their creativity skills. They will learn about the shapes, sizes and patterns of the lion through drawing. Most importantly, it will help children to develop compassion towards animals.