How to Draw a Monkey: A Step-by-Step Tutorial for Kids
Are you looking for simple steps to teach kids how to draw a monkey? We are happy to provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to draw a monkey on paper. The stepwise instructions are extremely easy and understandable for kids to follow. Practicing animal drawing for kids will enable them to explore new information related to different animals they must know.
Learning drawing for kids is an excellent way to enhance their creativity and visualization skills. Allow kids to explore their artistic skills by following the drawing tutorial to learn how to draw a monkey. Using these instructions will help kids who’ve started learning to draw animals.
How to Draw a Monkey: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
The monkey is the most preferred animal theme for kids. They enjoy looking at monkeys and the activities they carry out. Besides using animal coloring pages, kids can also learn to draw their favorite animals. In this regard, kids can follow the step-by-step drawing tutorial to learn how to draw a monkey given below.
What you’ll need?
- A paper
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Crayons or watercolor paints
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Monkey
The step-by-step instructions on how to draw a monkey are given below.
Draw two small circles as eyes, an oval shape structure for the nose and a small arc for the mouth.
Draw an oval shape structure around the face of the monkey for the head.
Draw a semicircle loop on the left and right sides of the face of the monkey for the ears.
Draw an elongated loop for the face of the monkey for the body.
Draw a pair of elongated loops on the left side of the monkey’s body for the arm and leg.
Draw an extended loop on the right side of the monkey’s body for the arm and leg.
Draw an elongated loop on the left side of the monkey’s body to give an appearance of the tail.
After drawing, color the illustrated image of the monkey on paper using crayons or watercolor paints.
Also, explore butterfly drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Monkey Drawing for Kids
A few tips to teach kids how to draw a monkey are mentioned below.
- Teach kids to sketch a monkey on paper.
- Show a reference image of a monkey to kids for drawing.
- Teach kids how to draw the ears, nose, mouth, arms, legs and body of a monkey easily.
- Provide necessary instructions before drawing a monkey to kids.
- Teach kids about monkeys while drawing.
- Encourage kids to follow given instructions systematically for an effective drawing experience.
- Once kids finish drawing, you can teach them how to color using desired shades to give the monkeys a realistic appearance on paper.
Also, explore fish drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Monkey for Kids
The benefits of learning how to draw a monkey for kids are mentioned below:
- It improves concentration and helps them stay focused while drawing.
- It motivates kids to expand their creative skills.
- It teaches kids about intricate designs and patterns through drawing.
- It keeps children engaged and entertained.
- It helps children become familiar with features and fun facts about monkeys.
- It increases confidence and resilience among children while drawing.
- It teaches children to hold a pencil firmly and draw in a proper way.
We hope this article on how to draw a monkey helps children. You can check out other games, activities and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Monkey
How to draw a monkey?
Kids can check out the stepwise instructions on how to draw a monkey mentioned in this article to draw a monkey easily.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a monkey?
Learning how to draw a monkey helps children get familiar with shapes and patterns easily. Besides this, kids will learn about monkeys’ features, fun facts and their importance in the ecosystem.