Butterfly Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Tutorial for Kids
Check out easy step-by-step instructions on how to draw a butterfly for kids. Butterflies are one of the most beautiful looking species in the world. These species consist of colorful wings used for flight. Learning butterfly drawing for kids will enable them to recognize the insect based on their physical characteristics. Also. practicing insect drawing for kids is a great way to learn interesting facts about these species.
Children especially love watching butterflies whenever they are found around them. They also try to capture their beauty in the form of drawings. Sometimes, they might find it difficult to draw a simple butterfly. In such cases, you can teach stepwise instructions on how to draw a butterfly easily to children.
Teaching butterfly drawing for kids is extremely beneficial in terms of developing hand-eye coordination and creativity skills. You can conduct these activities for kids at home so that they enhance their drawing skills at a very early age.
Needless to say, each and every child is attracted to the beauty of butterflies. Do your children know how to illustrate them on a sheet of paper? If not, you can guide them on how to draw a simple butterfly in a systematic manner.
Butterfly drawing for kids is an excellent way to expand their creativity and imagination skills. You can conduct drawing for kids where they learn how to draw a butterfly and receive appreciation for their artwork. It is important to provide opportunities for children to practice drawing on a regular basis so that they develop their skills efficiently.
Butterfly Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids
Learning drawing enables children to understand lines and patterns in order to create a perfect shape of a butterfly. This helps them to make a perfect illustration and know where to add lines and patterns so that it becomes visually appealing. To enhance your children’s drawing skills, encourage them to practice drawing regularly. It helps them to express their imagination and thoughts on the paper. You can teach butterfly drawing for kids so that they can learn how to draw using the simple steps given below.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Simple Butterfly
Butterflies use camouflage to escape from their predators. They undergo a four-stage life cycle to develop into adult butterflies. Here are step-by-step instructions for kids to learn how to draw a butterfly given below:
- Step 1: Take a sheet of paper and fold it in half both ways and unfold them later.
- Step 2: Draw fine lines on the folds so that you get four equal sides on a sheet of paper.
- Step 3: Draw a small circle and an elongated loop on the center of the lines for the head and body of a butterfly.
- Step 4: Draw two symmetrical wings on the top of the left and right sides of the body.
- Step 5: Then, draw two symmetrical wings below the left and right sides of the body.
- Step 6: Draw a few patterns and shapes inside the top and bottom wings.
- Step 7: Then, draw two antennas on the head of a butterfly.
- Step 8: Erase the fine lines and outline the shape with a marker. Finally, color the butterfly using bright colored pencils and crayons.
Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw a Cartoon Butterfly
Drawing a cartoon butterfly helps children to expand their creativity. Check out stepwise instructions to draw a cartoon butterfly given below:
- Step 1: Take a sheet of paper and draw a small circle for the head of the butterfly.
- Step 2: Draw an elongated loop for the body of the butterfly.
- Step 3: Draw a big circle on the right side of the body for the wing of the butterfly.
- Step 4: Draw a small circle below the big circle on the right side for the wing of the butterfly.
- Step 5: Draw a big circle on the left side for the wing of the butterfly.
- Step 6: Draw a small circle below the big circle on the left side for the wing of the butterfly. You need to make sure that the circle drawn on either side of the body should be symmetrical.
- Step 7: Draw two small circles on the head for the eyes of the butterfly.
- Step 8: Then, draw a small curve below the eyes for the mouth of the butterfly.
- Step 9: Draw two antennas above the head of the butterfly.
- Step 10: Draw intricate patterns on the wings of the butterfly. You can draw circles, loops, dots, lines, etc., to make it vibrant and attractive.
- Step 11: Finally, erase the fine lines and outline the image with a marker. Then, color the butterfly using crayons and watercolors.
Free Printable Butterfly Drawing for Kids
Teaching butterfly drawing for kids is very essential so that they can understand the lines and patterns in drawing from an early age. They will know how to make symmetrical lines, circles, and other patterns in order to create a beautiful butterfly. To help your children practice, you can download printable butterfly drawing for kids so that they can learn how to draw a butterfly in a simple way. Also, they can download animal coloring pages in order to learn coloring. These printables are extremely beneficial for children to enhance their drawing skills. Here are a few printable butterfly drawings for kids given below:
Benefits of Butterfly Drawing for Kids
Some of the benefits of learning butterfly drawing for kids are mentioned below:
- Increases concentration and focus towards their work.
- Encourages children to practice butterfly drawing.
- Develops creativity and imagination skills.
- Enables children to express their ideas on a sheet of paper through drawing.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in children.
- Creates engagement and entertainment for children.
- Develops cognitive, observational and problem solving skills.
To improve your child’s creativity, explore activities, games and worksheets on the kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Butterfly Drawing for Kids
What is a butterfly drawing for kids?
Butterfly drawing for kids is an excellent way to teach children how to draw a simple butterfly using stepwise instructions. With this, children will learn how to draw lines and patterns to make a beautiful butterfly.
What are the benefits of butterfly drawing for kids?
The benefits of butterfly drawing for kids is that it helps them to expand their creativity and imagination skills. Most importantly, children will develop fine motor skills, which enable movement of the hand, fingers and wrist to draw a butterfly easily.