Help your children learn how to draw a helicopter by following the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this article. A helicopter is a type of aircraft used as a means of air transportation. Do your children know how to draw a helicopter on a sheet of paper? If not, we are here to help you provide simple instructions on how to draw a helicopter. Practicing vehicle drawing for kids will enable them to enhance their artistic skills and knowledge of different modes of transportation at the same time.
Kids need instructions that enable them to draw an illustration effectively without facing any challenges. Conducting drawing for kids helps them learn about parts of the helicopter, such as the cockpit, engine, landing skid, blade, tail cone and fin. Therefore, you can teach kids helicopter drawing by following the step-by-step drawing tutorial in this article.
How to Draw a Helicopter: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Every child’s dream is to travel in helicopters and explore the beautiful landscape of different places. They enjoy the process thoroughly and spend incredible time exploring the areas that are difficult to see from other air transportation modes. To enhance your children’s knowledge about helicopters, you can conduct drawing activities for kids at home. These activities create interest among them to draw and learn essential skills at the same time.
Kids feel excited when you provide an opportunity to draw something that they like. Therefore, you can teach kids how to draw a helicopter by following the simple stepwise instructions on a sheet of paper.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Coloring tools, such as crayons, paintbrushes, watercolor paints, etc.
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Helicopter
The step-by-step instructions on helicopter drawing for kids are mentioned below.
Draw an oval shape on a sheet of paper for the helicopter’s body.
Draw an elongated loop on the right side of the helicopter’s body to give the appearance of the tail cone.
Draw a horizontal line below the helicopter’s body to give the appearance of the landing skid, followed by the tiny rectangle-shaped structures on the left and right sides of the tail cone to give the appearance of the tail fin.
Draw a horizontal line on the topmost region of the helicopter’s body to give the appearance of the blades.
Draw a diagonal line on the helicopter’s tail fin to give the appearance of the tail rotor.
Draw three to four lines on the helicopter’s body to give the appearance of the cockpit.
Finally, color the illustration of the helicopter using crayons or watercolor paints.
Also, explore nature drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Helicopter Drawing for Kids
A few tips for learning how to draw a helicopter for kids are mentioned below.
- Show the images or videos of helicopters to kids to get a better idea while drawing.
- Encourage kids to seek help if they find it hard to draw certain parts of the helicopter on a sheet of paper without any hesitation.
- Teach kids to control the movement of pencils to get the desired illustration of the helicopter.
- Encourage kids to practice drawing until they become proficient.
- Teach kids about different parts of the helicopters through drawing.
Also, explore butterfly drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Helicopter
The benefits of learning helicopter drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It strengthens the hand and wrist muscles of children while drawing.
- It develops creativity, hand-eye coordination and imagination skills in children.
- It teaches children to draw lines, figures, shapes and other intricate patterns on paper.
- It increases the concentration and patience in children through drawing.
- It helps children retain the information about helicopters in their memory for a longer period of time.
We hope this article on how to draw a helicopter helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Helicopter
How to draw a helicopter?
You can teach kids to draw a helicopter on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. With these instructions, kids can easily learn to draw different parts of a helicopter, such as a cockpit, blades, tail cone, tail fin, etc.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a helicopter?
The benefits of learning how to draw a helicopter for kids are that it helps them learn about one of the most important modes of air transportation through drawing. Besides this, kids develop essential skills, such as creativity, hand-eye coordination and visualization skills.