Have you ever taken your kids to show mountains? If not, then you must show kids how beautiful mountains are. Mountains are the elevated portion with steep edges of the Earth’s crust. The best way to teach kids about mountains is by drawing. You can teach kids how to draw mountains and explain to them their origin, structure and other details in a creative way. Learning drawing for kids is an effective way to enhance their knowledge and expand their creative skills at the same time. You can make drawings easier for kids by providing them with stepwise instructions. These instructions are extremely easy for kids to follow.
Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial of Mountains
Did you know that mountains are made up of shifts in the tectonic plates? You can teach kids more about their origin and role in balancing the ecosystem through drawing. It is needless to say that drawing activities help children learn about different shapes and patterns. With these activities, kids can improve their hand-eye coordination and cognitive skills in early childhood. Therefore, you can teach kids how to draw mountains on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions systematically. Besides practicing nature drawing for kids, they can learn to draw mountains to understand their structure and the way it looks effectively.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Coloring tools, such as color pencils, crayons, watercolor paints, etc.
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw Mountains
The step-by-step instructions on mountain drawing for kids are mentioned below.
Draw a triangle on a sheet of paper for the mountain.
Draw another triangle adjacent to the first triangle to give the appearance of mountains.
Draw curved lines on the tip of the mountains to give the appearance of the summit.
Draw a few lines on the triangle-shaped structures to give the appearance of slopes.
Draw a few lines on the slopes of the mountains.
Finally, color the illustration of the mountains using brown color pencils.
Free Printable Mountains Drawing Tutorial for Kids
Mountains are one of the most preferred tourist attractions. The plush green or the snowy layer on the mountains looks extremely beautiful. Did you know Mt. Everest is the highest mountain in the world? Mountains are habitats for many plants, animals and humans. You can teach kids how mountains are formed and some interesting facts through drawing. With this activity, kids will show interest in drawing mountains on a sheet of paper. It would be great if you could provide them with a step-by-step drawing tutorial to help them illustrate the mountains effectively. A printable stepwise instruction on how to draw mountains is given below.
Tips for Learning Mountain Drawing for Kids
A few tips for learning how to draw mountains for kids are mentioned below.
- Take kids for mountain hiking or show the images or videos of mountains to help them get some ideas before they illustrate them on a sheet of paper.
- Teach kids how to draw a line, triangle and other shapes required for drawing mountains.
- Motivate kids to do better next time, even if they make mistakes while drawing mountains.
- Teach kids to make lighter outlines at the beginning of the drawing, followed by darker lines once they are satisfied with the illustration.
- Encourage kids to practice drawing on a regular basis.
Also, explore dog drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw Mountains
The benefits of learning mountain drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It improves children’s capability to visualize things in much more detail through drawing.
- It enables children to work on trivial details to get the perfect illustration of mountains on paper.
- It develops cognitive and fine motor skills in children.
- It increases the concentration and focus of children while drawing.
- It enhances the emotional intelligence of children.
- It motivates children to know about mountains and interesting facts through drawing.
We hope this article on how to draw mountains helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw Mountains
How to draw mountains?
You can teach kids how to draw mountains on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. With these easy-to-follow instructions, kids will learn to draw the perfect shape of mountains effectively.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw mountains?
The benefits of learning how to draw mountains for kids are that it helps them enhance their knowledge of mountains, their origin, structure, conservation measures and other factors that contribute to balancing the Earth’s ecosystem. Besides this, kids develop artistic and cognitive skills from an early age.