Do your children know how to draw an alligator on a sheet of paper? If not, teach them how to draw an alligator by following the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this article. Besides this, learning animal drawing for kids will help them understand their physical features, habitats and other characteristics in a much better way.
An alligator is a reptile belonging to the family of Alligatoridae. They have sharp teeth, powerful tails and scaly skin that makes them stand out from other animals. You can teach kids about this large reptile through drawing. Initially, you can teach them how to draw an alligator by following the stepwise instructions. These instructions will help kids easily draw each feature or part of the alligator on paper. Practicing drawing for kids will enable them to understand concepts they are learning effortlessly.
How to Draw an Alligator: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Most children would’ve seen alligators and observed their movements in the zoo or the national parks. Alligators are mostly found in freshwater, swamps or lakes. These reptiles cannot live in salt water as they do not have salt glands. You can teach kids more about alligators, their habitats, characteristics and interesting facts while learning how to draw an alligator on a sheet of paper.
Following step-by-step instructions is an excellent way to learn drawing. Therefore, you can give kids clear instructions in a simple and understandable language. Also, practicing animal coloring pages along with drawing will help kids expand their artistic skills.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Coloring tools, such as crayons or watercolor paints
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw an Alligator
The step-by-step drawing tutorial to learn alligator drawing for kids is given below.
Draw a horizontal v-shaped line on a sheet of paper for the alligator’s mouth, followed by a curved line around the v-shaped structure for the face of the alligator.
Draw a pair of circles on the alligator’s face for the eyes.
Draw a few small lines on the pointed region of the alligator’s face to give the appearance of scaly skin, followed by two dots on the alligator’s mouth for the nostrils.
Draw zig-zag lines inside the v-shaped structure of the alligator for the sharp teeth.
Draw an elongated loop extending from the alligator’s face to give the appearance of the body.
Draw spike-like structures on the alligator’s body for the scales with bony scutes.
Draw a mesh-like structure on the alligator’s body for the scaly skin.
Draw two pairs of cylindrical-shaped structures on the left and right sides of the alligator’s body for the forelegs and hind legs.
Finally, color the illustration of the alligator using crayons or watercolor paints.
Also, explore dog drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Alligator Drawing for Kids
A few tips for learning alligator drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- Teach kids simple tips and tricks to draw the illustrations of the alligators in an understandable way.
- Assist kids if they find it challenging to draw the face, body or any other parts of the alligator on a sheet of paper.
- Show kids images or videos of an alligator to get an idea about its appearance even if they are not able to see them in real life.
- Teach kids to sharpen their pencils to make clear outlines of the alligators on paper.
- Take simple illustrations of the alligators for drawing at the beginning of their learning period and eventually increase the complexity based on their understanding.
Also, explore butterfly drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw an Alligator
The benefits of learning alligator drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It allows children to express their creative thoughts and ideas on a sheet of paper.
- It helps children learn and understand the alligators and their characteristics through drawing.
- It enables children to become aware of measures to be taken to protect the animals from exploitation.
- It develops imagination and visualization skills in children.
- It enhances the creativity and cognitive development of children.
We hope this article on how to draw an alligator helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw an Alligator
How to draw an alligator?
You can teach kids how to draw an alligator on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. Kids can learn to draw the mouth, nostrils, sharp teeth, scaly skin, legs and tail of an alligator with the help of these easy-to-follow instructions.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw an alligator?
The benefits of learning alligator drawing for kids are that it helps them learn about the alligators, their physical features and other characteristics through drawing. Besides this, kids will develop essential skills required for their educational growth and development.