Do your children find it challenging to draw the illustrations of dolphins on a sheet of paper? If yes, we are here to help you provide the stepwise instructions to enable them to illustrate dolphins effectively on paper. Teach children how to draw a dolphin by following the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this article. Practicing aquatic animal drawing for kids gives them a sense of joy and happiness to learn something new about marine animals.
Besides taking kids to dolphin shows, you can also teach them about dolphins through drawing. Dolphins are aquatic mammals belonging to the family of Delphinidae. They are highly intelligent mammals. You can teach kids how to draw a dolphin by following the step-by-step instructions. Learning drawing for kids is the best way to upgrade their knowledge about dolphins they’ve never heard before.
How to Draw a Dolphin: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Where do you find dolphins? They are primarily found in nearshore or deep waters. Apart from this, they are also found in estuaries, harbors, and bays. How will you differentiate dolphins from other marine species? Dolphins are gray or white in color with smooth and rubbery skin. The prominent features of dolphins are the rostrum, melon, and dorsal and pectoral fins. You can update your children with all this information through drawing. You can conduct art activities for kids so that they will learn to illustrate dolphins on paper. You can provide them with simple stepwise instructions to draw.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing sheet
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Color pencils or crayons
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Dolphin
The step-by-step drawing tutorial of a dolphin for kids is given below.
Draw an elongated loop on a sheet of paper for the dolphin’s body.
Draw a cone-shaped structure at one end of the dolphin’s body for the mouth, followed by a dot on the dolphin’s face for the eyes.
Draw curved lines on the pectoral region of the dolphin’s body for the pectoral fins.
Draw a curved line on the dorsal region of the dolphin’s body for the dorsal fin, followed by a wave-like structure on the dolphin’s tail region for the tail.
Draw a line intersecting the dorsal and pectoral region of the dolphin’s body.
Finally, color the illustration of the dolphin using crayons or watercolor paints.
Also, explore fish drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Dolphin Drawing for Kids
A few tips for learning dolphin drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- Motivate kids to explore their creative thinking skills through drawing.
- Teach kids to outline the illustrations using darker pencils to highlight every feature of the dolphins.
- Show them dolphins in real life to understand their appearance and characteristics.
- Teach kids to draw the mouth and eyes of the dolphin at the beginning, followed by the body, fins and tail for an effective drawing experience.
- Give clear instructions to kids on how to draw a dolphin to get the desired results.
Also, explore lion drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Dolphin
The benefits of learning dolphin drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It helps children understand the role of dolphins in the ocean food chain.
- It enables children to draw every feature or body part of the dolphins easily.
- It teaches children to protect and conserve dolphins from extinction.
- It creates interest among children to study marine life in the future.
- It develops hand-eye coordination and cognitive skills in children.
- It motivates children to enhance their drawing and artistic skills from an early age.
We hope this article on how to draw a dolphin helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw a Dolphin
How to draw a dolphin?
You can teach kids how to draw a dolphin on a sheet of paper by following the stepwise instructions mentioned in this article. Kids can learn to draw the prominent features of dolphins with the help of these easy-to-follow instructions.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw a dolphin?
The benefits of learning dolphin drawing for kids are that it helps them understand the physical and behavioral characteristics of dolphins through drawing. Besides this, kids will develop their creative thinking and fine motor skills.