Are you looking for easy steps to draw a shark? If yes, we are here to help you provide step-by-step instructions on how to draw a shark on paper. Practicing acquatic animal drawing for kids will help them gain knowledge of different marine or freshwater species creatively.
Sharks are the largest marine animals on Earth, belonging to the Chordata family. They live in water and are cold-blooded animals. Sharks breathe through a respiratory organ called gills. You can teach more about sharks to kids through drawing. Kids must learn how to draw a shark to enhance their knowledge and drawing skills simultaneously. Learning drawing for kids enables them to expand their creative skills. Therefore, you can teach shark drawing to kids by following the step-by-step tutorial in this article.
How to Draw a Shark: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
To keep your children busy and engaged, you can encourage them to practice drawing. This activity enables them to improve their thinking abilities and come up with creative ideas on paper. Apart from coloring baby shark coloring pages, kids can also learn to draw them effectively. Kids can learn to draw a mother and their baby sharks to attain mastery in drawing marine animals. Therefore, you can ask kids to follow the stepwise instructions on how to draw a shark in a systematic way.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Crayons or watercolor paints
Easy Stepwise Tutorial on How to Draw a Shark
The step-by-step instructions on shark drawing for kids are mentioned below.
Draw an arc on paper.
Draw another arc connected with the first one to make an elliptical shape for the shark’s body.
Draw a vertical arc at the end of the shark’s body to give the appearance of its tail.
Draw a small triangle shape on the top region of the shark’s body for the dorsal fin.
Draw a line in the middle of the shark’s body, starting from the snout to the tail, followed by a triangle-shaped structure to form the pectoral fin.
Draw a tiny triangle shape on the snout region of the shark to give the appearance of a mouth with sharp teeth. Also, draw a triangle shape at the bottom of the shark’s body for the pelvic fin.
Draw a small circle for the shark’s eyes, followed by three to four lines for the gills above the line on the shark’s body.
Finally, color the illustration using bright color pencils or crayons on the drawing sheet.
Also, explore butterfly drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Shark Drawing for Kids
A few tips to learn how to draw a shark for kids are mentioned below.
- Explain to kids about the largest marine animal through drawing.
- Teach kids how to draw a shark following the stepwise instructions.
- Assign a specific place for kids to draw so that they can concentrate on drawing the image systematically.
- Allow kids to take their own time in drawing the picture perfectly.
- Teach kids to draw the shark’s head, eyes, snout, dorsal, pectoral and pelvic fin in the correct order on paper.
- Teach kids to outline the image of a shark with a darker shade to make it look visually attractive.
Also, explore fish drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Shark
The benefits of learning shark drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It develops artistic and creative skills in children.
- It enables children to learn about marine animals and their characteristics through drawing.
- It creates a fun learning atmosphere for children.
- It develops fine motor and cognitive skills in children.
- It stimulates children’s brain development while learning to draw sharks on paper.
We hope this article on how to draw a shark helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Shark
How to draw a shark?
Teach little ones to draw a shark following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. These instructions give clear steps on how to draw every feature of a shark correctly on paper.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a shark?
The benefits of learning shark drawing for kids are that it helps them learn about marine animals through drawing. Most importantly, they will learn to draw different shapes and intricate patterns. Drawing also enables kids to develop creativity and visualization skills.