Guide children how to draw a starfish by following step-by-step instructions systematically mentioned in this article. These steps will show them how easy and fun it is to draw a starfish on paper. Besides this, learning aquatic animal drawing for kids is an excellent way to enhance their knowledge of these species creatively.
Have your children seen a starfish yet? If not, you can show them a starfish to understand one of the marine invertebrates found in the ocean. Though these creatures are called starfish, they are not fish. You can teach kids how to draw a starfish to understand the physical characteristics and other interesting facts about them that they must be familiar with.
Kids can learn about starfish while drawing. It would be an excellent opportunity for them to learn about marine life and draw them with the help of the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. Learning how to draw a starfish will help them understand the importance of starfish to the ocean food chain. Most importantly, practicing drawing for kids will keep them engaged in learning new things.
How to Draw a Starfish: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Starfish play an essential role in balancing the ecosystem as predators. Sometimes, kids might find starfish astonishing due to their appearance. A variety of starfish is found in the ocean, such as the blue sea star, sunflower sea star, ochre sea star, red-knobbed starfish, etc. You can explain to kids their physical structures in a creative way. You can start with easy illustrations of starfish so that they can illustrate the species effectively. Check out the step-by-step instructions on how to draw a starfish in order to upgrade children’s artistic skills.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Color pencils or crayons
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Starfish
The step-by-step instructions on starfish drawing for kids are mentioned below.
Draw a small circle on a sheet of paper for the mouth of the starfish.
Draw five lines around the mouth of the starfish to give the appearance of the spines.
Draw triangle-shaped structures around the spines of the starfish to give the appearance of the arms.
Draw small curved lines all over the starfish’s body to give the appearance of the ray.
Finally, color the illustration of the starfish using appropriate color pencils or crayons.
Also, explore how to draw a squid.
Tips for Learning Starfish Drawing for Kids
Below are a few tips for learning starfish drawing for kids.
- Provide simple and easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a starfish on a sheet of paper.
- Conduct drawing games for kids so that they feel interested and pay attention to drawing.
- Motivate children to explore and experiment with new ideas to make their drawings visually appealing.
- Show kids the illustrations or real starfish to understand its features before they learn drawing.
- Tell them it’s ok to make mistakes and keep trying to make their drawings better next time.
- Encourage children to think creatively for better drawing experiences.
- Assist kids in drawing if they find it difficult to draw certain parts of the starfish.
- Conduct drawing competitions so that children will develop a healthy competitive spirit among themselves and enhance their learning experience.
- Encourage kids to ask questions related to starfish while drawing.
- Provide different kinds of drawing tools for kids to draw in order to create interest in drawing.
- Ask kids to show their drawings to their parents, teachers and friends.
- Appreciate kids for their drawings and give constructive feedback for improving them.
We hope this article on how to draw a starfish helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Starfish
How to draw a starfish?
You can teach kids how to draw a starfish on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. They can learn to draw the mouth, arms and spines of a starfish with the help of these easy-to-follow instructions.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a starfish?
The benefits of learning how to draw a starfish for kids are that it helps them understand the physical and behavioral characteristics of starfish through drawing. Besides this, kids will increase their concentration and stay focused while drawing.