Do your children know what volcanoes are? If not, how will you introduce them to the concept of a volcano? Explore easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a volcano for kids in this article. They can learn about volcanoes creatively through drawing so that they will understand the concept well. Practicing nature drawing for kids will enable them to upgrade their knowledge of natural resources that we have.
A volcano is nothing but an opening in the Earth’s crust that produces lava and ash clouds in the atmosphere. A few famous volcanoes in the world are Mount St. Helens, Mount Fuji, Mount Etna., etc. Though it looks stunning from a distance, it is extremely dangerous in close proximity. What can be more interesting than teaching them how to draw a volcano in order to make them understand the concept? Practicing drawing for kids is a great way to explore their creativity.
Mostly, the eruption of a volcano is explosive. Kids must learn about the phenomenon in which molten lava flows from the Earth’s crust. You can teach kids how to draw a volcano to understand its physical and chemical properties creatively. Learning how to make a volcano for kids will help them understand how it erupts and the phenomenon associated with it. You can make it easier for kids by providing them with easy step-by-step instructions. These instructions are extremely easy to understand and follow.
How to Draw a Volcano: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Teach kids how to draw a volcano by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. Kids can easily draw the illustration of a volcano on a sheet of paper by following these instructions. When does a volcano erupt? The volcano erupts when the rock melts to form magma, a hot fuid substance. This magma is so light in weight that it reaches the surface of the Earth and flows in the form of lava. You can teach kids the structure of a volcano and the reason for its eruption through drawing. Check out the step-by-step instructions on how to draw a volcano given below.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- An eraser
- A pencil
- Color pencils or crayons
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Volcano
The stepwise instructions on volcano drawing for kids are mentioned below.
Draw a cone-shaped structure on a sheet of paper for the Earth’s crust.
Draw curved lines on the top region of the Earth’s crust for the flowing lava.
Draw a cloud-shaped structure above the Earth’s crust for the ash cloud.
Draw a pair of lines connecting the ash cloud and the Earth’s crust for the crater, followed by a zig-zag line at the center of the crater for the vent.
Draw a few lines, followed by small circles outside the crater of the volcano to give the appearance of volcanic bombs.
Finally, color the illustration of the volcano using appropriate color pencils or crayons.
Also, explore how to draw a rainbow.
Tips for Learning How to Draw a Volcano for Kids
A few tips for learning volcano drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- Try different mediums, such as images or videos to show volcanoes to kids so that they get ideas before illustrating them on a sheet of paper.
- Encourage kids to learn about volcanoes through drawing.
- Explain to kids about each part of the volcanoes and their functions effectively.
- Assist kids in drawing if they find it challenging to draw certain parts of the volcanoes on paper.
- Motivate kids to identify their mistakes while illustrating the volcanoes so that they can correct their mistakes next time and improve their drawing skills.
- Set up a space for kids to practice drawing.
- Encourage kids to apply their own ideas while drawing and guide them whenever required.
- Appreciate children’s drawing efforts so that they can improve their drawing skills effectively.
- Encourage children to ask questions while drawing so that they can easily understand the concept of volcanoes.
- Ask children to revise the information they’ve learned during the drawing process for better retention.
We hope this article on how to draw a volcano helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Volcano
How to draw a volcano?
You can teach kids how to draw a volcano on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. They can learn to draw the Earth’s crust, ash cloud, crater, vent, volcanic bombs, etc., of a volcano with the help of these instructions.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a volcano?
The benefits of learning how to draw a volcano for kids are that it helps them understand the structure and phenomena of volcano eruptions through drawing. Besides this, they will improve their concentration, patience and perseverance while drawing.