Find out easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a dog. Learning dog drawing for kids will enable them to understand the physical and behavioral characteristics of the animal. Dogs are the most loved domesticated animal. They are very intelligent and loyal companions to their owners. Practicing animal drawing for kids is something that they enjoy in their free time.
Sometimes, there are possibilities of children not being able to draw a simple dog. During that time, you can teach dog drawing to kids in such a way that they learn how to draw a dog easily. Teaching dog drawing for kids not only helps them develop compassion towards the animal but also expands their creativity skills. You can enhance their skills by conducting drawing games for kids. These drawings for kids will create interest and motivation in them to learn something new.
Drawing comes naturally to children from an early age. They are so inclined towards drawing that they explore and experiment new ideas to create something beautiful. If your children find it difficult to draw a simple dog, we’ve got step-by-step instructions for them. These are very simple and easy for children to understand and implement in their drawings. Dog drawing for kids helps them to learn how to draw a dog in a systematic way. Incorporating art activities for kids encourages them to learn and enhance their drawing skills.
Dog Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Young children scribble at the initial stage of their drawing. Then, they gradually get a grip of the pencil and understand the lines and patterns in drawing. To help these young children to learn how to draw their favorite animal, you can provide them with stepwise instructions. These instructions are extremely easy to follow. Needless to say, dog drawing for kids helps them develop cognitive skills and hand-eye coordination. Let us check out some of the stepwise instructions to draw a dog given below.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Dog
Most people like to keep dogs as their pets at home, and they take care of them as a part of their family members. To help children in understanding more about dogs, you can encourage them to draw dogs using the stepwise instructions given below:
- Step 1: Draw a small circle for its snout.
- Step 2: Draw a semicircle on top of the circle for the dog’s head.
- Step 3: Draw a big elliptical loop below the snout.
- Step 4: Draw front legs with rounded lobe covering the feet of the dog.
- Step 5: Draw two small curves on both sides of the dog’s body for the legs.
- Step 6: Draw an elongated loop as ears on the right and left sides of the dog’s head.
- Step 7: Draw two half oval-shaped circles on top of the snout for the dog’s eyes.
- Step 8: Draw a long loop for the dog’s tail on top of the left side of the small leg.
- Step 9: Draw an inverted triangle on the snout for the nose and a small curve below the inverted triangle for the mouth.
- Step 10: Finally, erase the fine lines and outline the image with marker. And, color the image using crayons and color pencils.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Puppy
The offspring of a dog is referred to as a puppy. They are very cute and adorable. Children love playing with puppies and like spending most of their time with them. Here are stepwise tutorials to learn how to draw a puppy given below:
- Step 1: Draw an oval shape for the puppy’s head.
- Step 2: Draw an arched line separating the head.
- Step 3: Draw an inverted triangle below the arc for the puppy’s nose.
- Step 4: Draw two small circles on top of the arc for the puppy’s eyes.
- Step 5: Draw two small curves below the puppy’s nose and a U shaped curve connecting the two small curves for the puppy’s mouth.
- Step 6: Draw a tiny arc on top of the eyes for the puppy’s eyebrow.
- Step 7: Draw an elongated loop on top of the right and left sides of the head for the puppy’s ears.
- Step 8: Draw straight lines for the first pair of legs.
- Step 9: Draw curved lines for the back and chest of the puppy.
- Step 10: Draw a second pair of legs.
- Step 11: Draw a small elongated loop for the puppy’s tail.
- Step 12: Finally, color the image using crayons and color pencils.
Free Printable Dog Drawing for Kids
If your children want to become proficient in drawing dogs, it is important for them to learn basic steps on how to draw a dog efficiently. Using connect the dots worksheets, your child can learn drawing by connecting the dots on the given worksheets. Here are a few printable dog drawings for kids given below:
Benefits of Learning Dog Drawing for Kids
Some of the benefits of learning dog drawing for kids are mentioned below:
- Enables children to express their thoughts and feelings in the form of drawing.
- Develops creativity and imagination skills.
- Improves hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in children.
- Boost confidence and motivation to learn something new.
- Enhances drawing skills in children.
- Improves concentration and focus while drawing.
- Enhances the learning experience of children.
- Develops cognitive and problem solving skills in children.
To improve your child’s creativity, explore activities, games and worksheets on the kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Dog Drawing for Kids
What is a dog drawing for kids?
Dog drawing for kids is an excellent way to teach how to draw a dog for children. You can teach step-by-step instructions to children so that they can draw a dog easily.
What are the benefits of dog drawing for kids?
The benefits of dog drawing for kids is that it helps children to develop creativity and visualization skills. Most importantly, it enables kids to think creatively and come up with interesting ideas.