Explore easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a cat below. Learning cat drawing for kids will help them develop understanding of the animal and enhance their creativity skills at the same time. Also, practicing animal drawing for kids will enable them to upgrade their knowledge of species in a creative way.
Cats are the most loved domesticated animal belonging to the Falidae family. Most children love cats and like to play with them all day. Children love drawing, and they would definitely try to draw their favorite cat. Though your child knows drawing, sometimes they might struggle to draw a simple cat in an effective way.
To teach cat drawing for kids, we’ve got step-by-step instructions that help your child in drawing their favorite animal easily. You can enhance their creativity by conducting drawing games for kids on a regular basis. This will help them develop hand-eye coordination and concentration level on whatever they are doing.
Learning to draw enhances your child’s thinking skills. They explore and experiment with innovative ideas to create something really beautiful. Conducting art activities for kids at home help them learn how to draw and create a stunning illustration. Therefore, teaching cat drawing for kids enables them to expand their imagination level and creativity. For that, you can download a printable cat drawing for kids in order to teach the stepwise process to draw their favorite animal. Let us check out step-by-step instructions on how to draw a cat here.
Cat Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Cats are one of the most loved animals in the world. There are a few interesting facts about these furry animals, like they are the only mammals who don’t taste sweet, and they can spend most of their time grooming. If your child wants to explore their drawing skills, you can teach cat drawing for kids so that they can learn how to draw a cat and at the same time enhance their creativity skills.
When your child draws something, they put their imagination on the paper. But, they do require simple instructions on how to draw. This will help them learn basic drawing skills. However, you can explore some of the easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a cat given below.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Cat
Sometimes, children know how to draw, but they find it difficult to draw a simple cat. Here are a few steps to learn how to draw an easy cat for kids.
- Step 1: Draw a big circle for the cat’s head.
- Step 2: Draw another loop angled downwards attached to a big circle for the cat’s body.
- Step 3: Draw a tail attached to the loop.
- Step 4: Draw two triangle-shaped ears on the left and right sides of the cat’s head.
- Step 5: Draw three oval-shaped feet attached to the cat’s body.
- Step 6: Draw two circles to make eyes and one circle for the nose. Draw two small curves as the mouth of the cat. Then, draw three parallel lines on the left and right sides of the face for cat’s whiskers.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Cartoon Cat
To help children in drawing the perfect cartoon cat, you can check the stepwise instructions given below:
- Step 1: Draw an oval shape for the cat’s head.
- Step 2: Draw two triangles above the left and right sides of the head. Again, draw two small triangles inside the big triangles for the cat’s ears.
- Step 3: Draw a small inverted triangle inside the big oval-shaped head.
- Step 4: Draw two tiny circles above the inverted triangle for the cat’s eyes. Next, draw two curves on the left and right sides, starting from the tip of the inverted triangle. Then, draw a small curve below the two curves for the cat’s mouth.
- Step 5: Draw three parallel lines on the left and right sides of the mouth for cat’s whiskers.
- Step 6: Draw two curved lines starting from the cat’s head to make the body of the cat.
- Step 7: Draw long U shaped legs at the end of the body. To make claws, draw three small lines on each leg.
- Step 8: Finally, draw a small tail to complete the cartoon cat.
Free Printable Cat Drawing for Kids
Drawing cats is an excellent way to expand your child’s creativity skills. To teach your child how to draw a cat, you can download a printable cat drawing for kids. These printables will help children to follow the stepwise instructions on how to draw a cat in a systematic way. To help them practice drawing, you can provide connect the dots worksheets for kids. These free printable cat drawings for kids are extremely beneficial in developing their fine motor skills. Here are a few printable cat drawings for kids given below:
Benefits of Cat Drawing for Kids
Some of the benefits of cat drawing for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops creativity and imagination skills in children.
- Improves concentration and helps children to stay focused on what they are doing.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in children.
- Stimulates their brain development.
- Helps children in following instructions in a systematic way.
- Enables children to think out of the box and come up with creative ideas.
- Creates a positive impact on children.
- Enables expression of thoughts and ideas in the form of drawing.
- Develops emotional attachment towards cats.
- Helps in choosing the right color for an image.
- Develops visualization skills in children.
- Enables children to understand, express and imagine things about cats before drawing.
To improve your child’s creativity, explore activities, games and worksheets on the kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cat Drawing for Kids
What is a cat drawing for kids?
Cat drawing for kids is an excellent way of teaching children how to draw a cat by following the step-by-step instructions. These instructions are extremely easy for children to follow. With this, they can draw their pet animal in a creative way.
What are the benefits of a cat drawing for kids?
The benefits of a cat drawing for kids is that it helps children to expand their imagination and creativity skills. Most importantly, children improve their hand-eye coordination and learn to follow instructions in a systematic way.